ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It's more like a red one, just darker.
Mix that one:
fleaur-de-lis.jpg

With that one:
fleur-de-lis.jpg

What kind of genetic experimentation are these, bruh. We are in the End Days.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
So 60+ games...sure sounds like true condensed schedule that was being bandied about.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So 60+ games...sure sounds like true condensed schedule that was being bandied about.
It wouldnt be so condensed, it would be an 8 ½ months season+POs ending mid July because of Olympics starting end of July.

The issues from Gord Miller...half the teams have a seemingly hard stance on playing any hockey without fans, they just don't want to operate without any gate revenue.
Then there are the holidays, which would happen during camp. Guys like Gallagher...Price..Weber, they could still travel to their respective hometowns as they're Canadians. USA/EURO players wouldn't be able to because of 14 day quarantines. So not exactly fair and for sure, a lot of players wouldn't be okay with that.
So if they push it backwards further a month, they'd give up half their salaries already, then there's the escrow/deferral that amounts to 20~30% as well.
Finally, they will have to pay back some cash for TV deal the more games they miss.

What a mess.

Reactions: DAChampion

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Interesting that Barzal and PLD are not signed yet. I wonder if they are asking for signing bonus money in their contract? I'm sure they are and probably the reason why the contract is on hold until they know when the season starts.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Interesting that Barzal and PLD are not signed yet. I wonder if they are asking for signing bonus money in their contract? I'm sure they are and probably the reason why the contract is on hold until they know when the season starts.

Neither play for sexy markets and aren’t interested in taking financial loss short term to help out their owners.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
It wouldnt be so condensed, it would be an 8 ½ months season+POs ending mid July because of Olympics starting end of July.

The issues from Gord Miller...half the teams have a seemingly hard stance on playing any hockey without fans, they just don't want to operate without any gate revenue.
Then there are the holidays, which would happen during camp. Guys like Gallagher...Price..Weber, they could still travel to their respective hometowns as they're Canadians. USA/EURO players wouldn't be able to because of 14 day quarantines. So not exactly fair and for sure, a lot of players wouldn't be okay with that.
So if they push it backwards further a month, they'd give up half their salaries already, then there's the escrow/deferral that amounts to 20~30% as well.
Finally, they will have to pay back some cash for TV deal the more games they miss.

What a mess.
Most of the teams have been home 7 of the past 8 months. Imagine complaining about needing to be home for a few days over Christmas. For god's sake I would be embarrassed to make such a demand after all this time off.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Most of the teams have been home 7 of the past 8 months. Imagine complaining about needing to be home for a few days over Christmas. For god's sake I would be embarrassed to make such a demand after all this time off.

I personally wouldn't care, spent the last 4/5 xmas by myself anyways working abroad.
But you just mentioned it, some guys might view it the other way...if it's just a few extra days, why do you have to start it before then? Just push it back a bit more.
Some people are religious or traditional, they don't like breaking the Xmas routine. Some have new families and want to spend it with them.
I'm not arguing for them, just repeating what Gord Miller was saying on the radio.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Gangs of New York

Daniel Day-Lewis & Brendan Gleeson were both at the top of their game...
Daniel-Day Lewis was insanely outstanding in that movie......like some of the best acting I’ve ever seen....definitely top 10 for me.

Joaquin Phoenix in Joker though takes the cake as #1

Reactions: Runner77

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
We are 1 month away from Dec 24th and we still haven’t heard any news about starting the NHL season.

What is taking so long? :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad