Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Even if the Isles win tonight it's still 2-2 going back to Tampa. The real point I was making was how hard it is to repeat cup wins. Pens and Wings are the only teams to do it since 1992.

Good call on the comeback though.

Oh it has to take its toll. There is no doubt about that. The Pens did the back to back but like you said, have not been able to do much since.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Even if the Isles win tonight it's still 2-2 going back to Tampa. The real point I was making was how hard it is to repeat cup wins. Pens and Wings are the only teams to do it since 1992.

Good call on the comeback though.

Pens and wings also did back to back finals with each team taking 1.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
This is why you dont want Tampa Bay. They have too many offensive weapons.

It's a no brainer
People scared of the Isles is like ehhh they'd be tough, but it would be NOTHING like facing tampa god
I get the mentality would be "but if Isles beat tampa in the series doesnt that make them the better team tho?" Not necessarily lol

Most of all, I simply rather want to face Varlamov over Vasilevski hands down

Isles D ain't bad and Palmieri would be a pain the ass sure.. but I can name 5 lightning players that would worry me way more

Reactions: dinodebino and CH25

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Not hockey related, but in stark contrast to what happened to Perry last night...

I'm watching NBA playoffs game 7 right now and one announcer just said this:

"I thought this was a foul. While the Nets player didn't touch Connaughton as he made the 3 point attempt, he clearly had his foot in his landing area, which is a foul. We're seeing the physicality ramp up here in game 7."

:laugh:

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Pens and wings also did back to back finals with each team taking 1.
I remember the second series well. Wings were going for the repeat and won game five easily to take a 3-2 lead (chased Fleury). Pens won game six and then Max Talbot scored 2 goals in game seven in Detroit (2-1 final). Haven't looked it up but it does seem rare in recent times that a team makes the finals again and gets a chance to repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad