Out of Town Thread XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Man Lucas Elvenes is killing it. I wish we had him instead of that 2nd rounder in the Pacioretty trade.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I know he looks awful and appears to have gone overboard with his brand, but I just can't help but think he still has something in the tank given the right environment. It's hard to argue that Montreal didn't bring the best out of him. At 4-5M retained and a few contracts and draft picks, I think he'd help us immensely. Jersey has to have buyer's remorse at this point.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I know he looks awful and appears to have gone overboard with his brand, but I just can't help but think he still has something in the tank given the right environment. It's hard to argue that Montreal didn't bring the best out of him. At 4-5M retained and a few contracts and draft picks, I think he'd help us immensely. Jersey has to have buyer's remorse at this point.
Hard pass. He’s lost it. Plus his antics would be distractive
I don’t think hockey is his primary focus

Reactions: cphabs

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Love the guy, miss the guy

but we need LD, its as simple as that. right now all our RD are outplaying Subban, Who is clearly focused on off-the-ice stuff entirely too much right now. He'll be working for CBC/Sportsnet soon enough

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Hard pass. He’s lost it. Plus his antics would be distractive
I don’t think hockey is his primary focus
It does appear that way but there are only two years left and it is possible that if his heart is here, then the play can be on par with his past abilities. It does not address our LD issues, but he's got to be better than what he's shown.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I am saddened by what happened to Subban. He always brought a youthful enthusiasm and excitement to the games. I think that, he always got so much flack for no good reason. It's like he could never win. Called selfish, an egomaniac, immature. The guy loved playing hockey and showing off his loud personality. He was really good, he won games by himself, not many players can do that with any kind of regularity. Just leave him alone, we have so few guys like him, why give him so much shit? And I think now it broke him. The guy has a great life, he's well liked in the entertainment field. He seems to have a great thing going with Lindsay Vonn. Why give his focus to hockey when it's so clear he will never win with some people.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I am saddened by what happened to Subban. He always brought a youthful enthusiasm and excitement to the games. I think that, he always got so much flack for no good reason. It's like he could never win. Called selfish, an egomaniac, immature. The guy loved playing hockey and showing off his loud personality. He was really good, he won games by himself, not many players can do that with any kind of regularity. Just leave him alone, we have so few guys like him, why give him so much ****? And I think now it broke him. The guy has a great life, he's well liked in the entertainment field. He seems to have a great thing going with Lindsay Vonn. Why give his focus to hockey when it's so clear he will never win with some people.

It surprises me that he is willing to let them be right.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I think going from a Habs jersey to a Preds jersey killed his hockey spirit. His boyhood dream shattered, he could only find solace in the arms of a blond goddess. The final blow was to become a Devil. He's a lost soul now.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
At least we should acknowledge at times, PK was the best player on the ice for either team when he wore the Habs jersey. And you'd be hard-fought to find a hungrier and more clutch player during the playoffs than Subban.

As a hockey fan first and foremost, I hope he finds his Norris form back.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Florida is ahead of us and getting .890 from Bob.

Toronto and Tampa are going to figure it out.

I don't see a logical way this Habs team makes the playoffs and they shouldn't. All those teams, including Buffalo, have more talent than us.

Reactions: atrud66

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Florida is ahead of us and getting .890 from Bob.

Toronto and Tampa are going to figure it out.

I don't see a logical way this Habs team makes the playoffs and they shouldn't. All those teams, including Buffalo, have more talent than us.

Habs also already played 17 games at home and only 13 on the road….
Florida, Buffalo, Toronto and Tampa have all played either more games on the road or are tied between Home and Road games.
We are the only team with more road games (And a lot)

It's funny to see the Rangers 1 point behind with 2 games in hand, they started their rebuild after the Habs and are about the pass them and their future look already better. There's a reason Bergevin said that it's not a rebuild that it's something else we can call whatever we want…..he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Florida, Buffalo, Toronto and Tampa have all played either more games on the road or are tied between Home and Road games.

It's funny to see the Rangers 1 point behind with 2 games in hand, they started their rebuild after the Habs and are about the pass them and their future look already better. There's a reason Bergevin said that it's not a rebuild that it's something else we can call whatever we want…..he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

I'm just happy it looks like we dropped off the radar for Hall. It would be a massive mistake to trade assets for Hall at this stage of the game.. but definitely discouraged the mandate is "we need to make the play-offs"; what good does that do? The focus is on gate receipts and play-off money, rather than winning.

It's why I hate this "Bergevin needs to do something or his job will be gone" if you have lost confidence or begun to think about firing someone, you fire them. Bad moves are made under pressure like that, he's either your guy or he's not, if the faith is gone.. fire him, put Timmins in as the interim GM and tell him to accumulate picks and prospects for the veteran players on the team, to start putting this team in a spot for the new GM to steer it through a legitimate rebuild.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

We have played well on the road so far, let's see what the Western trip brings us for Xmas...

Reactions: Milhouse40

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Eichel has been the better player this season and that shouldn't even be up for debate right now IMO. It's always been close between these 2 players despite Leaf fans trying to make it not seem that way.

Eichel though has really taken his game to another level this season while Matthews seems to have somewhat stagnated and often looks lazy and disinterested way too often this season.
I would take Eichel on the Canadians over Matthews without hesitating.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The guy is over 30 and let his team mate on D do the offensive part of the game.
Yea, but he could be racking up the points playing with the Lightening stars like Sergachev.........he just chooses not to. We get ya.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Dream on. He stinks.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
HOw are the habs sitting in 2nd place LOL. Tampas lack of games will allow them to catch up, but everyone said our division was going to be one of the toughest in the league.
polar opposite.

Bruins are good. Everyone else is bubble to lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad