Out of Town Thread Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So it's a bunch of assholes vs a bunch of jerks in the Eastern Conference Finals. After cheering for the Bruins for 2 rounds, we can finally go back to cheering against them.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
They didn't tank? What do you think they did to get those three 1st round picks in one year? They just managed to only suck for 3 years instead of the 5 we are heading to. They picked a direction and gutted the team. They in fact did SOMETHING. We have not. Just because they traded a few away in june and october doesn't mean it wasn't a tank job for the next season. A lot smarter than letting your FA walk for nothing.

Bruins missed the playoffs 2 years at that time.

96 points, most to ever miss, missed by 2 points
93 points, missed on a tiebreaker

thats not tanking, and the team was not gutted.

As others mentioned, the extra 2 1sts came from Lucic. 1 in the deal itself and the other from flipping Jones.

Trading Lucic wasnt a tank job or gutting. They simply traded away an asset they didnt intend to resign. An asset that was not part of the core.

Tanking/gutting would've been moving on from Bergeron/Marchand/Krejci/Chara

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Bruins didn't gut their team. They traded a FA with 1 year left on his contract for a 1st and Jones, then traded Jones for a 1st and Kuraly. They traded Hamilton because he didn't fit in/they didn't like him.

Well, you are when you're stating right after we don't have a replacement for him, yet.

Trading Petry would be like those suggesting we trade Shaw and Byron. The potential replacement in ufa is Myers, who might not cost much more and Petry would actually bring in a solid asset. However, if Myers costs too much more, then you're already limiting your team and it's starting to look like bad asset movement.

Petry for a 1st and prospect, or another pick.

1st and prospects for a LHD.

Sign Myers for no more than 6.5 and no longer than 5 years.

I'm fully on board with that.

Then likely trade the extra 1st to rid ourselves of Alzner.

End result, we have pretty much the same team with around 3 mill extra in capspace in a year where the ufa class is rather strong at this point.

Myers is long, but not too long. Could easily be traded in 2-3 years assuming he doesn't regress hard.

Not having a replacement for him yet should not be an issue. Bruins did not have any replacement for Hamilton. Bruins did not have any replacements for anything in the NHL. They missed the playoffs twice after selling some of their core. They are where they are because kids developed after. We don't trust our kids and we act when it's too late. MB did the right thing by trading Patch last summer. I'm very curious to see if he'll stay on course this summer.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Care to explain why they haven't done the same with Senyshyn, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Lauzon, Frédéric, Lindgren, Vaakanainen, Studnicka and Andersson. It's almost as if Pastrnak and McAvoy are excellent young players that forced themselves into the lineup.

Come on you can do better than that. Did i suggest we should ice Jake Evans? Nah i did not. But seriously Debrusk is not a blue chip prospect. Neither is Carlo.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Come on you can do better than that. Did i suggest we should ice Jake Evans? Nah i did not. But seriously Debrusk is not a blue chip prospect. Neither is Carlo.
Better then what? Who of Pastrnaks', McAvoys' or Debrusks' quality are we holding back by not giving him a chance to play? If the answer is no one then what you criticism was aimed at, exactly?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Bruins missed the playoffs 2 years at that time.

96 points, most to ever miss, missed by 2 points
93 points, missed on a tiebreaker

thats not tanking, and the team was not gutted.

As others mentioned, the extra 2 1sts came from Lucic. 1 in the deal itself and the other from flipping Jones.

Trading Lucic wasnt a tank job or gutting. They simply traded away an asset they didnt intend to resign. An asset that was not part of the core.

Tanking/gutting would've been moving on from Bergeron/Marchand/Krejci/Chara

Nobody is suggesting we should tank either. I see very few posters suggesting we should trade Weber, Price or even Gallagher. But for the love of god if we just suggest we should have traded Byron instead of signing him or trade Petry now to get some young/picks to help turn the team around it's like would be suggesting to sell our soul to the devil. Are you saying Byron is more important to us than Lucic was to the Bruins or Petry is more important than Hamilton was?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Better then what? Who of Pastrnaks', McAvoys' or Debrusks' quality are we holding back by not giving him a chance to play? If the answer is no one then what you criticism was aimed at, exactly?

Better than assuming i think Paternak, McAvoy, Carlo or Debrusk are not good player and AHLers could do as good as them. The whole point of my first post was to say the Bruins sold part of their core to get picks and iced young players. That's a thing we never ever do outside of trading Patch last summer. Let's agree to disagree and move on.

Last edited:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
So it's a bunch of *******s vs a bunch of jerks in the Eastern Conference Finals. After cheering for the Bruins for 2 rounds, we can finally go back to cheering against them.

Not this guy. Count me on the same side of Grapes. Their celebrations were completely idiotic and cringeworthy. And f*** Brind'Amour and Williams. I still remember 2006.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Nobody is suggesting we should tank either. I see very few posters suggesting we should trade Weber, Price or even Gallagher. But for the love of god if we just suggest we should have traded Byron instead of signing him or trade Petry now to get some young/picks to help turn the team around it's like would be suggesting to sell our soul to the devil. Are you saying Byron is more important to us than Lucic was to the Bruins or Petry is more important than Hamilton was?

If I remember correctly, the Bruins didn't want to trade Hamilton. It was Hamilton that requested a trade. @BigBadBruins7708 if you're still online. Can you confirm this or deny this?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
If you've ever read Blues fans on the Rumors board, they're right after Laffs fans as the most annoying.

GO :stars

GO RADU!!!
Never have, never will. I don't bother with fans opinion. I just like the Blues, always have since their beginning. Don't care about ex-Habs either.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Never have, never will. I don't bother with fans opinion. I just like the Blues, always have since their beginning. Don't care about ex-Habs either.

Makes the world go round.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
True. Some of those Blues fans are very difficult to talk to.

They were relentless last year when a couple of fans made boneheaded fake trades that heavily favored the Habs and they decided that these few fans represented the whole fan base. I remember one Blues fan who was trying to school me about Quebec sports media by googling shit like he was some expert. :laugh:

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They were relentless last year when a couple of fans made boneheaded fake trades that heavily favored the Habs and they decided that these few fans represented the whole fan base. I remember one Blues fan who was trying to school me about Quebec sports media by googling **** like he was some expert. :laugh:

It was probably that guy with "colt" in his name? That guy is annoying.

Reactions: Runner77

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
What seperates the Bruins and Habs is one pick. They got Pasta we got Scherbak. Someone in the org shoudl of pushed to trade up and get ahead of the Bruins on that one.

Just imagine if the Bruins had Scherbak instead of Pasta in their line up and the habs had Pasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad