Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That’s a completely different incident though, I’m talking about the cross check to the face. Using your hockey stick as a weapon to crush someone’s teeth in warrants a 1 or 2 game suspension IMHO.

As for the other incident, I also thought it was worth a 1 game suspension for excessive roughing.

Your fist can be considered weapons, especially if they're used behind your head while your down.

Reactions: dcyhabs

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Your fist can be considered weapons, especially if they're used behind your head while your down.
He never punched Panarin in back of the head.....ragged dolled him for sure, just like Chara vs Jovanovski but certainly wasn’t clocking him behind the head with force.

Let’s get this straight, I thought he should’ve gotten 1 game of excessive roughing, but that’s it.

He gave Buch a very light jab to the side of the face when he was down, there’s your fine, then ragged dolled Panarin who jumped on him from behind then he and another Cap starting shoving their gloves and sticks in his face.....of course he’s stronger so just powered through and tossed him around without ever taking off his gloves.

The danger there was Panarin really could’ve gotten hurt as he had no helmet. Wilson should’ve let up a bit, pin him on the ice till the linesman got there.

His use of excessive force vs a vulnerable player deserved 1 game.

It’s my view on it.....if you disagree that’s fine :)

Reactions: MasterDecoy

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Future HOF but quiet guy: Backstrom a lil over 1000 games played 20 points away from 1000 (point per game into his 30s), Cup winner. He has quietly been a top center in the league for over a decade

He's sort of like the Adam Oates of this era in the sense that he quietly did his thing while playing with one of the best goal scorers ever.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He never punched Panarin in back of the head.....ragged dolled him for sure, just like Chara vs Jovanovski but certainly wasn’t clocking him behind the head with force.

Let’s get this straight, I thought he should’ve gotten 1 game of excessive roughing, but that’s it.

He gave Buch a very light jab to the side of the face when he was down, there’s your fine, then ragged dolled Panarin who jumped on him from behind then he and another Cap starting shoving their gloves and sticks in his face.....of course he’s stronger so just powered through and tossed him around without ever taking off his gloves.

The danger there was Panarin really could’ve gotten hurt as he had no helmet. Wilson should’ve let up a bit, pin him on the ice till the linesman got there.

His use of excessive force vs a vulnerable player deserved 1 game.

It’s my view on it.....if you disagree that’s fine :)

This is all besides the point. This is Tom Wilson, he's a chronic repeat offender, it was the easiest thing to just suspend him for the rest of the year.
Ya, he didn't punch Panarin behind the head, he still ragdolled him and threw punches his way. Before that, he punch the back or side of a downed unsuspecting opponent, for no reason..completely gratuitous act.

You give him 0 game and 5k fine...ridiculous.
Rangers speak up about this..they get slapped with 250k.

We don't have to agree on this punishment to Wilson but this discrepancy in fines is beyond silliness.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
After reading alot from Jackets fan Seth Jones hockey gameplay is falling down a cliff

I remove what i said , don't give him everything!

Respectfully, Columbus has been a shitshow with Torts this year. He’s benched almost everyone including the ice dancers and Zamboni driver at some point. Laine is gone and likely Domi too if Torts isn’t canned. I’m guessing a fresh start for Seth Jones would do wonders. Werenski would likely benefit if Torts is gone too.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Weber to Seattle
Hamilton to Montreal as UFA?

:dunno:

Hamilton would be a great add on paper if his play stays similar to the last two seasons, but his personality feels like a mismatch for the city and team. If I were him I'd try to make it work in Carolina and attempt a potential HOF career there instead, he jives greatly with that squad.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Blues clinched a playoff spot tonight. They got a point vs Vegas and Kings lost to Colorado, so that becomes the 2nd division with 4 playoff teams set.

East it will be:

NYI vs Pens
Washington vs Boston

West it's:

St. Louis vs Vegas
Minnesota vs Colorado

If Nashville beats Carolina tomorrow night in any manner, they clinch.

If they do clinch, 1st round match-ups are

Nashville vs Carolina
Tampa Bay vs Florida

So Nashville/Carolina would end the season playing 2 games vs each other before starting a 7 game series.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
We all know Habs are getting swept. I’ll be cheering for Fla this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad