Out of Town Thread Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
yeah man sorry on this one , but bruins can go **** off , we gonna hear about that cup for the next 10 years if they ever win it.

SJ belong where they are , they got robbed game 2 against Vegas nobody is talking about it , series would have been over for the sharks game 6.
Vegas threw on a 5v4 during second OT.

They deserved to lose. SJ is not to blame , refs are. I still find it funny that people think Refs are sided with a team lmao.

Pavelski was seriously injured. He missed 6 games in the series vs the Avs. The 5 minute penalty was well deserved.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
It's unbelievable in this day and age and all kinds of camera angles available, you can still win a game cause just like wrestling refs who wear similar garb, NHL refs didn't "see" something at a critical juncture. Four zebras on the ice and they still can't see it.
Officiating was better when we had 3 refs and no video replay. I guess each of the refs expects someone else to do their job.

Reactions: Runner77

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Pavelski was seriously injured. He missed 6 games in the series vs the Avs. The 5 minute penalty was well deserved.

I don't think it was. But that was certainly a 2 minutes absolutely no doubt in my mind. 100% useless crosscheck. Those should always be a 2 min i hated them as an amateur player and i hate them as a fan. I don't mind crosscheck in the corners and in front of the nets but when it's done for no reason in the middle of the ice just to bother the other player it should always be called. Also calling an additional 2 min for high stick to the player who hit him would not have been that bad. I watched the replay a couple of time and he does not hit him with his stick but it's very close and the ref can't watch the replay. So two 2 minutes would have been fine. But the 5 minutes was BS. This said if you allow 4 goals in a 5 minutes penalty you kind of deserve to lose. At least don't blame the refs after the game for the loss. You can say they did a piss poor job but the loss is all on you imo.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

As much as I really don't care about the call or buy into this conspiracy thing, the call was not deserved
At most it was a 2 minute penalty
You cannot make a call based on what happens to a guy or how he falls afterwards.

And like LaP mentions above, yes the call is the call but how the hell do you give up 4 goals on the pp if you're Vegas
It's a bad call but they shouldn't have lost that game regardless of the call

Refs will always make mistakes, that will never ever change in any sport. But now, it's up to the league to take matters into their own hands and help them out with reviews and other technology that we have in 2019 to simply GET IT RIGHT!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Go look at the players they are compared to. The ages are close and this is all that matters IMO. I'm not going to argue about Kotkaniemi, Mete, Juulsen not being prospects when they either are under 20 or have not played a full NHL season yet.

The point is to evaluate the youth and the prospects in a range of age. It's a fair way to evaluate the youth between the Rangers and Habs.

That's fine. It's just not a prospect pool comparison then as those have strict cut offs and have a standard: Sabres prospect pool doesn't include Dahlin, Devils doesn't include Hirshier, and Oilers doesn't include McDavid, etc.

Is it fair to evaluate the youth while pretending Rangers aren't about to get Kakko?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's fine. It's just not a prospect pool comparison then as those have strict cut offs and have a standard: Sabres prospect pool doesn't include Dahlin, Devils doesn't include Hirshier, and Oilers doesn't include McDavid, etc.

Is it fair to evaluate the youth while pretending Rangers aren't about to get Kakko?

There were comments made on the Rangers getting the clear edge after the next draft. They have 9 picks and we have 10 but their top 100 trumps ours in terms of position of draft picks.

As far as your McDavid comparison, it don't fit in the Rangers vs Habs breakdown. Kotkaniemi is not McDavid. The player for player breakdown between the Rangers and Habs was very fair to both sides. Not one Ranger fan was appose to it when I had discussions with them on it and showed them the same thing you replied to

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As much as I really don't care about the call or buy into this conspiracy thing, the call was not deserved
At most it was a 2 minute penalty
You cannot make a call based on what happens to a guy or how he falls afterwards.

And like LaP mentions above, yes the call is the call but how the hell do you give up 4 goals on the pp if you're Vegas
It's a bad call but they shouldn't have lost that game regardless of the call

Refs will always make mistakes, that will never ever change in any sport. But now, it's up to the league to take matters into their own hands and help them out with reviews and other technology that we have in 2019 to simply GET IT RIGHT!

Momentum in the playoffs is a huge factor and the excessive call the Refs made changed the momentum. Yes, Vegas sucked on the PP but never underestimate momentum and the extra energy the Sharks got while Vegas got the seed of doubt planted in their minds.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
There were comments made on the Rangers getting the clear edge after the next draft. They have 9 picks and we have 10 but their top 100 trumps ours in terms of position of draft picks.

As far as your McDavid comparison, it don't fit in the Rangers vs Habs breakdown. Kotkaniemi is not McDavid. The player for player breakdown between the Rangers and Habs was very fair to both sides. Not one Ranger fan was appose to it when I had discussions with them on it and showed them the same thing you replied to

Point was you weren't really comparing prospect pools. That's fine, you went by age. Those other mentions was just me being curious whether you'd consider him or Eichel/Dahlin when comparing 'prospects' with the Oilers/Sabres/etc.

Do agree with comments that Rangers have clear edge in a month knowing Rangers have #2 overall pick?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Point was you weren't really comparing prospect pools. That's fine, you went by age. Those other mentions was just me being curious whether you'd consider him or Eichel/Dahlin when comparing 'prospects' with the Oilers/Sabres/etc.

Do agree with comments that Rangers have clear edge in a month knowing Rangers have #2 overall pick?

I still consider Kotkaniemi, Mete, and Juulsen prospects but on the cusp of graduation. But I think this is a side debate here and the point is about comparing youth, not cutting off players at age 18 cause they made the NHL and including a player who is 21 cause they didn't. That does not have any value in terms of evaluating who has the better youth at the age of 21/22 or under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad