Out of Town Thread Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Good for Boston. None of that "we need to tank to be competitive" mentality. Just good drafting and development, we should be taking notes.

Reactions: Tyson and the

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Good for Boston. None of that "we need to tank to be competitive" mentality. Just good drafting and development, we should be taking notes.
They did have some high picks (Kessell, Seguin, Hamilton, way back Jumbo) but they were dealt without much to show in return (Debrusk?).

They really play for each other, with great leadership on the ice (Chara, Bergeron, Marchand, Krecji, Rask).

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Don Cherry is gonna be cheering for the bruins so much because..bruins and because he just hates the jerks.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
They didn't tank? What do you think they did to get those three 1st round picks in one year? They just managed to only suck for 3 years instead of the 5 we are heading to. They picked a direction and gutted the team. They in fact did SOMETHING. We have not. Just because they traded a few away in june and october doesn't mean it wasn't a tank job for the next season. A lot smarter than letting your FA walk for nothing.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
If Carolina somehow beats the Bruins will Don Cherry wear a Bunch of Jerks tshirt when they go to down there for the finals?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
They didn't tank? What do you think they did to get those three 1st round picks in one year? They just managed to only suck for 3 years instead of the 5 we are heading to. They picked a direction and gutted the team. They in fact did SOMETHING. We have not. Just because they traded a few away in nune doesn't mean it wasn't a tank job for the next season. A lot smarter than letting your FA walk for nothing.
Sweeney took a lot of flak for that summer. A lot. And while moving on from Lucic was a brilliant move getting Senyshyn for Hamilton really wasnt.

Anyways, 2015 didn't make the Bruins the team they are. Hitting a homerun with Pastrnak and McAvoy in 2014 and 2016 and the remnants of the 2011 championship team (Chara, Rask, Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci) make the team what they are.

For reference in 2015-16 the bruins missed the playoffs with 93 points, picking 14th overall (McAvoy)
Imagine what great scouting and development could do with our 15th OA pick...

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
They didn't tank? What do you think they did to get those three 1st round picks in one year? They just managed to only suck for 3 years instead of the 5 we are heading to. They picked a direction and gutted the team. They in fact did SOMETHING. We have not.

What they did was draft well. Pasta @ 25, McAvoy @ 14. Krug undrafted, Carlo second round. Gut the team? They basically have the same core minus Thomas that won the Cup. They have actually been trying to win the past few years , see Backes, Belesky and Nash deals.

We have sucked because we our amateur scouting blows. And when MB had a solid core he was too chickenshit to give up some futures to make a run.

Reactions: bsl

Sword

May 26, 2014
I didn't hate the Bruins until I remembered Brad ''The Rat'' Marchand is on their team.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I don’t hate Boston, I’m jealous of them and I wish we had the same success as them.

They are really good and they deserve to win the Stanley Cup this season.
I don't hate the Bruins either. I'm just more pleased to see the wealth divided equally, to see new teams win it rather than teams winning twice in a decade or a little more. 2011 and 2006 aren't that long ago. I'd like to see SJS or STL win it.

Reactions: Chili and the

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Krejci is underrated by pretty much everyone. Bruins fans included.

They also got a homerun of sorts with Carlo. This is also with "f***ing up" 3 consecutive picks. DeBrusk has played well and looks like a good pick, but there were better players available there.

The Bruins don't seem like they would be a good team, but they just win. There's no panic to their game. They're down in the game, or serious they play the same way.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I don't hate the Bruins either. I'm just more pleased to see the wealth divided equally, to see new teams win it rather than teams winning twice in a decade or a little more. 2011 and 2006 aren't that long ago. I'd like to see SJS or STL win it.

I agree, I also hope that we get a new Stanley Cup champion but it will be hard for Boston to lose at this point.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
They didn't tank? What do you think they did to get those three 1st round picks in one year? They just managed to only suck for 3 years instead of the 5 we are heading to. They picked a direction and gutted the team. They in fact did SOMETHING. We have not. Just because they traded a few away in june and october doesn't mean it wasn't a tank job for the next season. A lot smarter than letting your FA walk for nothing.
Isnt proper tanking supposed to result in a top 10 pick? I mean they just missed the playoffs for two straight years, so no they didnt tank. They got assets for Lucic(just like how we did for Patches) and traded Hamilton.

They never tanked. They were stuck in mediocrity, just like how we are right now. NONE of their top players are top 10 picks. Their drafting and development has been successful, which isnt the case with us.

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Brent Burns is an animal on skates. Like a big, powerful, fast, skilled, ugly animal on skates.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh crap, now I have to listen to Mathieu Darche mangling about his new job with the Bolts.

Smart guy who belongs in some office but not on TV.

Sezunee opportchunitez que s'pouvait paszmanquer.

Good luck, Mathieu. So happy you're no longer on AC.

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille