GDT: Out of Town Thread-NHL Play-Offs Edition Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
We finish 4th in the east if we run the table with row's and the islanders don't get all 4 they can still get.

There is no such thing as 4th in the East.

Bruins will be either 3rd in Atl, WC 1 or 2 or DNQ. And if they get in, their only possible 1st round opponent are Mtl, TB or NYR.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
A Caps fan checked into our GDT to say that yes, they plan on playing Holtby against us as they are still playing for home ice. Trotz was quoted.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
There is no such thing as 4th in the East.

Bruins will be either 3rd in Atl, WC 1 or 2 or DNQ. And if they get in, their only possible 1st round opponent are Mtl, TB or NYR.

Yeah there's no "fourth" playoff seed but they still decide home ice by points 1-8 in the east even if there are bracket restrictions

It's still beneficial to finish ahead or metro 2&3 and both wild cards if we get Atl 3 so we would have home ice in a potential ecf series

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
That's what I am hoping for. Then Washington can rest him and then give him the final game of the year to keep the rust off before the playoffs.

The Boston Bruins haven't scored a goal this year against Washington.

The last game was 2-0 wasn't ? I thought the Bruins played reasonably well and if I recall had won 4 in a row at the time so weren't exactly filled with a lot of motivation just like the 2012 series when we had won the Cup the year before. Tomorrow will be different. I can feel a Bruin win in my bones.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The last game was 2-0 wasn't ? I thought the Bruins played reasonably well and if I recall had won 4 in a row at the time so weren't exactly filled with a lot of motivation just like the 2012 series when we had won the Cup the year before. Tomorrow will be different. I can feel a Bruin win in my bones.

Yeah 2-0 and 4-0.

Boston can control everything and their future simply by winning tomorrow and Thursday, one which needs to happen in regulation. They would have 38 ROW's and Ottawa cannot match that to break the point tiebreaker.

Then there is nothing Ottawa can do to catch them. Both would have 99 points and Boston would have 38 ROW to Ottawa's 37 if Ottawa indeed goes 2-0.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Ok here is how things are going down
Pit is beating NYI in OT then beating buffalo
Islanders losing to pit in OT then Columbus in regulation
Detroit is losing to mtl in regulation then beating Carolina
Boston is winning out
Ottowa is winning out

Brackets
Mtl vs NYI
Tampa vs Boston

NYR vs Det
Washington vs Pit

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Ok here is how things are going down
Pit is beating NYI in OT then beating buffalo
Islanders losing to pit in OT then Columbus in regulation
Detroit is losing to mtl in regulation then beating Carolina
Boston is winning out
Ottowa is winning out

Brackets
Mtl vs NYI
Tampa vs Boston

NYR vs Det
Washington vs Pit

Boston loses to Washington in regulation.
Boston beats Florida in regulation.

Ottawa beats the Rangers who are resting everyone since they clinched the Presidents' Trophy.
Ottawa loses in OT to Philadelphia in the matinee game Saturday afternoon.

Boston goes into the Tampa game needing a point. Tampa Bay knows that if they beat Boston they get to face Detroit but if they lose to Boston, they face the Bruins in the 1st round.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't even want to think about potential first round matchups with so much still up in the air.

But I will say that the best possible first round scenario for the Bruins would be a series with Cedric Paquette in the lineup on the other side. that would be exactly the kind of spark they would need.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I don't even want to think about potential first round matchups with so much still up in the air.

But I will say that the best possible first round scenario for the Bruins would be a series with Cedric Paquette in the lineup on the other side. that would be exactly the kind of spark they would need.

Agreed.

The problem is that Tampa Bay knows that too and I am guessing that going into the Saturday night game Tampa Bay could have the knowledge that if they beat Boston Saturday they eliminate the Bruins and get to face the injured Redwings. Talk about incentive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad