GDT: Out of Town Thread-NHL Play-Offs Edition Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Ya basically say if Pittsburgh ends with 97 points and the sens end with say 99 and the Bruins end with 100

If Pittsburgh ends with 97 points (1 regulation loss and 1 OT/SO loss) the Bruins only need to end with 97 points (1 ROW) to tie them in the points and ROW tiebreaker. The Bruins would win the next tiebreaker (season series).

Ottawa can't catch Pittsburgh in ROW, so they would need to beat them cleanly on points (98).

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
If Pittsburgh ends with 97 points (1 regulation loss and 1 OT/SO loss) the Bruins only need to end with 97 points (1 ROW) to tie them in the points and ROW tiebreaker. The Bruins would win the next tiebreaker (season series).

Ottawa can't catch Pittsburgh in ROW, so they would need to beat them cleanly on points (98).

Kinda comforting with the way Pittsburgh has been playing

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
I dunno man. Momentum is a big thing. They must feel invincible in that dressing room right now

Its different if you peaked a week or two prior to the playoffs , the Sens have been hot for 2 months now , law of averages and playing better competition is certainly not in their favor .

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I just don't see the Sens winning against NYR on Thursday. That means only 1 win in 3 games and we are in. Let it be tonight.

When it was 3-0 pens. I was still scared Ottawa would come back to win. They did. Do not count that team out of anything. If your thinking Rangers win, chances are Ottawa will continue this magical run. Bruins needs to take care of business. Can't rely on other teams.

Obviously it would be amazing if Rags help us out. Don't see that happening though. They would much rather player Ottawa than play the Bruins.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Also the tank for McDavid is pretty much a success so Sabres would be playing for pride and a spot on next season's team. But I still think the Pens will really have to crap the ice to lose on Saturday. You don't get as cake a team for your last game than Buffalo.

Bruins really just need to dig deep and find two points tonight. I think if the Bruins get 2 tonight that even if they aren't mathmatically locked in they will be pretty darn close.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
So, according to NHL referees, Rask getting slew-footed while in the crease against the Ducks wasn't goalie interference, but this is:

:facepalm:

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I still can't believe teams will automatically throw games......I mean, sure one team would prefer to play another; but if they lose to Ottawa on "purpose" yet Boston wins and Detroit loses, that means they could still end up playing Ottawa.

Nothing is a guarantee right now....IMO, Rangers would want to win so they can go into the playoffs on a good note.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
When it was 3-0 pens. I was still scared Ottawa would come back to win. They did. Do not count that team out of anything. If your thinking Rangers win, chances are Ottawa will continue this magical run. Bruins needs to take care of business. Can't rely on other teams.

Obviously it would be amazing if Rags help us out. Don't see that happening though. They would much rather player Ottawa than play the Bruins.

Nothing magical about losing two 'must win' games against the leafs. Sens not going anywhere if they make the p/o.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

I don't think the Rangers want to have a date with the hottest team in the league in round 1. Not really the gift you are looking for when you win the President trophy.

A win against Ott help their chance to avoid them. They'll play to win. And most likely will.

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I don't think the Rangers want to have a date with the hottest team in the league in round 1. Not really the gift you are looking for when you win the President trophy.

A win against Ott help their chance to avoid them. They'll play to win. And most likely will.

Question is, can they get it done in regulation?

8 Spokes

Feb 7, 2010
Boston, MA

This is my thought as well. If I'm the Rangers, I don't want any part of the Senators in the first round. Especially when it looks like they could end up with the Penguins, Red Wings, or Bruins in the first round, all of whom have been the definition of inconsistent.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I expected it and not because of the great roll the Sens are on but because it`s the Pens and with injuries and terrible allergies to playing defensively responsible hockey, I pretty much assumed the game was far from over

BigChara33*

Last night couldn't have gone any worse...

Pitt and Ottawa 3 point game

Detroit won

Now we must take 4 out of 6 points

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Nothing magical about losing two 'must win' games against the leafs. Sens not going anywhere if they make the p/o.

I can see them upsetting someone on the first round then struggling with inexperience in the 2nd, that`s NOT a team who folds IMO, to come back from where they are with this run is beyond gutsy and if they were wearing spoked B jersey`s, we`d be super optimistic and if we were heading into the playoffs with that team, we`d all be yakking about upset city:)

great drafting by Murray and Company

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I just don't see the Sens winning against NYR on Thursday. That means only 1 win in 3 games and we are in. Let it be tonight.

I hope you are right but the way Ottawa is playing I wouldn't count on it. We need to win tonight. As well as Florida has played at times this year ,there is NO excuse for not beating that team tomorrow night. Win tonight and we will get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->