Out of Town Thread - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Said it all season long. Jets are not serious contenders with Hellebuck in net.

Laine has been terrible for months and Maurice still has him out there on first pp unit.

They will go out to one of the Sharks, Preds, Flames, Blues, Vegas) and Maurice will be gone soon there after. Team needs a fresh upgrade behind the bench.

They miss Buffer big time as well.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If the Habs want to win a series, that second wildcard is their best option if the Isles win the Metro. Not a good team at all. On par with or worse then the Habs.
Islanders would be a tall order for the Canadiens in a seven game series.

But better than any of the other options.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Said it all season long. Jets are not serious contenders with Hellebuck in net.

Laine has been terrible for months and Maurice still has him out there on first pp unit.

They will go out to one of the Sharks, Preds, Flames, Blues, Vegas) and Maurice will be gone soon there after. Team needs a fresh upgrade behind the bench.

They miss Buffer big time as well.

They lost Ehlers as well. Just a few seasons ago Tampa missed the playoffs in a similar situation.

Reactions: PaulD

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I think Coyle is the better player.

He's underrated. His point totals are not that impressive but Minny is a low scoring team. He plays a good two way game and can fill in anywhere in the lineup. Doesn't take stupid penalties. Back when Minny had more firepower he had almost 60 pts, and I think in Boston he's got a shot at those kinds of numbers again (maybe). I always liked him, really did not think he would go for so cheap.

Reactions: PaulD

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If the Habs want to win a series, that second wildcard is their best option if the Isles win the Metro. Not a good team at all. On par with or worse then the Habs.

You mean the 1st WC.

Every team is tough, but I also prefer the isles just like the isles probably prefer the habs.

The other bonus is that I'd probably rather try and go through the metro division than the Atlantic. If you knock off the isles, you stay in the metro division path.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The Bruins aren't shy about moving young players trending the wrong direction. Trade 'em while they still have value.

Reactions: Rapala

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The Bruins aren't shy about moving young players trending the wrong direction. Trade 'em while they still have value.

It also helps when your stacked in prospects and you're not that worried
The Bruins missed the playoffs 2 years in a row and retooled very well, that's why I'm hoping that Bergevin doesn't f*** up here and starts moving away prospects and picks just because we are overachieving.
Stay calm and in 2-3 years that's when we will be a contender and a big time player

Reactions: callmek2 and Chili

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Oh ok. And what kind of return do you think Lehkonen would get you ? A Charlie Coyle ?

No I wasn't one of those guys. I think we shouldn't sell low on Lehkonen (I wouldn't sell low on my appliance 350z either, it's not worth much).

At this point it's either going to be the Bergevin special (another 4th liner then done) or a blockbuster trade to bring a LHD and/or scoring forward in (very unlikely).

Reactions: Chili

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Can you think of one on the Habs trending the wrong way?
Currently would be Lekhonen but more in the past would be some of their first round picks who have fizzled.

Some of the most important scouting is knowing your own players.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
It also helps when your stacked in prospects and you're not that worried
The Bruins missed the playoffs 2 years in a row and retooled very well, that's why I'm hoping that Bergevin doesn't **** up here and starts moving away prospects and picks just because we are overachieving.
Stay calm and in 2-3 years that's when we will be a contender and a big time player
True. Once someone gets bypassed on the depth chart, they become expendable.

The Habs hanging onto guys is a reflection of the lack of prospects coming along the last few years, confirmed by the poor AHL rosters and lack of homegrown players on the NHL team.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Which is crazy. They have the worst differential in the league at -50. However, they've played well since the coaching change, and are actually winning games.
They held a playoff spot for much of the season with a horrendous differential. This leads me to believe it's either crap goal tending or just plain players who don't care.
I sense the Stanley Cup Dream has fled for some of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad