Out of Town Thread XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't know if it was mentioned. But on Saturday Headlines on HNIC, Chris Johnston said that right now, the Devils are encouraging teams to call them and make offers for Hall. The insider said right now, it's not so much a back-and-forth as it is Shero just taking calls and listening.

He did specify that the Avalanche are the favorites to land him and that they're looking to get this done by the Christmas break, which starts on December 19th for the NHL.
There was an echo then.........Heard Bob Mackenzie tell us all that last week on TSN.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Leafs laying the boots to the Blues. Matthews with 2 goals so I guess he's now good again and doesn't need to go after all. :sarcasm:

Leafs 5 goals on 14 shots. Yikes.
Binington let in 4 of the first 10 shots. Then got yanked.

Blues to a man mailed that game in.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Love the guy, miss the guy

but we need LD, its as simple as that. right now all our RD are outplaying Subban, Who is clearly focused on off-the-ice stuff entirely too much right now. He'll be working for CBC/Sportsnet soon enough
not soon enough for the Devils and their fans.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
At least we should acknowledge at times, PK was the best player on the ice for either team when he wore the Habs jersey. And you'd be hard-fought to find a hungrier and more clutch player during the playoffs than Subban.

As a hockey fan first and foremost, I hope he finds his Norris form back.
BS

His last great play off was against the Bruins in 014. He was also great in the 011 series against the Bruins.

014 getting eliminated by the Rangers (Eler and Bourque were the habs best players). LOL Where was this "clutch" Subban .

He was anything but clutch in the finals of 017.

Aves and Jets series of 018... Clutch ? How so?

Against the Stars last year? That got him a plane ticket to Jersey.

Subban "play off beast" A myth his fans seem to think will stick if they say it enough times.

Last edited:
Reactions: the

Boy74

Oct 3, 2019
BS

Subban "play off beast" A myth his fans seem to think will stick if they say it enough times.

I was a Subban fan - so much so, I travelled to Hamilton to watch him play for the Bulldogs (pre-Habs). His first year - he lived up to the hype. By the time he was traded, I got tired of the Subban Show.

Hey - if he wants to come back to Montreal, he could continue the excellent philanthropy work at Children's Hospital. Barring that, please keep him away from the hockey team.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
BS

His last great play off was against the Bruins in 014. He was also great in the 011 series against the Bruins.

014 getting eliminated by the Rangers (Eler and Bourque were the habs best players). LOL Where was this "clutch" Subban .

He was anything but clutch in the finals of 017.

Aves and Jets series of 018... Clutch ? How so?

Against the Stars last year? That got him a plane ticket to Jersey.

I did write "when he wore the Habs jersey." And it's ridiculous to bring the 0'14 playoffs vs. the Rangers. Tokarski was our goalkeeper. You think the gameplan stayed the same on defense?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Eichel looks like the yellow villain from Sin City... A strange but good film.
He reminds me of Marv from Home Alone

14200580183998.jpeg

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Name two players on the Montreal Canadiens roster you would start a franchise with over Eichel or Dahlin.
You were taling about this years playoffs. Eichel is the best forward between both teams but I can think of like 4 Habs forwards that are better than their 2nd best forward. Weber is also better than Dahlin at the moment. Also as much as Price sucks this year, he is still far better than Buffalos goalie.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Name two players on the Montreal Canadiens roster you would start a franchise with over Eichel or Dahlin.
Ya, they have that Finnish goalie in the system too. Also, if Dahlin or Eichel were on our team? They both would have suffered concussions and one of them would be playing as a 3rd line winger...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You were taling about this years playoffs. Eichel is the best forward between both teams but I can think of like 4 Habs forwards that are better than their 2nd best forward. Weber is also better than Dahlin at the moment. Also as much as Price sucks this year, he is still far better than Buffalos goalie.

Those two players are still more talented than anything we have, so it isn't a misnomer to say Buffalo is a more talented team than us.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Price and Weber are also at the end of their careers.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Who says they are? Everything they said about him is still false, he knows that even if they say otherwise.
My point was that his play on the ice always seemed to counter the perception that the off ice activities were a distraction. Obviously since a reporter has seen fit to call him out (which I personally haven't seen before), the play on the ice has deteriorated to the point where he is no longer able to balance the two effectively.

I also am of the mind that we could still use him on our team. I am my own contradiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad