GDT: Out of Town Thread-NHL Play-Offs Edition Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Tell me which team the Bruins beat, and which one they take to OT. That is being optimistic and assuming Ottawa simply doesn't win both games outright.

Florida? "The Rangers have nothing to play for, the Sens will win!!!11!!!"

The Panthers have even less to play for, and they are a MUCH worse team than the Rangers. So that is a win for the Bruins, right? Tampa could go to OT or be a win, they'll probably be locked into the #2 spot in the Atlantic by Saturday and might decided to rest their best players.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Winnipig up late. Edmonton with a lead. Calgary with a lead.

My sadistic dream of seeing LA and Pittsburgh both miss the playoffs is getting closer.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The Bruins will be playing 3 teams who have nothing to play for so they need to get there on their own merit. No excuses , let's go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Whatever, up to the Bruins to get the job done. It's not going to be easy but it is what it is and they have to win.

Can't hate what Ottawa is doing here, that's a team that is clawing their way through wins and I can't say they won't deserve the spot if they get it.

What would suck is losing the spot to Pittsburgh because that team is absolute garbage.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
The Penguins are pretty bad, though. Crosby, in spite of leading in the Art Ross race, is a shell of his former self...too many injuries.

I guess Bylsma is not so bad now.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
The Bruins will be playing 3 teams who have nothing to play for so they need to get there on their own merit. No excuses , let's go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Washington wants home ice
Tampa could still catch mtl for first
Florida is the only team with nothing left

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Florida? "The Rangers have nothing to play for, the Sens will win!!!11!!!"

The Panthers have even less to play for, and they are a MUCH worse team than the Rangers. So that is a win for the Bruins, right? Tampa could go to OT or be a win, they'll probably be locked into the #2 spot in the Atlantic by Saturday and might decided to rest their best players.

Okay, so a Bruins win against Florida and OT against Tampa Bay is your prediction?

I have them beating Washington tomorrow ONLY if Peters is in net and then beating Florida Thursday.

If Holtby is in net, then after watching this current Bruins team this year I can see them going 1-2-0 with Tampa Bay and Washington both beating them again.

So is 97 points enough to get in? Only if Ottawa loses a game in regulation. Nothing I have seen from the Sens suggests that they won't go 1-0-1.

FLBRUINS68

LFGB!
May 21, 2011
FL
Even if Ottawa wins @NYR and @PHL, the Bruins just needs 4 of 6 possible points. Still looks good but sure looked a LOT better about 30 minutes ago.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Jets and Blues played an old time classic play-off feel game tonight.
Fast, intense, rugged with super goaltending by both teams.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Okay, so a Bruins win against Florida and OT against Tampa Bay is your prediction?

I have them beating Washington tomorrow ONLY if Peters is in net and then beating Florida Thursday.

If Holtby is in net, then after watching this current Bruins team this year I can see them going 1-2-0 with Tampa Bay and Washington both beating them again.

So is 97 points enough to get in? Only if Ottawa loses a game in regulation. Nothing I have seen from the Sens suggests that they won't go 1-0-1.

Is Holtby supposed to play ?

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Nothing to play for?

Wsh want home ice in round 1.
Flo want to be spoilers.
TB will likely be playing for 1st seed or trying to avoid us in round 1.

3 tough matchups. Tuukka will have to be in Vezina form and win us two of them to get in.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Washington wants home ice
Tampa could still catch mtl for first
Florida is the only team with nothing left

Playing for home ice isn't like playing for a PO spot, intensity just isn't the same. Resting players, making sure no one gets hurt, would seem like much more important goals to me.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012

Sure. It's very possible they beat both Florida teams. Tampa just got their first win against Boston in like 3 seasons. None of the three teams are unbeatable. Who knows? Maybe Lucic and Bergeron come through like they have in the past when we need them most. Maybe Tuukka posts a shutout against Tampa. It's in no way guaranteed, but very far from impossible to get more points than Ottawa the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia