Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Bruins currently have a 79.6% chance to make the playoffs

if they lose to Washington they will have a 67% chance of making it

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Well whatever happens, hats off to the Senators. They deserve it the most out of everyone - they could even have a run at the cup at this rate. I just hope we squeeze in there too somehow.

Nahh, if the Sens make the playoffs they will be giddy...and exhale after an epic run...

...and get waxed in the first round.

But hey, "we were just happy to be here."

HanktheHammer*

Nahh, if the Sens make the playoffs they will be giddy...and exhale after an epic run...

That's exactly I think also. I don't think they expected to make the playoffs at all. The Sens fired McLean, didn't make a trade deadline deal to bolster their playoff hopes and brought up an AHL goalie. They didn't think Hammond would be so successful. I see a Steve Penny in him.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
No team has ever missed the playoffs in NHL history with 96 points this year is insane

Colorado and Dallas missed with 95 points that is currently the record that will certainly be broken this year

jdz

May 22, 2013
No team has ever missed the playoffs in NHL history with 96 points this year is insane

Colorado and Dallas missed with 95 points that is currently the record that will certainly be broken this year

Makes you lament the losses to cellar dwellars like Edmonton, Carolina etc this year. Could have been made so much easier.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Makes you lament the losses to cellar dwellars like Edmonton, Carolina etc this year. Could have been made so much easier.

Every team has lost to cellar dwellars this year who is on the playoff bubble

Ottawa Lost to- Toronto 3x, Carolina 2x, Buffalo 1x, NJ 2x

Detriot Lost to - Toronto 3x, Buffalo 1x, Arizona 1x

Pittsburgh Lost to- NJ 2x, Carolina 2x

etc.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014

I dunno man. Momentum is a big thing. They must feel invincible in that dressing room right now

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I dunno man. Momentum is a big thing. They must feel invincible in that dressing room right now

If I was one of the top teams, Ottawa is the last team I would want to play. We have long been waiting for the wheels to fall off but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Hopefully the Rangers see it this way and take care of business before they end up having to face them. A team with nothing to lose who is red hot is a scary opponent.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

not a chance IMO

There is absolutely no quit from that team, they might lose in the first round but they won`t get "waxed", they might be exhausted emotionally from the incredible stretch they have had but.....

Haven`t looked or know if other boards have a thread such as we have had discussing first round potential match ups but I`d guess there isn`t one fan base who`s actually been watching this run the Sens have been on who have said "I want them in the first round"

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The Bruins aren't winning tonight.

They can't score on Holtby, the Caps own us and the Caps want home ice.

I don't see Ottawa losing in regulation in either of their games.

Detroit has cake on Saturday and the Habs should beat the. But you never know.

Bruins need to solve Holtby tonight but I'm strugglingnto be confident.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

It's because so many teams lost so many games this year-buffalo and Arizona barely earned 55 points and there are 5 teams with fewer than 70 points. It's ridiculous.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA

If Ottawa moves up to 7 and plays Montreal they will win. I would even give them a shot against the NYR.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
The Bruins aren't winning tonight.

They can't score on Holtby, the Caps own us and the Caps want home ice.

I don't see Ottawa losing in regulation in either of their games.

Detroit has cake on Saturday and the Habs should beat the. But you never know.

Bruins need to solve Holtby tonight but I'm strugglingnto be confident.

The caps have nothing to win tonight, their record is as good on the road than it is on home ice. I think they would rather see Ovie and Holtbly take it lightly.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada

Still makes me think back to October and losing in the final 0.4 seconds to Colorado in regulation. I had a feeling then that Daniella Briere goal was something of significance. Lets hope it was not lol.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Yeah, it really does.
Better hope it doesn't come to that cause you don't have to look far to find the games you flushed points down the toilet.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

Every year a 7 or 8 seed knocks out a 1 or 2 seed, and that will happen again this year.

Teams like Ottawa and/or Boston this year will already be in playoff mode when the playoffs begin.

Add to that that a split on the road results in huge momentum coming home for 2 games.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Still makes me think back to October and losing in the final 0.4 seconds to Colorado in regulation. I had a feeling then that Daniella Briere goal was something of significance. Lets hope it was not lol.

The Bruins have won quite a few games late in the 3rd. I'm far more pissed off by the annual 8 points left on the table by Julien against Montreal.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The Bruins have won quite a few games late in the 3rd. I'm far more pissed off by the annual 8 points left on the table by Julien against Montreal.

The fact the Bruins' players scored only 2 goals total in the last 3 games against the Habs should be the main concern.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Watching last night's game, as soon as the Sens got their first goal to make it 3-1 it was an automatic feeling in me that "well, they are going to win this one." It's crazy how hot they are and how you expect them to win come hell or high water. The confidence level in that group is ridiculous. Thank goodness the Bs have put on a decent little run as well. The Sens continued success has made every next Bruins game the biggest game of the season. I would love to see both the Sens and the Bs make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad