Out of Town Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Tampa, Washington or Toronto would be a first round matchup should the Habs make the playoffs. Yikes.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Tampa, Washington or Toronto would be a first round matchup should the Habs make the playoffs. Yikes.
I think the leafs can be had, particularly if Andersen’s game slides a bit, which it has every single one of his post seasons played.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I think the leafs can be had, particularly if Andersen’s game slides a bit, which it has every single one of his post seasons played.
Ya Anderson might drop the ball, but Matthews would score about 15 goals in that series. I want no part of that.

Reactions: cphabs

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ya Anderson might drop the ball, but Matthews would score about 15 goals in that series. I want no part of that.
I live in the city and watch pretty much all of their games. Of all the “contenders”, they’re the easiest candidate to choose to have an early upset loss. They have one or two holes yet to be truly feared like the other teams mentioned, and they just aren’t built for playoff success. Boston gooned them up early on Saturday night and 90% of the roster phoned in the rest of the game.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I live in the city and watch pretty much all of their games. Of all the “contenders”, they’re the easiest candidate to choose to have an early upset loss. They have one or two holes yet to be truly feared like the other teams mentioned, and they just aren’t built for playoff success. Boston gooned them up early on Saturday night and 90% of the roster phoned in the rest of the game.
I understand, but I just don't think the Habs are one of those teams that could really exploit those weaknesses. Besides Price just cannot stop Matthews.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Look out folks. The best team in the league has a heating up Stamkos and they're about to get Vasilevsky back. What's the modern day regualr season points record because I think they might be able to beat that

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Look out folks. The best team in the league has a heating up Stamkos and they're about to get Vasilevsky back. What's the modern day regualr season points record because I think they might be able to beat that
It was our very own Montreal Canadiens with 132 points in the 1976-77 season.

Reactions: Devonator

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched a little of the wings - kings game to see DLR vs Scherbak. It's the first non Habs NHL game i've watched in years. I thought DLR looked good out there, he had an assist. Scherbak was ok, played more then I thought he would.

DLR with 17 pts in his last 74 games, on pace for 21 pts this year.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
watched a little of the wings - kings game to see DLR vs Scherbak. It's the first non Habs NHL game i've watched in years. I thought DLR looked good out there, he had an assist. Scherbak was ok, played more then I thought he would.

DLR with 17 pts in his last 74 games, on pace for 21 pts this year.
Choose one heck of an entertaining match up to watch your first non Habs game...loll

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
What part of Nanaimo are you in? I lived in Harewood for a good while.

Unfortunately I've lived in Harewood since '04. :laugh: We moved here when my father got promoted because the cost of living was cheap and there wasn't much crime, but in recent years years the city has been plagued by homelessness, lack of jobs, and lots of property crime, with Harewood being one of the neighbourhoods being hit hardest. I'm considering moving back to Pierrefonds-Roxboro (where I grew up) or Laval when I'm done school. I love Nanaimo but it's turning into a difficult place to live. I don't think I can realistically afford to start a family with the cost of living here.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Even less.
Montreal is sitting around 1.8m

Winnipeg around 800k

Then you figure the surrounding cities....Montreal has Ottawa, Quebec City, Trois Rivière, Sherbrook......Winnipeg has......Brandon?? Lol

Unfortunately I've lived in Harewood since '04. :laugh: We moved here when my father got promoted because the cost of living was cheap and there wasn't much crime, but in recent years years the city has been plagued by homelessness, lack of jobs, and lots of property crime, with Harewood being one of the neighbourhoods being hit hardest. I'm considering moving back to Pierrefonds-Roxboro (where I grew up) or Laval when I'm done school. I love Nanaimo but it's turning into a difficult place to live. I don't think I can realistically afford to start a family with the cost of living here.
It’s too bad cause Vancouver Island is gorgeous. Love Comox, Victoria too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stive Morgan

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Montreal is sitting around 1.8m

Winnipeg around 800k

Then you figure the surrounding cities....Montreal has Ottawa, Quebec City, Trois Rivière, Sherbrook......Winnipeg has......Brandon?? Lol

The Montreal metropolitan area , which is the relevant statistic, includes 4 milllion people.

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad