Out of Town Thread Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Fans laughing at their franchise all summer was really cringy...we have been irrelevant for years but let's make fun of Carolina.

There was a time when being Habs fan allowed you to follow the adage that wolves don't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.

Now fans look to punch down. Boasts are about the Canes, the Leafs not being as good as they think they are (but still better than us) and Subban's trade value. It's penny-ante crap.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So he is on the 4th line? I was just trying to figure it out as I'm like how does a 4th liner end up 5th on the team in points.

Pleks, they ended up waiving him like a week later so we lost DLR for no good reason at all. Most will just say no big deal but he's 24, has good size, skating, speed and there would at least be hope he could improve some in time instead of just throwing him away for nothing when they could have just waived Pleks then instead of waiting a week or whatever it was. Poor planning there even if it amounts to nothing.

ÐLR was always a fine 4th liner. We had no business letting him go. Whether he sucks or succeeds everywhere else, it's not important. The thing is he was tall, good wingspan, and could have been an asset on a PK. Centering a 4th line? Fine player. Lost for nothing to replace him with nothing.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Fans laughing at their franchise all summer was really cringy...we have been irrelevant for years but let's make fun of Carolina.

Along with the flaming war between Nucks and Habs fans during the Sundin dilemma, where at least both fanbases looked stupid, what happened last summer with the Canes the most embarassing thing I can remember this forum doing. And the people here were the only ones embarassing themselves.

Reactions: the

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Oh.. Jim Hughson apologizing for his comments about the Auston Matthews legal situation just now on air? I guess the Leafs and Rogers didn't approve of his comments and made him apologize.

What did he even say anyway?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ohhh Man Linesman Michel Cormier gonna have a concussion for sure. He went to pivot caught an edge hit his head against the boards and then the ice. :ha:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Oh.. Jim Hughson apologizing for his comments about the Auston Matthews legal situation just now on air? I guess the Leafs and Rogers didn't approve of his comments and made him apologize.

What did he even say anyway?

It was more awful for the woman as he said "that's how you put the little problem behind you".....as if it wasn't that big of a deal anyway....disrespectful to the woman. Nothing towards Matthews.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Honest question.. Other than his lethal shot what else is Matthews really that great at? The guy really isn't very engaged and seems to avoid contact at all costs most games and pretty much stands around waiting for someone to feed him the puck for a shot..

Ray Ferraro once called Matthews 1B compared to McDavid but sorry I just don't see it.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Honest question.. Other than his lethal shot what else is Matthews really that great at? The guy really isn't very engaged and seems to avoid contact at all costs most games and pretty much stands around waiting for someone to feed him the puck for a shot..

Ray Ferraro once called Matthews 1B compared to McDavid but sorry I just don't see it.

As much as I hate how the Canadian sports media pump his tires as (imo) he doesn't belong in the same sentence as McDavid...That being said, he's big , can deke,pass,score. He just turned 22 and he put up over 200 points through his first 200 NHL games (while still being only 21). If Habs had a player of his calibre we would be beyond ecstatic. People can talk about his salary but we are paying nearly the same cap hit for a goalie until he is 38.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
A rookie playing ahead of Domi and PD would have been asinine,no? What did he do that merited such usage?
3rd overall pick is what. If you are investing in the draft as MB has said many times, then give the kids a shot. They will make mistakes, they will likely also learn from those mistakes. If those poor vets pride is so great that they can't let a young TALENTED kid play in front of them, then need to learn something about life. I don't even know why PD is playing ahead of our 2nd year(not rookie) 3rd overall pick centre, nevermind playing ahead of domi. What has PD done to be our #1 center? He has Kharakter, but does not really have raw talent. Drouin has more talent than PD...but there are some other issues with that guy as well.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Leafs will likely make a trade.

I didn't watch the game, but the leafs are about to blow another game in which they led. Can't allow that with Hutchinson.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Jackets just moved ahead of the habs with that win. Fleyrs and NYR have 2 and 3 games in hand and are only 1 and 2 points back. Habs are only ahead of Sens and Devils if things go well for rags and flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad