Out of Town Thread Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Loafs lose to Caps. :thumbu:

Babcock is being rather cowardly with his goaltending choices. Rather than use Andersen in the tougher matchup against Washington, he used him against Minnesota & put Hutchinson in against Caps.

Toronto could probably beat Minnesota without the need for great goaltending, while they would need Andersen against a team like the Caps.

The end result is Toronto is winning easily against lower end teams and losing to elite teams.

He's done that at least twice already. It's pretty normal to play the backup against weaker teams & the starter against elites. He seems to have reversed that & it's pissing off a lot of Leaf fans.

Anyway, Toronto is 4-3-1. Have lost 3 of 5 and have Boston on Saturday. It's been a middling start from them.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He seems to be a real a**, is it true that he benched Modano when his 1500th game came up so he ended his career with 1499 games?

Yup. Last game of the season. Modano needed 1 game to hit 1500 and Babcock didn't dress him, because that 12th forward is so important. Could've dressed him and given him 5 minutes and allowed the crowd to acknowledge it.

Probably thought it would be a distraction or something.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
It was news to me. I don't frequent their board very often.
I'm not sure theirs a fanbase in the league that actually likes their coach for more than a year. Everyone thinks they can do better.

Babcock is basically the same as Julien to be honest. Just that he has more to work with so he looks better

Reactions: the

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lul at the leafs board.

Always good for a laff to just lerk and read.

Babs is the new Enemy #1

They have been irrelevant for decades and now that they have a good team, the pressure to win is there. If this core does not go on a deep playoff run in the coming years, it's going to be a mess to clean up! No cap space to work with either cause any inflation goes to Rielly and Andersen.

Traded away lots of futures lately too.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The Habs suck way more, everyone, so please refrain from pointing and laughing at one of Montreal’s century old rivals, the Maple Leafs.
One has nothing to do with the other. The Leafs remain an overly entitled franchise and many of their fans remain chronically starved for attention -- the Habs being good or bad at the moment doesn't change that.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
The Habs suck way more, everyone, so please refrain from pointing and laughing at one of Montreal’s century old rivals, the Maple Leafs.

I am well aware we are FAR worse then they are... its just fun to watch a melt down after a loss was my only point.

If it was us in the exact same situation... we would be calling for the same stuff.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I am well aware we are FAR worse then they are... its just fun to watch a melt down after a loss was my only point.

If it was us in the exact same situation... we would be calling for the same stuff.

Agreed. Both our fan bases are passionate and fall into daily trends very easily. Look at us....

- Comeback win against the Leafs: We are good
- Loose to the Wings: We suck
- Win against the Blues on a Saturday night: We are good again.. life is good
- Loose a frustrating game to the Lightning: We suck again... Trade and rebuild

The only difference between the Leafs and Habs is they have more pressure to win cause they are cup contenders and we are in the middle of the pack somewhere.

Reactions: angusyoung

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
They should be better than last year IMO. Remember when they were 2nd in the Atlantic? Mid way point of November of last year, they were 3rd OA in the NHL and then fell flat on their face.
Yeah, I remember. Hopefully their team does too. It would be nice to see the Sabres learn their lesson and become relevant again.

And just like I predicted, Buffalo and Edmonton are leading the league! (said zero experts or fans)

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
One has nothing to do with the other. The Leafs remain an overly entitled franchise and many of their fans remain chronically starved for attention -- the Habs being good or bad at the moment doesn't change that.
Thats the thing though... every flaw that the Maple leafs have or had, this team has. Weve basically reverted back to being the Leafs with our moral victories and the Leafs are now the Habs. Do you remember how petty the Leafs fans were from the 00s to like 2015? I do. Wasnt pretty.

Now the roles are reversed and the Habs fans are the petty one.

Its a losers mentality and its cringe worthy.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah, I remember. Hopefully their team does too. It would be nice to see the Sabres learn their lesson and become relevant again.

And just like I predicted, Buffalo and Edmonton are leading the league! (said zero experts or fans)

Yeah, I find if funny how fans think the standings will result in what they see on paper and popularity heading into the season. Every season is different with some surprises and some disappointments.

We are talking a difference of 2 wins a month from last to missing the playoffs. Competition it tough! Look at our game against Tampa... I wonder how that game would of went if we didn't let a goal in with 7 seconds left in the 1st! Or if we made the playoffs last year when we were beating the Canes down the stretch (head to head game) in the 3rd period and they scored late to tie it on a shitty goal!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Agreed. Both our fan bases are passionate and fall into daily trends very easily. Look at us....

- Comeback win against the Leafs: We are good
- Loose to the Wings: We suck
- Win against the Blues on a Saturday night: We are good again.. life is good
- Loose a frustrating game to the Lightning: We suck again... Trade and rebuild

The only difference between the Leafs and Habs is they have more pressure to win cause they are cup contenders and we are in the middle of the pack somewhere.
Replace "Passionate" with "Emotionally volatile". Our fans bases are wayyyyy too invested in our teams... like some kind of weird psychological projection that has us referring to temp employees wearing a jersey as "Us" and "We". Kinda' sad if you think about it. Best not to.

For better and (mostly) worse the two fan bases are the same, however our teams aren't. Toronto, through multiple failures and a little luck, acquired a degree of elite talent Montreal hasn't seen in ages. Luckily, for all their talent, the Leafs have gotten nowhere so far, but this is their big shot for as long as Matthews and Marner remain on their team. The Leafs will remain hockey's version of the Kardashians until their stars leave or their team becomes the next Oilers. Heaven help us all.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Replace "Passionate" with "Emotionally volatile". Our fans bases are wayyyyy too invested in our teams... like some kind of weird psychological projection that has us referring to temp employees wearing a jersey as "Us" and "We". Kinda' sad if you think about it. Best not to.

For better and (mostly) worse the two fan bases are the same, however our teams aren't. Toronto, through multiple failures and a little luck, acquired a degree of elite talent Montreal hasn't seen in ages. Luckily, for all their talent, the Leafs have gotten nowhere so far, but this is their big shot for as long as Matthews and Marner remain on their team. The Leafs will remain hockey's version of the Kardashians until their stars leave or their team becomes the next Oilers. Heaven help us all.

Emotionally volatile is accurate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad