Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I love old school hockey! That’s how you build rivalry. But it has to stay within the rules.

I’m glad to have a couple of tough guys who can hold their own in a fight. I still remember our humiliation in boston a few years back.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Mark Messier just now on MSG:

“If I build a team it needs to be built to play in the streets and alleys not like this team”..

DOPS’ and Bettman’s inaction will incite this type of approach. RIP “new” NHL. Back to goonery and trucculence hockey. The only and best player safety you can get is the one you can implement internally.

Reactions: DAChampion

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
So Buchnevich is facing a lengthy suspension for his actions against Mentha. I guess in the mind of the goon that is Parros, a NHL player must fight his attacker ? Welcome back 1970s...

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Nhl players are also pretty good at beating their wives.

There are no excuses for the type of exhibition we saw in NY yesterday. This is 2021 and Bettman needs to get on the train.

Why? I thought it was great old time hockey. Blame the instigator rule and the board of governers/player safety, this has nothing to do with Bettman. No excuse? The NHLPA are the issue here, not the owners. Parros could have suspended him. They suspended Byron for hopping 1 inch off the ice to deliver a hit. If the players association are dumb enough to vote in Parros to manage discipline, they get what they deserve.

The TV ratings were probably through the roof last night.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Why? I thought it was great old time hockey. Blame the instigator rule and the board of governers/player safety, this has nothing to do with Bettman. No excuse? The NHLPA are the issue here, not the owners. Parros could have suspended him. They suspended Byron for hopping 1 inch off the ice to deliver a hit. If the players association are dumb enough to vote in Parros to manage discipline, they get what they deserve.

The TV ratings were probably through the roof last night.
Like I said, this is 2021 and it's time to change. You might like it, but it won't change the fact that it's going away. Fighting in hockey today has as much legitimacy as slapping your female coworker ass as a welcoming gesture. This ain't the 50s anymore bro. I'm not here to debate, just stating the fact that it's going away...

Reactions: dcyhabs

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I guess that it's all pure coincidence that the NHL signs a new US tv deal and the rough stuff returns. Americans love to watch violence on TV so the current vanilla product won't cut it, I might be wrong but let's see how it all unfolds.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Looks like some people really want to go back to watching brawls instead of hockey. I'm not interested, and I don't think the players should be interested. Buchnevic is getting flak for his hit on Mantha, but he was probably concussed the previous night, so he'd be grouchy and irrational. Getting all players to that state, repeated concussions, combative, mean, irrational, really doesn't improve their lives, or the quality of hockey. Fire Parros, reconsider the decision on Wilson, give him 20 games with playoff games counting for 2. Suspend Buchnevic for his hit, let him get over his concussion.

People think of concussions as just another injury or a weakness but they seriously change who someone is and what they are capable of. I'd push for a week suspension for fighting so that at least players can get over the hits to the head.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Like I said, this is 2021 and it's time to change. You might like it, but it won't change the fact that it's going away. Fighting in hockey today has as much legitimacy as slapping your female coworker ass as a welcoming gesture. This ain't the 50s anymore bro. I'm not here to debate, just stating the fact that it's going away...

It's never going away, and fighting isn't an issue. Cheapshots, kneeing, hitting from behind and players wearing body armour while ramming guys at 3o kmh is. There is no checks/balances with the instigator rule in place, and its a free reign to take liberties with anyone you want.

Watching McDavid skate around with impunity is disgusting. Myers took out Armia , he took a few fists by Edmundson because the NHLPS is a joke, and it was done. The Wilson incident just proved the NHL needs a fix in more than one area.

Sean Avery waves his hands in front of the goalie making a mockery of the game, the NHL changes the rules the next day and enforces it. A player delivers a hit to the knee or head, it is business as ususal.

Reactions: Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I hear Sather was retained by Dolan as Senior Advisor to the owner over last few seasons...

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
It's never going away, and fighting isn't an issue. Cheapshots, kneeing, hitting from behind and players wearing body armour while ramming guys at 3o kmh is. There is no checks/balances with the instigator rule in place, and its a free reign to take liberties with anyone you want.

Watching McDavid skate around with impunity is disgusting. Myers took out Armia , he took a few fists by Edmundson because the NHLPS is a joke, and it was done. The Wilson incident just proved the NHL needs a fix in more than one area.

Sean Avery waves his hands in front of the goalie making a mockery of the game, the NHL changes the rules the next day and enforces it. A player delivers a hit to the knee or head, it is business as ususal.
Like I said, I'm not here to debate... it's going away, time changes and bare knuckle fighting in hockey will vanish.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
This is the biggest problem with the league. You can't call out the BS, whether it is player safety or the refs when they make horrible biased calls or else THEY FINE YOU!! what kind of nazi crap is that. Just shut up and nod your head everyone, no talking back to the teacher. What a joke lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad