Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know if I rather face Islanders...

Barzal and their other speedy forwards are gonna be a nightmare to play against.. Barzal especially.
Aside from the Barzal line they play a similar style as us. In fact, our Suzuki line is kind of like the Barzal line. Everything else is heavy.

So. Go Isles.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Aside from the Barzal line they play a similar style as us. In fact, our Suzuki line is kind of like the Barzal line. Everything else is heavy.

So. Go Isles.

Is that a good thing though?

They may be superior to us while playing a similar style, and we know how effective this style is..

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Barzal and their other speedy forwards are gonna be a nightmare to play against.. Barzal especially.

Geez people....let's wait a little shall we? Do you not remember that TO fans were also preparing the next round? And it was 3-1.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007

Yeah, I worry about them, too. They are still underrated by everyone, and I don't get it. I don't think they are an underdog at all. And then there is the Pageau factor.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal

So. Go Isles.

We'd have the edge in special teams and in net. They have the edge in coaching. The rest would be a wash.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Since the Pens won the cup in 2017 they have won one playoff series. The Caps and Blues haven't won any playoff series since they won their cups.

Bolts have already won two series since their cup win last summer, got to wonder though if all the games played in the last ~11 months if they will start to wear down a bit, especially playing a very physical Islanders team.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Since the Pens won the cup in 2017 they have won one playoff series. The Caps and Blues haven't won any playoff series since they won their cups.

Bolts have already won two series since their cup win last summer, got to wonder though if all the games played in the last ~11 months if they will start to wear down a bit, especially playing a very physical Islanders team.

Kucherov is the most rested player in the league and he looks like absolute garbage tonight. Just one of those games. You also can’t count them out, they could easily score 3 goals in 3 mins.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Sergachev just did a shitty pass that only got the puck out, but it was basically a turnover.

Habs fans if a hab d does that is they suck. Those same people think it's a solid play if a player on another team does it.

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore
...well, he has outshone Drouin in these Playoffs...just by showing up...
Drouin is a bit of a write-off at this point, I think that’s a pretty fair assessment. But Sergachev is not the future Norris trophy winner everyone makes him out to be. He’s a good offensive defender who gets points on a stacked team but he is a mess defensively.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Kucherov is the most rested player in the league and he looks like absolute garbage tonight. Just one of those games. You also can’t count them out, they could easily score 3 goals in 3 mins.
Even if the Isles win tonight it's still 2-2 going back to Tampa. The real point I was making was how hard it is to repeat cup wins. Pens and Wings are the only teams to do it since 1992.

Good call on the comeback though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad