Out of Town Thread: Pre-Pre-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
You kind of went intense on the Subban has a connection and he's loyal. Posted a picture of him crying and all. I actually never originally quoted you, you quoted me. Your quotes to me were very loyalty focused. Reading back, I pretty much implied he will likely stay in Nashville which you agreed to but continued with the long lost love story. Stuff about thanking his coach from when he was 11 and stuff.

End of the day we agree Subban is very unlikely to come here but I don't think loyalty means much here. You put an emphasis on it but this isn't some grinder, this is a star player who is very competitive. He may go off the board entirely for all we know but I think what will matter the most is how the team is doing more so than loyalty. You can have good memories with something but not want to bring up back up from the grave.

The reason he traded Jones over Johansen is because of age. Why would CLB trade Johansen for a guy much older? Jones for Johansen was fair. They're only 3 years apart. Weber is 7 years older than Johansen though and was already getting paid full salary, Jones is cost effective and younger.

I think Toronto will end up trading Kadri at some point. I don't see how Tavares, Matthews, Nylander and Marner alone is not top heavy enough. 4 guys making what, 30+ million total? They'll need young guys to fill in or complimentary types.

I think they'd struggle to fit PK too. Then again they have some young talented D-men coming up, maybe they'll have some young guys on cost effective deals.

This is another post I can get behind. If you notice my posting pattern, I am actually quite respectful to people who post in kind but can bring the crazy with the best of them if people choose to do so. Think of me as the Simon Cowell of HFBoards lol.

I mean it's one thing to say that PK will choose one team over another because of money or chance at the Cup but another poster said that PK doesn't give a rats ass about Montreal and even his most ardent objectors know that's simply not true.

It's true if not for the Salary Cap I could see PK going to Toronto but that's also true of any Contender. It's a shame too because I think that PK would thrive on an offense heavy team like Toronto playing with Tavares and they in turn could use a player of his caliber on defense too.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The Oil making Bergevin moves...
Gotta love it.
The difference being we pull these moves hoping they will be our off season home run. The Oil are simply looking for depth.

I liked the signing of Jerabek a year ago, but he wasn't brought in as a key off-season acquisition. Montreal also brought him in as depth.

Also, Oilers probably don't sign Jerabek if they didn't have Sekera out long term as he recovers from surgery to repair a torn Achilles' tendon a week ago.

Last edited:

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Jacked up PK working out with Terrel Owen's.

Where is PK training right now? Anyone know?

Also those people who said PK wasn't allowed to take a vacation.. here is Lebron James, only the best and highest paid basketball Champion in the world...taking a vacation with his family in Italy this past summer and admitting to Ellen that he still trains everyday. Guess all the vino didn't stop him from hitting the gym everyday. Color me shocked!

lebron.png

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Proof?

Given how I showed you a few examples of how the salary arbitration landscape looks that's how I see the 5.25 or 5.5 working out. I have not seen any evidence habs had 5.5 over a long term deal as an offer. I'm very open to being proven wrong.

I thought you meant something much more excessive when you said 'serious front loading'. Price still gets nearly 8 million in his lowest season, it's not that dramatic.

Fair enough, I just don't see what it has to do with the arbitration conversation we were on.

Unless you can prove the habs were offering him 5.5 on a long term deal this has little to do with the 5.5 million we discussed.

As far as I know we knew the 5.5 for a 1 year deal which is on par with every other arbitration extreme players and teams go through. Like I said, Nashville offered Shea Weber 4.75 in his prime. It's pretty common practice.

There is no proof as the details that come out are third hand from the media. I'm just going with what I recall was reported at the time.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So the canucks are apparently kicking tires on Erik karlsson.

The Canucks are nowhere near ready to be making moves like this. Literally, all they have to do right now is hang on to what they have, and develop it, and look forward to another high pick next year.

All they need is patience, and their group doesn't seem to have much of it. The one guy who might have had it just resigned a few weeks ago.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He just wants the team to be deep, nothing wrong with that. He needs somewhere to hide all that deep doo doo he's in with the fans. Nothing more fun than scuba diving in poo, according to good ole Marc.

I genuinely think there's something wrong with having nine bottom 6 players in a team and four 3rd pairing dmen. When you achieve that it means you have a pretty bad team. And i actually got a problem with that.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He just wants the team to be deep, nothing wrong with that. He needs somewhere to hide all that deep doo doo he's in with the fans. Nothing more fun than scuba diving in poo, according to good ole Marc.
Depth and quality depth are two entirely different things.
You want to be deep in talent, not borderline 4th liners and bottom pairs. That's pretty pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad