Out of Town Thread XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He is omnipresent on social media, but I don't think that translates to a great deal of time.

He definitely seems to be going for strength and tricks with the puck in his training. I'd like to him lighter, more flexible and faster. His blade work has always been great, but his speed has been an real obstacle in recent years.
He should be on the ice more during summer and do way less of his quick movement drills. He needs to work on his speed work, definitely, and positioning.

Reactions: angusyoung

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I agree the prospects are encouraging and they need to keep adding to the pool.

IMO, they should move vets Price, Weber, Petry etc and go all in with a youth movement.
thing is, they are not, Primeau will be Price replacement, the D prospects will replace Petry/Weber, they will not be added to them...

in 4 or 5 years we will still be here discussing the bubble team the Habs are, players will have different names, that is all.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
<Insert player name that has regressed> was never that good because he's no longer good.
I agree with the Ciccio1980.
But, was he good in Montreal ... YES! (some will debate his Norris, and I thought Ryan Suter would get it).

He came in the playoffs in 2010 and was good until he met guys like Chris Pronger. Then he couldn't drive the play "like" Bobby Orr all the time. He was productive, exciting to watch for his whole tenure with the Habs.
Still, he hasn't adapted him game. He liked to carry the puck too much. He looks slow now, especially with the NHL being faster than ever. With the game being so fast, you got to use your teammates and PK would do too much of his own. His head seems a LOT in many other areas than hockey.
It was "sad" seeing Suzuki work him in the corners and PK wasn't able to defend. I notice twice, clearly. Something is off with PK and I think he did not get ready for the upcoming season, thinking things were going to be a piece of cake!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wow...Madison Bowey on waivers....never thought I'd see that one day. Add his name to the guys I was wrong about.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Jul 6, 2016
I agree with the Ciccio1980.
But, was he good in Montreal ... YES! (some will debate his Norris, and I thought Ryan Suter would get it).

He came in the playoffs in 2010 and was good until he met guys like Chris Pronger. Then he couldn't drive the play "like" Bobby Orr all the time. He was productive, exciting to watch for his whole tenure with the Habs.
Still, he hasn't adapted him game. He liked to carry the puck too much. He looks slow now, especially with the NHL being faster than ever. With the game being so fast, you got to use your teammates and PK would do too much of his own. His head seems a LOT in many other areas than hockey.
It was "sad" seeing Suzuki work him in the corners and PK wasn't able to defend. I notice twice, clearly. Something is off with PK and I think he did not get ready for the upcoming season, thinking things were going to be a piece of cake!

PK is not surrounded by three other NHL star-excellent d-men in NJ as he was in Nashville.... But being traded (again) could had been a huge slap in the face for him and his ego.

Reactions: Fixxer

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
PK is not surrounded by three other NHL star-excellent d-men in NJ as he was in Nashville.... But being traded (again) could had been a huge slap in the face for him and his ego.
I'd be surprised if he was traded this year. NJ would probably need to add assets like draft pick to get rid of him because of his salary. I'm sure he can turn it around next year if he gets in shape, I hope so. He is (was?) a fun player to watch.

Jul 6, 2016
I'd be surprised if he was traded this year. NJ would probably need to add assets like draft pick to get rid of him because of his salary. I'm sure he can turn it around next year if he gets in shape, I hope so. He is (was?) a fun player to watch.

PK is a born entertainer and a smart guy.... I think he is planning his after-playing career since a long time.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Subban is back at needing to lead the defensive squad. It was easier being a top 4 in Nashville. He might be able to do a good job if he played with a defensive sound partner. I think it'll be difficult for him to get it done by himself, especially as he's a bit older and doesn't have many teammates to rely on.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

I see no reason for NJ to trade him this year. He is a cap dump at this point. NJ is going nowhere and Shero's attempt at competing blew up in his face. And without Hall and the bad goaltending situation next year they probably are just as bad. Better to ride out the PK contract they won't need the cap space. If he turns it around better for them, but I don't see the value in moving him and taking back bad contracts/giving up picks/prospects. Unless he is too toxic for the org.

Wonder if they would do Alzner for PK. Less cap hit but Alzner is not even AHL level.

Jul 6, 2016
I see no reason for NJ to trade him this year. He is a cap dump at this point. NJ is going nowhere and Shero's attempt at competing blew up in his face. And without Hall and the bad goaltending situation next year they probably are just as bad. Better to ride out the PK contract they won't need the cap space. If he turns it around better for them, but I don't see the value in moving him and taking back bad contracts/giving up picks/prospects. Unless he is too toxic for the org.

Wonder if they would do Alzner for PK. Less cap hit but Alzner is not even AHL level.

MB would not !

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
This one?

I didn't see this Tweet and was unaware of it. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't know if he's being sarcastic or not with the whole getting bigger up front. Because Pageau is also below 6 feet.

I think it's worded poorly. The habs are looking to get bigger up front and on a completely unrelated note they are also looking into Pageau

Reactions: Adam Michaels

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
This one?

I didn't see this Tweet and was unaware of it. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't know if he's being sarcastic or not with the whole getting bigger up front. Because Pageau is also below 6 feet.

Not only that be he is 100% a grinder. We have plenty of that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->