Out of Town Thread Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Just like the year when Boston Picked Pastrnak and we picked Scherbak.....ahhhhh........it’s only one slot down.

I remember wanting Doan.....and of course Winnipeg snatched him the pick before our own.....and well, it was just one a slot back.....but we got........well, we all know who we got.

Every slot number counts.....Columbus losing is better for us then them moving on

Iginla was available... Serge Savard picked Ryan..........

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
I just think essentially wiping out an entire year of draft picks ( I believe they only have 2 picks this year), when there's a salary cap and young players are making more of an impact, at a younger age.

It was a massive gamble, and IMO, it backfired and had little chance of working out.
It was an aggressive attempt to make the most of their current roster, knowing that the Russians were probably moving on. It could create a hole in their prospect pool for awhile. If Duchene leaves, it's just one first rounder. I still see a lot of good players there Jones, Werenski, Anderson, Dubois, a nice core going forward.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Panarin has Floridaitis. It's an affliction that capriciously demands the exposure to warm weather year round.

Can't see him signing with Columbus, he wouldn't even commit when offered free dental services for life. :D
Or free vodka......and he’s Russkie!!!!

Reactions: Runner77

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Just like the year when Boston Picked Pastrnak and we picked Scherbak.....ahhhhh........it’s only one slot down.

I remember wanting Doan.....and of course Winnipeg snatched him the pick before our own.....and well, it was just one a slot back.....but we got........well, we all know who we got.

Every slot number counts.....Columbus losing is better for us then them moving on

Man, what a swing and a miss that was.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Reminds me of this.....

elvis-andrus.gif

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It was an aggressive attempt to make the most of their current roster, knowing that the Russians were probably moving on. It could create a hole in their prospect pool for awhile. If Duchene leaves, it's just one first rounder. I still see a lot of good players there Jones, Werenski, Anderson, Dubois, a nice core going forward.
I don't know...I'm more of the school of thought where I think...

If you felt you needed to add all those pieces to make the playoffs and advance far...

You probably never had a team good enough to get there in the first place.

They still have a lot of good pieces but the lack of picks will cause ripple effects down the line.

Only time will tell if it was all worth it.

I didn't think it was worth it after they made all their moves, my opinion didnt budge when they qualified for the playoffs and not even whe they beat the Bolts.

It's all good assembling the best team possible to head into the playoffs.

But playoffs, like it or not, is a lot of about matchups, momentum and a healthy dose of luck.

All things that don't require stripping your team of draft picks.

Reactions: Redux91 and Chili

Jul 6, 2016

What miss ? Pasta was not available anymore. Scherbak was a "safe" pick back then. Not many players drafted after him in the 1st round or second round became all-star either.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
I don't know...I'm more of the school of thought where I think...

If you felt you needed to add all those pieces to make the playoffs and advance far...

You probably never had a team good enough to get there in the first place.

They still have a lot of good pieces but the lack of picks will cause ripple effects down the line.

Only time will tell if it was all worth it.

I didn't think it was worth it after they made all their moves, my opinion didnt budge when they qualified for the playoffs and not even whe they beat the Bolts.

It's all good assembling the best team possible to head into the playoffs.

But playoffs, like it or not, is a lot of about matchups, momentum and a healthy dose of luck.

All things that don't require stripping your team of draft picks.
Today, it doesn't look like it was worth it. The run may have created a buzz in the market.

If I was a fan of the team , I would have faith in Jarmo. I remember him as a scout with the Sens. It seemed like each draft during his time there that the Sens were finding good European players that he probably had a hand in finding.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Today, it doesn't look like it was worth it. The run may have created a buzz in the market.

If I was a fan of the team , I would have faith in Jarmo. I remember him as a scout with the Sens. It seemed like each draft during his time there that the Sens were finding good European players that he probably had a hand in finding.
He's a great GM....just not convinced he was the one who wanted to play all those chips, it's a tough position.

Just goes to show how minute the margins are.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's a great GM....just not convinced he was the one who wanted to play all those chips, it's a tough position.

Just goes to show how minute the margins are.

That's an excellent point. Jarmo always struck me as the conservative type. This looks like an ownership call.

Reactions: 417

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
That’s an unfortunate revelation regarding a Stars win, but I’ll be pulling for them anyway.

Sharks/Avalanche (hoping for Sharks) vs Stars would be a great series.

Jul 6, 2016
There was lots of complains about the 5 minutes penalty given to Eakin in the Vegas-San Jose decisive game...... Pavelski just lost 6 games with the injury that occurred on that play !

Anyway. Who has ever seen a team allowing 4 goals during a 5 minute penalty before ?

Jul 6, 2016
That’s an unfortunate revelation regarding a Stars win, but I’ll be pulling for them anyway.

Sharks/Avalanche (hoping for Sharks) vs Stars would be a great series.

I am hoping to see a St-Louis vs San Jose series. At least one of them will have the opportunity to win its first ever Stanley Cup.

Dallas, Colorado (if they win) + Carolina or Boston have all won a Cup in the last 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad