Out of Town Thread: Pre-Pre-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
Seguin was still very young and learning and Krejci was indeed a better all around center at the time.

Patches wanted to play with DD and asked to be played with him as they had obvious chemistry. Patches continued scoring was based on his skill level. Him wanting to play with his best buddy DD was his comfort level.

The same coaches that would rather play those two over Chucky tells you just how terrible defensively they saw him as. Not just them, but previous coaches and soon to be future ones too.

I'm a Bruins fan, I come in peace. Even I know Seguin is better hockey player then Krejci. Without going into detail there was stuff going on in the background that cause Tyler Seguin to be traded I wished it never happened but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peanut

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
This is actually a good point about teaching Galchenyuk zone coverage by playing him on the PK. Remember this is the same management that didn't trust their Norris Trophy Defenseman to play on the PK and then made a big stink about his supposed defensive liability. The joke was on them when he proved to be one of the best shutdown defenseman in the league.

There are people who manage to keep swallowing and regurgitating those idiocies even today. Someone here recently referred to PK as top 12 or thereabouts, because "he's not very good defensively", although most of the naysayers have deemed to call that trade a wash. :laugh:

Reactions: Peanut

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm a Bruins fan, I come in peace. Even I know Seguin is better hockey player then Krejci. Without going into detail there was stuff going on in the background that cause Tyler Seguin to be traded I wished it never happened but it is what it is.

We know he’s a better hockey player than Krejci. That’s not what we were discussing but thanks.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Therrien didnt do the kid any justice either, one of the first few times he put him at center in 13-14 I believe it was he matched up against Bergeron at home and that was nothing short of the "I wear da pants" meme moment. Then he pulled him away a few games later.
I remember that two game stint. Therrien played him ay center for two games. Bruins then Wings. He matched up against Berrgeron and Datzuik. ....:nod: Good call by the genius.

Chucky has to be accountable as well. But the luck on this kid. First season in NHL, eighteen years old....and Therrien is brought back from the bone yard to be his coach.

Last edited:

WG

Sep 9, 2008

"They're taking the hobbit to Avangard. They're taking the hobbit/they're taking the hobbit/to Avangard/to Avangard."

upload_2018-8-25_8-53-37.jpeg

Sorry. Couldn't be helped.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
When the hire is sincere its going to be. Its just PR and its sucks.

The fact that it is PR is misoginy at his best. "Oh were going to give a job to candidate Y because shes a woman and from quebec". Lol give me a break. Same as the Leafs hire, its BS.

If they had good intentions behind that theyd hire a female and they wouldnt announce it to the world, now they make it a show its just a huge joke.
Yes. PR move one hundred percent.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Prediction

Islanders are not as bad without JT as most think they will be (hockey news picked them for last)

Leafs will not do as well as EVERYONE says they will. (hockey news picked them for first)

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Prediction

Islanders are not as bad without JT as most are saying they will be (hockey news picked them for last)

Leafs will not do as well as EVERYONE says they will. (hockey news picked them for first)

I’m making a bold prediction. JT will NOT crack 70 points and Toronto will finish 3rd in the Atlantic.

Isles won’t make the playoffs though. Sucks to be in the Metro.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I’m making a bold prediction. JT will NOT crack 70 points and Toronto will finish 3rd in the Atlantic.

Isles won’t make the playoffs though. Sucks to be in the Metro.
Interesting.

Metro best division in league by a country mile.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I remember that two game stint. Therrien played him ay center for two games. Bruins then Wings. He matched up against Berrgeron and Datzuik. ....:nod: Good call by the genius.

Chucky has to be accountable as well. But the luck on this kid. First season in NHL, eighteen years old....and Therrien is brought back from the bone yard to be his coach.

May the Grindosaur remain forever gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad