Out of Town Thread: Pre-Pre-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
This is another post I can get behind. If you notice my posting pattern, I am actually quite respectful to people who post in kind but can bring the crazy with the best of them if people choose to do so. Think of me as the Simon Cowell of HFBoards lol.

I mean it's one thing to say that PK will choose one team over another because of money or chance at the Cup but another poster said that PK doesn't give a rats ass about Montreal and even his most ardent objectors know that's simply not true.

It's true if not for the Salary Cap I could see PK going to Toronto but that's also true of any Contender. It's a shame too because I think that PK would thrive on an offense heavy team like Toronto playing with Tavares and they in turn could use a player of his caliber on defense too.
Toronto maybe. One thing is pretty certain. PK is not on his last team. He will be dealt again.

Could see him in New York next.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
This is another post I can get behind. If you notice my posting pattern, I am actually quite respectful to people who post in kind but can bring the crazy with the best of them if people choose to do so. Think of me as the Simon Cowell of HFBoards lol.

I mean it's one thing to say that PK will choose one team over another because of money or chance at the Cup but another poster said that PK doesn't give a rats ass about Montreal and even his most ardent objectors know that's simply not true.

It's true if not for the Salary Cap I could see PK going to Toronto but that's also true of any Contender. It's a shame too because I think that PK would thrive on an offense heavy team like Toronto playing with Tavares and they in turn could use a player of his caliber on defense too.
There is no way PK would come back here with Bergevin still around.
I don't know how much beef he has towards Molson, but I don't think he has any with him.
Bergevin though, no way he'd sign anything with him.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Toronto maybe. One thing is pretty certain. PK is not on his last team. He will be dealt again.

Could see him in New York next.

That very well may be but by dealt do you mean he will be traded before his contract expires? Is it because you think he makes too much money? Why is it certain that PK will be traded but not Doughty or Hedman? Are Doughty and Hedman not on their last team either?

Josi will be up for a new contract in 2 years at which point he will most likely be making just as much money as PK. Which player would you rather keep PK or Josi? I think that most can agree that PK is on another level right now and it's not like there is a huge age difference to compensate either. He is only one year older.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
There is no proof as the details that come out are third hand from the media. I'm just going with what I recall was reported at the time.

They have a good track record on Subban though.

Do you remember the bridge contract negotiations?

The rumour was that Bergevin was offering an insulting 2year, 2.5 million a year offer. It was credibly reported. Sure enough, the Bergevin supporters denied it, they said that of course Bergevin would not offer so little. Well ...

Reactions: groovejuice

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
There is no way PK would come back here with Bergevin still around.
I don't know how much beef he has towards Molson, but I don't think he has any with him.
Bergevin though, no way he'd sign anything with him.

PK will be UFA in four years. If Bergevin is still GM of the Montreal Canadiens by then, God help us all!

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Asking for a second time incase anyone knows the answer... does anyone know where PK is currently training in the offseason? Is he in Nashville?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Asking for a second time incase anyone knows the answer... does anyone know where PK is currently training in the offseason? Is he in Nashville?
He might be in LA right now working with Fabrice Gautier, who trains athletes.
If you watch his IG stories, that bubble thing he does jumps and squats on I believe is from FG's clinic, located in LA.

Reactions: Bryson

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Depth and quality depth are two entirely different things.
You want to be deep in talent, not borderline 4th liners and bottom pairs. That's pretty pointless.
I think you've misunderstood. Have you ever taken a mud bath in a spa?

Now imagine instead of a spa, you're in a septic tank. And instead of mud, it's the collective feces of everyone you've ever loved. That's what Bergevin is all about. That's what I mean by depth.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I've seen what Subban posts of his off season training, some things I'm not fully fond off. I think he spends way too much time on the track.

Oh? Wouldn't the track translate to better on ice performance and VO2? Is it because of fast twitch vs slow twitch muscle fibers?

For a hockey athlete explosiveness is probably more important than muscle stamina. This is why you see players doing exercise like sled drag and box jumps. I think I saw a video of Galchenyuk Sled pulling awhile back and possibly PK as well.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I love watching training videos. I find it helps motivate me.

Back when PK was still a Hab.

PK talking about his brand. He's right, EVERYBODY has a brand. It all depends on how you want people to see you in life.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
They have a good track record on Subban though.

Do you remember the bridge contract negotiations?

The rumour was that Bergevin was offering an insulting 2year, 2.5 million a year offer. It was credibly reported. Sure enough, the Bergevin supporters denied it, they said that of course Bergevin would not offer so little. Well ...
I believe it.....3.7m$ for 3yrs May have been a better bridge if that’s the root he wanted to go.

The talent was there, everyone knew it, but maybe the Subban camp wanted to do a max 2yrs on the bridge (in regards to the bridge).....in the long run, it paid off for P.K, he’ll easily earn over 100m$ for his career in nhl salary

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Oh? Wouldn't the track translate to better on ice performance and VO2? Is it because of fast twitch vs slow twitch muscle fibers?

For a hockey athlete explosiveness is probably more important than muscle stamina. This is why you see players doing exercise like sled drag and box jumps. I think I saw a video of Galchenyuk Sled pulling awhile back and possibly PK as well.

Depends what you are doing. Sleds are great.
Track sprints too, although he doesn't actually have to run, I'd have him focus on ice sprints, I mean, his sport requires him to skate, so...skate, don't run. Once in a while to mix up is fine, long distances is fine too, but a lot of his hurdle stuff...I just wouldn't do.

Reactions: Peanut

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Depends what you are doing. Sleds are great.
Track sprints too, although he doesn't actually have to run, I'd have him focus on ice sprints, I mean, his sport requires him to skate, so...skate, don't run. Once in a while to mix up is fine, long distances is fine too, but a lot of his hurdle stuff...I just wouldn't do.

Oh I agree that skating would work out his functional muscles better mixed in with other stuff once in awhile but I'm curious how practical and how often do hockey players skate in the summer? I'm not particularly familiar with hockey players off season training regiment. Plus the summer is so short and players spend the entire seasons on the ice, I imagine training outdoors would be a welcome change of pace.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I believe it.....3.7m$ for 3yrs May have been a better bridge if that’s the root he wanted to go.

The talent was there, everyone knew it, but maybe the Subban camp wanted to do a max 2yrs on the bridge (in regards to the bridge).....in the long run, it paid off for P.K, he’ll easily earn over 100m$ for his career in nhl salary

Bergevin acknowledged at the time that he didn't know if Subban was a great player. He has since said that he "knows" that he wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad