GDT: Out of Town Thread-NHL Play-Offs Edition Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
It looks like he's winding up to give him the standard crease-clearing treatment. Then Miller falls, but Buff had about 45 minutes to see Miller fall and he goes ahead and does that. Terrible.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
wow. that was vicious. Miller stayed in the game. I was rootin for the Jets to get in. Now not so much.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
It seems like a reaction to the mild stick swipe on Pavelec. Look at how close his face comes to the skate man, wow. Ban him

HanktheHammer*

Buff did his job. I have no problem on what Byfuglien did. Miller got what he deserved. He ought to learn to not dig in on the goalie while he is in the crease next time. What ever the punishment is, he put the message out to all other opponents to not mess with his goalie.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Buff did his job. I have no problem on what Byfuglien did. Miller got what he deserved. He ought to learn to not dig in on the goalie while he is in the crease next time. What ever the punishment is, he put the message out to all other opponents to not mess with his goalie.

He shouldn't have let him get away scott-free with it, sure, but you don't cross check someone to the back of the head/neck... That's insanely dangerous and absolutely should be punished. If it isn't it sets a precedent and that's a line the NHL very clearly does not want to cross.

This is the same guy that did this. He's a moron.

HanktheHammer*

The Buff won't be suspended. He'll get fined because the Jets are in the hunt for a playoff spot. After seeing McQuaid get buttended and draw blood as Glass gets off with a fine was brutal. The same should apply to Byfuglien.

Colinsteadbruinsfan

Newfie Bruin
Nov 15, 2014
Regina, SK
Blackhawks Kane return to practice.

Does it annoy anyone else that the Hawks used Kane's ltir and spent a ton of money to improve at the deadline? With Kane coming back way ahead of schedule it hardly seems fair to me. Makes me wonder if Hawks were over exaggerating the injury to make it seem like a legit move to aquire players at the deadline. or just a remarkably quick healing body but it really upsets me that we didn't do that with krecji money

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Does it annoy anyone else that the Hawks used Kane's ltir and spent a ton of money to improve at the deadline? With Kane coming back way ahead of schedule it hardly seems fair to me. Makes me wonder if Hawks were over exaggerating the injury to make it seem like a legit move to aquire players at the deadline. or just a remarkably quick healing body but it really upsets me that we didn't do that with krecji money

He is just training, zucker had this 2-3 weeks earlier than Kane and he isn't playing yet, and Zuck has been training for a long time now.

Broken bone takes time to heal, they would be stupid to bring him back when it's not 100%.

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Also the whole LTIR thing confuses me but I'm pretty sure if they went over the cap and used ltir they have to clear cap by sending people down to the minors in the amount they went over for Kane to play. If they keep him out until after the season ends they can carry Kane and the players they picked up.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Well when Neely was on felger and maZZ a few weeks ago, when he was questioned about using Krejci's money he said that the 'league would frown upon it.'

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
what a bonehead, he took it upon himself to effectively dispatch Kane over attire, now he likely will cost his team a PO stop by getting suspended. Someone should discipline him now.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
This just in, the Pens are still ****. How the **** are they still ahead of us lordy lord I think if we beat Detroit then we can leapfrog even the Pens in the standings.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site

The puck was loose, Miller did nothing wrong or "against the code" at all.
Byfuglien deserves a huge suspension, and is (along with the NHL) extremely luck that Miller was not seriously hurt.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The puck was loose, Miller did nothing wrong or "against the code" at all.
Byfuglien deserves a huge suspension, and is (along with the NHL) extremely luck that Miller was not seriously hurt.

I think Byfuglien deserves a suspension too but if you back up the play a little more you will see Miller take a swing at Buff so to say he did nothing wrong is incorrect.

To justify Buff nearly breaking Miller's neck because he's in the crease is ridiculous.

jdz

May 22, 2013
And their retro strip still looks like cheese, those pads are hurting my eyes with their ugliness

Poor attempt at trying to steal our colours.

Just as poor as the stealing of our goal song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad