Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Fiala just totally MIA. A guy they are relying on as an offense-driver (Although I believe he’s a complimentary guy) and just isn’t doing anything. Always has been generally quieter in the playoffs.
And they gave up Faber and pick that was used for Ohgren. Both of them look fantastic.
Pick could had also used for Snuggerud or Kulich for example. Both went less than 10 picks after

Reactions: Mr Rogers

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
All that drama surrounding the 6 teams for the final 2 playoff spots in the East and the ones that got in are on the verge of being swept in relatively convincing fashion (though I think Detroit would have given the Rangers a much better series than Washington)

Reactions: Kalv

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
i just think its hilarious that he and the oilers still havent made it that far. doesnt matter how many points you put up if you dont win.
he’s only 27 and they have a great shot to get there this year. Don’t get me wrong, they’ve been incompetent for sure, but there’s a lot of opportunity left for him to win. Lebron and Jordan didn’t win their 1st ring until they were about his age IIRC.

Regardless, my post was about McDavids dominance. And he IS dominating like no one has since Gretzky. It’s impressive

Vegas did it last year!
Didn’t know that. But I think the point somewhat still stands. They had Eichel and Stone who had both been PpG+ players in the not so distant past

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
i just think its hilarious that he and the oilers still havent made it that far. doesnt matter how many points you put up if you dont win.
Meh he can only do so much...

Also hell ya! GO ISLANDERS!.... do the reverse sweep

he’s only 27 and they have a great shot to get there this year. Don’t get me wrong, they’ve been incompetent for sure, but there’s a lot of opportunity left for him to win. Lebron and Jordan didn’t win their 1st ring until they were about his age IIRC.

Regardless, my post was about McDavids dominance. And he IS dominating like no one has since Gretzky. It’s impressive

Didn’t know that. But I think the point somewhat still stands. They had Eichel and Stone who had both been PpG+ players in the not so distant past
Fiala was PPG+ last year, hell kempe was 2 points off this year.

Kings issue is they dont really have a legit goalie.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
The big gun has finally shown up for them Isle boys to keep them around for one day more.

Barzal is a bit of an enigma to me, in that everyone thought that he would flourish once he got away from Trotz and just... hasn't, yet he still leaves me thinking he has room for more, despite the fact that he's 27 and this is essentially his absolute peak. Still a very good hockey player though, just hasn't broken through to the upper-echelon of forwards like many expected.

Reactions: Kalv

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Meh he can only do so much...

Also hell ya! GO ISLANDERS!.... do the reverse sweep

Fiala was PPG+ last year, hell kempe was 2 points off this year.

Kings issue is they dont really have a legit goalie.
If kempe and Fiala are your best forwards you might have trouble beating the elitist of teams who do have 1 or more guys significantly better than that. I’d say it’s as big of an issue as the goalies

Reactions: AngelDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad