Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
When the leafs make it out of the Canadian division, Matthews will have a hard time being as performant.

The reality is, if the leafs get their top players shut down they will flame out. Just look at how the pens played against the Habs in the bubble, it's the same story.

The leafs IMO are a strawman team.
I'm not talking about the Leafs though, doesn't matter what teams you play against, scoring 18 goals in 20 games, at the NHL level is impressive no matter what and well worthy of mention.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Watching Toronto vs Edmonton depresses me. These teams have so many weapons and they can all skate.

Habs are built all wrong

Yeah both won the lottery and got franchise/generational talents. It’s tough to compare to the Habs who haven’t had a 1st overall pick since 1980. Both teams sucked hard before those picks.

Even if the Habs lucked out and won the 1st pick in the years they drafted 3rd, they would have ended up with Yakupov and Dahlin which wouldn’t have done much to help either.

Reactions: Tyson

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
That Subban shot deflected to Hischier... ouch!

Just as depressing is the Habs last 5 years..no?
Touché... but the Oilers have the best player in the world and Toronto has "the best team that ever hit an ice rink"... not the same expectations :sarcasm:

It's true that our two Conference Finals are far away now...

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Got the Leafs/Oilers game on but not really paying much attention to it but looks like Campbell is getting a shutout in his return from injury. Leafers have done a great job against McDavid and Drai so far.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Are the other divisions playing a similar style of hockey like the North games have been? The North games I've seen have pretty much been shinny hockey with little to no contact.

I hope the intensity of these North games pick up the closer we get to the playoffs because this isn't really all that interesting to me anymore. Yawn..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad