Out of Town Thread - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Tampa, Preds, Jets should all be chasing Stone. He's a great hockey player.

I'm not sure Tampa is in the market....why would they give up assets at this point. Things are going so well for them, why change any of it and they also have no 1st or 2nd round pick this year already. They might add some depth in case of injury but i don't see any of their players going down the line-up or out of it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Being a higher pick then Hudon doesn't mean anything. We just signed Roy to a PTO, he was a 2nd round pick of the Oilers but has been mostly an ECHLer. I don't know Frk but where would he play?

Of course being a higher pick doesn't always reflect future value, a player has to go out and do it. It's just to show that at one point, the player was sufficiently highly thought about, is all.

We've just gone through a week of self-serving verbal diarrhea from Louis Leblanc who was a first round pick and who aliens, the illuminati or slender reptilians may have prevented him from succeeding since he has no idea why he faltered, so yeah, I'm pretty convinced that draft rank is not a be-all and end-all. Frk could be fit in Laval, it's not as if it's a super deep roster, no?

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
As someone who lives in Toronto I can’t tell you there is a huge difference between leaf fans in general and leaf fans on HF. Generally a very big difference.
Here, twitter, bell center, work...I don't see much difference...maybe the more casual fans are OK haha

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Here, twitter, bell center, work...I don't see much difference...maybe the more casual fans are OK haha
Nah. I talk to friends, coworkers, family, neighbors etc about hockey plenty, the majority of them are leaf fans and they’re immeasurably more reasonable than they are here. Maybe it’s an anonymity of the Internet thing, but I notice a major difference.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
As someone who lives in Toronto I can’t tell you there is a huge difference between leaf fans in general and leaf fans on HF. Generally a very big difference.
For sure, HF boards is the best example of fanaticism. I think deep down we're all a little jealous of the Leafs 'cause they have some good players this year, and have a chance, albeit small, at the Cup. Put yourselves in their place, and we'd all be a little arrogant, and they've been Cupless a lot longer.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

That's good to know. I think the same can be said about a lot of the virtual stuff that happens here is never replicated in the real world.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
For sure, HF boards is the best example of fanaticism. I think deep down we're all a little jealous of the Leafs 'cause they have some good players this year, and have a chance, albeit small, at the Cup. Put yourselves in their place, and we'd all be a little arrogant, and they've been Cupless a lot longer.

No doubt theres jealousy. The Leafs have the team I've hoped for for two decades now.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
That's good to know. I think the same can be said about a lot of the virtual stuff that happens here is never replicated in the real world.

Well yes, agree. Go to the trade board. I am guessing in real life 2 random strangers would not start calling each other out over a trade proposal within a few sentences. Like alcohol, the net allows for uncivil behaviour to emerge.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Maybe Lakeshore hospital offers internet therapies
That’s probably the 2nd most notorious mental health facility in the city.

The most famous was always at 999 Queen st which literally had its address changed to 1001 because people made fun of how it would sound hearing a mental health patient saying “999”.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Oilers are so bad, so badly assembled. Chiarelli did a number on that franchise but let’s face it....they have been mismanaged for a good 12 years

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

That can be said about any city, I think.

HF brings out the fanatics.

Reactions: koyvoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad