Out of Town Thread - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wiese cleared because he has a 2.35M cap hit next year, Frk seems pointless here, would rather have Weise, or even DLO and I am not a fan of DLO.

What about Frk's shot and his past success with Ducharme? He was a higher pick than Hudon, wondering why he's stalling. Wouldn't you rather have Frk than some of that deadwood in Laval? Could be a project, he still owns that heavy shot.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Wiese cleared because he has a 2.35M cap hit next year, Frk seems pointless here, would rather have Weise, or even DLO and I am not a fan of DLO.

If we learned a lesson ,most everyone here thought Weise was totally useless when he showed up from Vancouver ..right?....nothing showing he was special...

Frk...ya never know.....he has seemed to show up come playoff time in his career more then not....Never given the opportunity in NHL (playoffs)yet....

Playoff runs...
17 games ..33 pts-Halifax Jr
14 games 13 pts Echl
16 games 15 pts Ahl
4 games ..4 points Ahl

...Ducharme knows the book on him...if he thinks he's a good(character /attitude') i would imagine he'll put in a good word...

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What about Frk's shot and his past success with Ducharme? He was a higher pick than Hudon, wondering why he's stalling. Wouldn't you rather have Frk than some of that deadwood in Laval? Could be a project, he still owns that heavy shot.

Being a higher pick then Hudon doesn't mean anything. We just signed Roy to a PTO, he was a 2nd round pick of the Oilers but has been mostly an ECHLer. I don't know Frk but where would he play?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
What about Frk's shot and his past success with Ducharme? He was a higher pick than Hudon, wondering why he's stalling. Wouldn't you rather have Frk than some of that deadwood in Laval? Could be a project, he still owns that heavy shot.[/QUOTE]

yup...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How does that Nichuskin kid not have one single goal yet this year? Him going back to the KHL for 2 years really messed up his development

Last edited:

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
4-0 Tampa in the 1st. Good luck Atlantic division and the rest of the NHL having to deal with this Tampa core and team for the next few years.
Hopefully it'll mean an arms race in the East and we'll actually spend to the cap and grab a couple bigs guys in the coming years. Be similar to the Pacific was for a lot of years with the Cali teams being so good.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
If no one offersheets Kapanen this offseason, there'll never be one offered ever again. Perfect opportunity to get a great young player.

Reactions: holy

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
How does that Nichuskin kid not have one single goal yet this year? Him going back to the KHL for 2 years really messed up husband development

hmmmmm

4-0 Tampa in the 1st. Good luck Atlantic division and the rest of the NHL having to deal with this Tampa core and team for the next few years.

Kucherov will soon have 100 points. 4 points tonight = 92 so far, crazy stuff. He might get 120+

Reactions: Andrei79

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

They're a great team, but far from easily making it to the finals
The Bruins, Leafs, Caps and Pens can beat them in a 7 game series IMO
Will be fun to watch these playoffs

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Man i have hoped forever to have a team like Toronto has atm !! Offense is crazy good. Don’t take penalties against them or you pay !!

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
They're a great team, but far from easily making it to the finals
The Bruins, Leafs, Caps and Pens can beat them in a 7 game series IMO
Will be fun to watch these playoffs

I don’t know about that. Marner is the leading scorer on the Leafs with 69 points, which would be good for 3rd place on the Lightning (tied with Stamkos). Add the fact that Tampa has Hedman and McDonagh who are both better than any Leafs defender and Vasilevsky who is better than Andersen. Plus Tampa has some grit that the Leafs don’t in Paquette, Erne, Killorn, Coburn, Girardi.

Tampa is scary good.

Reactions: sheed36

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don’t know about that. Marner is the leading scorer on the Leafs with 69 points, which would be good for 3rd place on the Lightning (tied with Stamkos). Add the fact that Tampa has Hedman and McDonagh who are both better than any Leafs defender and Vasilevsky who is better than Andersen. Plus Tampa has some grit that the Leafs don’t in Paquette, Erne, Killorn, Coburn, Girardi.

Tampa is scary good.

And I have to think they add Simmonds into the mix.

Kucherov, Miller, Stamkos, Gourde, Simmonds, Palat, Point, Johnson, with McDonagh, Hedman, Stralman, Sergachyov.. and Vasilevski in net?

Would just be an insane blend of grit, scoring, etc.

Reactions: le_sean

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
An unusually large number of their later draft picks have turned into solid or fantastic NHL players.

Its a true anomaly.

Their scouts can't be that good.

Reactions: sheed36

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Tampa has a bigger gap (15 pts) in pts over the 2nd place teams than those 2nd place teams have over the 17th place team (12 pts).

Reactions: Toene

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Man i have hoped forever to have a team like Toronto has atm !! Offense is crazy good. Don’t take penalties against them or you pay !!

The Leafs PP was good last night but that hasn't been the case for stretches this season. Since Nov 30th the Leafs PP hasn't been that great and have struggled according to a thread on the Leafs board. Including last nights game which boosted the numbers a bit the Leafs PP is now at 16.7% since Nov 30th so hardly tearing it up on the PP. Tampa during the same time frame is at 33.3% on the PP.

The Leafs are building a good team over there but I'd rather have a team like Tampa instead if I were to chose. Their superstars are signed to better cap friendly contracts and that team is deep and fairly young as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad