Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
In a way, I’m almost happy it unfolded that way. The entire thing is like poetry:

dops fails to do its job (again)
Game turns into a joke because everyone wants vengeance
Buch does something he will Probably be suspended for. Again: vengeance
Rangers call out parros by name and gets fined 50 times what Wilson was fine

everything points back to one guy not doing his job

honestly, it’s like it was scripted...

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
DOPS’ and Bettman’s inaction will incite this type of approach. RIP “new” NHL. Back to goonery and trucculence hockey. The only and best player safety you can get is the one you can implement internally.
Exactly, but I remember not so long ago the person in charge of disciplinary action in the NHL tried to suspend a player for 25 games and the same hypocrites (owners,nhlpa) who were calling for tougher disciplinary measures all of a sudden we're crying foul when one of their players were suspended, they're all nothing but a bunch of sanctimonious hypocrites, look at what the head hypocrite just did by handing the rangers a $250,000 fine, the only ones truly suffering through all of this are the wives/partners/parents of the players that may wind up with permanent brain damage or dead, bravo buttman!!:clap:hope all you lawyers are taking notes, plenty to work with when the lawsuits start flying.

Last edited:

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
The NHL old boy club is really bad. Lots of old, incompetent, idiots patting each other on the back and putting each other in the hockey hall of fame while ensuring nothing ever improves.

Reactions: Et le But

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The NHL old boy club is really bad. Lots of old, incompetent, idiots patting each other on the back and putting each other in the hockey hall of fame while ensuring nothing ever improves.

The day they put Lindros in there, I lost all respect for the HOF. That entitled douche got in, but Tkachuk, Propp and Theo Fleury still are not. Doug Wilson never got in till 2020 lol.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
The day they put Lindros in there, I lost all respect for the HOF. That entitled douche got in, but Tkachuk, Propp and Theo Fleury still are not. Doug Wilson never got in till 2020 lol.

There are certainly other people in the hall who are not good people. Lindros had his problems but he was a top player for several seasons. Considering how susceptible he was to concussions he probably had several before being drafted, so no wonder he was irritating, plus he was raised by cave people.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The league can put teams in every US sunbelt city, as long as it remains run by these dinosaurs the league will always be a novelty at best outside of Canada.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
LOL !!! Total nonsense.

NHL and Parros did not do their job the game before and fined Wilson for only 5000K and no suspension. He injured Panarin on top of that.

Apparently, critical verbal statements by a team are 50x more dangerous to the league than an obvious and reckless intent to injure attempt by a player? I'd love to see the Rangers double down and criticize the fine in another statement, and write another check.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If only he had pulled his hair and slammed his head on the ice right after, he’d face a minor fine instead.
That’s a completely different incident though, I’m talking about the cross check to the face. Using your hockey stick as a weapon to crush someone’s teeth in warrants a 1 or 2 game suspension IMHO.

As for the other incident, I also thought it was worth a 1 game suspension for excessive roughing.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Deservedly

Parros' take is that hitting people with fists is fine, anything else is not fine. Specifically big guys are allowed to hit small guys, including small guys from leagues where fighting is banned and who are completely unprepared. I don't think it worked out well for Emelin, or for Moore. I completely agree that hitting other players with sticks is bad but I also very much understand small players preferring to hit big players with their sticks than be "acceptably" beaten as often as the big player feels like it.

It's not like the goons generally have a great time, either. Lots of pain killer addiction, useless hands, concussions... I wonder what sort of shape Parros is in. Parros at least succeeded in cashing in, and he seems to still be able to function, though not do his current job.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
E0vg4SMWUAIjQeE

:laugh:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Parros' take is that hitting people with fists is fine, anything else is not fine. Specifically big guys are allowed to hit small guys, including small guys from leagues where fighting is banned and who are completely unprepared. I don't think it worked out well for Emelin, or for Moore. I completely agree that hitting other players with sticks is bad but I also very much understand small players preferring to hit big players with their sticks than be "acceptably" beaten as often as the big player feels like it.

It's not like the goons generally have a great time, either. Lots of pain killer addiction, useless hands, concussions... I wonder what sort of shape Parros is in. Parros at least succeeded in cashing in, and he seems to still be able to function, though not do his current job.
I think he can show being a Princeton grad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad