GDT: Out of Town Thread-NHL Play-Offs Edition Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
With Winnipeg beating St Louis tonight and Calgary winning, as long as Edmonton holds on and Calgary can beat the Kings in their next game. Winninpeg just needs to beat Colorado to knock LA out of the playoffs.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Wow, Kings are pretty much done.

The Kings play the Flames themselves, and the Flames play the Jets.

If the Kings take care of business by winning their two games and either the Flames or Jets lose their two (which is more likely considering they play each other), the Kings still get in. Crazy if they can drop one to the Oilers this late in the year and still pull that off lol.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
A Caps fan checked into our GDT to say that yes, they plan on playing Holtby against us as they are still playing for home ice. Trotz was quoted.

Wow, seems like a potentially dangerous move by the Caps. Holtby def. tweaked something in the last game when he stretched out awkwardly. Why risk further injury?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Wow, seems like a potentially dangerous move by the Caps. Holtby def. tweaked something in the last game when he stretched out awkwardly. Why risk further injury?

Probably because he hasn't allowed a goal against the Bruins this year and he owns them in his career. If he says he is good to go then you can assume they see it as a huge 2 points for home ice advantage against the Islanders/Penguins.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
hahaha suck it Kings.

Now it's on the Calgary, They've played the Kings well this year so far and can potentially end their season

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The sun can shine on a dog's arse occasionally.

Fraser isn't an NHL player.

Sad that Chiarelli accepted him as part of the Seguin deal considering their were plenty of other Stars prospects who had a chance of actually making it as NHL players (McKenzie, Ritchie, etc.).

One look at Fraser and his poor skating and you could tell he wasn't going to make it unless his skating dramatically improved.

Anyways looks like the West can be decided as far as who qualifies by Thursday. A Flames win and the defending champs are gone.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

I'm guessing it turned out to be nothing, finished the game ok and probably feels fine. I don't think they'd be playing him otherwise.

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Just can't believe Pittsburgh blew that game. I know we dug ourselves into this hole and the team dropped so many valuable points. I still hate the Pena though. Gosh. Would have been so sweet to not have to worry about winning possiblY 3 games. Christ.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

Holtby said after the game that he was just cramped up, and that it wasn't anything major.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Just can't believe Pittsburgh blew that game. I know we dug ourselves into this hole and the team dropped so many valuable points. I still hate the Pena though. Gosh. Would have been so sweet to not have to worry about winning possiblY 3 games. Christ.

There's a scenario out there that the Bruins could be on a 7 game winning streak going into the final game of the season and still need to pick up a point against Tampa to get in. And the Bruins haven't been outside of the playoff picture since... I don't know but it's been a while now, I think. The kicker is that they'd still technically be inside the playoff picture going into that final game as well.

Last edited:

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Can somebody make a post that will help me think we make the playoffs

14tsktz.jpg

The Last Baron*

I'm not quitting. Tell me who they beat in regulation and who they make it to OT against?

I'm not quite the sage you are, apparently.

Instead of stressing out and telling us how these games are going to play out, why don't you sit back, watch the games, and enjoy the action?

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Well, at least we have more games in hand than the teams we are battling with for PO spots.

I think we beat Washington in OT, beat Florida in reg and lose to Tampa in OT.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Well whatever happens, hats off to the Senators. They deserve it the most out of everyone - they could even have a run at the cup at this rate. I just hope we squeeze in there too somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad