Out of Town Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If a team doesn't get hot early or sustains numerous injuries/Covid situations, they'll be out of the playoff picture real quick.

Especially us, who I believe will need at least 2-3 weeks for the team to get on the same page anyways given all the new players.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Deferred payment flexibility was actually part of the CBA MOU so not sure why there is such an uproar with it. I think the biggest issue is that potential whopping $2.232B the owners have to overpay in the short span. That's $72M on average per team in a 12 month span.

Read the last few clauses of the Deferred Compensation agreement from back in July. I also showed the guess work on the money at play. I'm pretty sure the Owners don't like the potential multi Billions they have to overpay. Looks like the break even point on how the NHLPA pays back is 22/23 or 23/24. Lots of estimate factors at play

8g5QVVu.jpg

hRgNpk8.jpg

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Are ads on jerseys being seriously considered now? Not sure if it's just Elliotte Friedman spitballing or if the NHL is now leaning that way.

The last point has been tried in the SHL, ummm 10 years ago?
Team finishing 1-4 in the regular season got to chose opponent (team finishing in place 5-8), starting with team 1, 2 and so on.

Added some cringey excitement, sort of like at boxers weight in, having all coaches in a TV studio doing the selection.
SHL moved on and dropped the idea after a few years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Domi played in the bubble but does he play without a bubble with his diabetes?

What will Rask do? Aren't the cases and death rates higher now than when the playoff bubble was going on?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With the NHL slowly creeping its way back as things seem to be progressing to a mid-January start, we should expect more rumors and moves to start being made.

Tampa's still got their cap situation and Cirelli and Cernak still unsigned.

Technically, there are ten teams currently over the cap. Some not by much. Others will get relief with LTIR and such.

But even if not over the cap, things should start moving again slowly, slowly.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Don't want that f***ing loser back. Guy got carried by Radulov in his last good year here and is getting carried by Stone right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad