Out of Town Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
High end UFA signs for 4 mil per

Find the error

I believe it's where you're assigning a players worth to what his contract is considering the current economic environment and completely bypassing the fact Toffoli is a top 6 winger in the NHL, but please, go on getting lost in semantics...

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I believe it's where you're assigning a players worth to what his contract is considering the current economic environment and completely bypassing the fact Toffoli is a top 6 winger in the NHL, but please, go on getting lost in semantics...

He's a midrange UFA. It's not semantics, it's you acting as if he's a top pairing winger, which would be a high end UFA which he's not. A high end UFA wouldn't sign for 4 mil per, even in the present economic conditions.

I wonder what kind of description i would find if I search for your name and the key words Gionta, Cammalleri and Hamrlik. I'm pretty sure I'd find a huge double standard in your use of semantics.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He's a midrange UFA. It's not semantics, it's you acting as if he's a top pairing winger, which would be a high end UFA which he's not. A high end UFA wouldn't sign for 4 mil per, even in the present economic conditions.

I wonder what kind of description i would find if I search for your name and the key words Gionta, Cammalleri and Hamrlik. I'm pretty sure I'd find a huge double standard in your use of semantics.

Well according to literally EVERY ranking, he was a top 10 UFA. I'll take their word and Toffoli's career and say he was one of the high end UFA's out there and he signed here at a discount to market. Don't really care what you're opinion on the matter is as you're obvious an outlier in your opinion on Toffoli.

Free Agent Frenzy: More questions than answers as list hits 100 - TSN.ca #6
NHL Power Rankings: The top 2020 NHL Free Agents #5
The top 30 unrestricted free agents of 2020 #8
2020 NHL Free Agency: Ranking the Top 12 UFAs on the Market #10
2020 NHL free agents: Ranking top 20 players available #9

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Well according to literally EVERY ranking, he was a top 10 UFA. I'll take their word and Toffoli's career and say he was one of the high end UFA's out there and he signed here at a discount to market. Don't really care what you're opinion on the matter is as you're obvious an outlier in your opinion on Toffoli.

Free Agent Frenzy: More questions than answers as list hits 100 - TSN.ca #6
NHL Power Rankings: The top 2020 NHL Free Agents #5
The top 30 unrestricted free agents of 2020 #8
2020 NHL Free Agency: Ranking the Top 12 UFAs on the Market #10
2020 NHL free agents: Ranking top 20 players available #9

Being top 10 in a year doesn't make him a high end UFA. A top 10 UFA for the year, sure, but high end, he is not.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Being top 10 in a year doesn't make him a high end UFA. A top 10 UFA for the year, sure, but high end, he is not.

You make a habit of reading what you want to see and disregarding the content of the actual post.

Last I checked, being a top 10 available UFA, by definition, makes you one of the top UFAs available. It's not like he was at the bottom of the list, thus making him one of the bottom UFA's available. LOL.

No idea what you're trying to prove but thanks for coming out. Good day to you, sir.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
You make a habit of reading what you want to see and disregarding the content of the actual post.

Being a top 10 available UFA, by definition, makes you one of the top UFAs available LOL. No idea what you're trying to prove but thanks for coming out. Good day to you, sir.

A high end UFA means that the UFA is from the very best of the NHL, which he is not. You're the one using semantics to prop-up the signing to a level it doesn't have.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't know if this was posted but hey Max Domi, I hope you're OK ...

Reactions: PhysicX

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Are you claiming that he's a top UFA or a high end UFA? Because the two are different and you're trying to move the goalposts. You said high end UFA, that pre-supposes the player is among the elite, not JUST among the best of a UFA class.
Captain Semantic to the rescue!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

This is where local governments come into play. Some teams will be in cities/states/provinces that will allow players to skate and train while others can't do it yet because they haven't gotten the green light.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I didnt like the comment from ME Vlasic about his owner. He said. He doesnt understand why it is difficult to be payed, when the valués owner is around 12 billions of dollars.... i mean. Everybody are in a world pandemia, many company has to shutdown. Its not because your owner made a lot of money, that he should buy a house for you. They took a lot of money risk before to be owner of the team... if bergevin and julien lost 20% of theirs salary. I don’t thinks its because molson were winning a lot of money... Yesterday i heard eric belanger talking about the 2 last lock out. He said, he lost his first millions at the first lock out and a good amount of money the second lock out. Today, nobody gave it the money he did lost. Like he said. You are a number for the owner, if you don’t want to play, another one will do it. So he is mad, cause he will never touch this money he lost because of the 2 last lock out..

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
You can usually tell right away when a guy isnt selling for the ref and is legit injured very badly , that was definitely the case for him that night with his reaction. It's a real shame his career had to end on a freak thing like that, hopefuly he won't have any long term issues related to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad