Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
...WOW...Rod the Bod is getting peanuts to stay in North Carolina...that barely covers his Vitamin regiment, I imagine...:laugh:
At the same times, makes me wonder why most NHL Executives are fat as walruses.
They are supposed to lead, manage and coach an organization and team made up of some of the most high performing athletes in the world, wouldn't hurt if they as well took a little better care of themselves.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Zegras is the type of player I'd be happy to get in a package if I had to move Eichel.

Sabres should build up a young core anew. Owen Powers and Dahlin on Defense. Cozens and Zegras at center, plus all the other young pieces they're about to add.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Damn I know the Habs have been doing well in the playoffs but Gallant would have been great for us.

Yeah Gallant was getting hired somewhere this summer and Ducharme will be back as head coach next year.

Would love Gallant at some point in the future though.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Damn Tampa has insane skill. They won't be able to keep this team together for next season though

Tampa is a good example of some hypocrisy that goes on amongst hockey fans.

If a team has a crazy level of skill with tremendous talent pool, they are seen as exciting, but it completely glosses over the fact that a team like tampa can lock things down as well as anyone, and at this stage of the playoffs, if you can't play that way, then you just aren't going to make it to the end.

If a team like tampa clogs the ice, nobody says a peep, but if the isles do it, now it's considered a snoozefest all of a sudden.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Reinhart was drafted in 2012. By 2015 he was on the verge of being a reclamation prospect.

That's a significant distortion of the truth. He was 21 and still considered a strong prospect. Do you think Beaulieu or Tinordi were going to land us the 16 pick to draft Barzal? Beaulieu and Tinordi were 2 and 3 years older and not much further ahead in their careers despite the age difference.

In any event, it's a silly exercise to go back 6 years and say we should have traded for a prospect who went in the middle of the 1st. Every team in the NHL could have tried to do the same. The Bruins took Zboril, Debrusk, and Senyshen with picks 13,14,15 right before Barzal went at 16 and they're viewed as one of the top organizations in the NHL.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Zegras is the type of player I'd be happy to get in a package if I had to move Eichel.

Sabres should build up a young core anew. Owen Powers and Dahlin on Defense. Cozens and Zegras at center, plus all the other young pieces they're about to add.

I would have a hard time trading Zegras in a package for Eichel. Zegras has a chance to be the best player from the 2019 draft when all is said and done. He still has two years left on his entry level contract and I think he'll be a point per game player before it's over.

Taking short cuts usually doesn't pay off in this business.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
That's a significant distortion of the truth. He was 21 and still considered a strong prospect. Do you think Beaulieu or Tinordi were going to land us the 16 pick to draft Barzal? Beaulieu and Tinordi were 2 and 3 years older and not much further ahead in their careers despite the age difference.

In any event, it's a silly exercise to go back 6 years and say we should have traded for a prospect who went in the middle of the 1st. Every team in the NHL could have tried to do the same. The Bruins took Zboril, Debrusk, and Senyshen with picks 13,14,15 right before Barzal went at 16 and they're viewed as one of the top organizations in the NHL.
That trio of errors probably cost them a Cup.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Tampa is a good example of some hypocrisy that goes on amongst hockey fans.

If a team has a crazy level of skill with tremendous talent pool, they are seen as exciting, but it completely glosses over the fact that a team like tampa can lock things down as well as anyone, and at this stage of the playoffs, if you can't play that way, then you just aren't going to make it to the end.

If a team like tampa clogs the ice, nobody says a peep, but if the isles do it, now it's considered a snoozefest all of a sudden.
there's no hypocrisy there, it's pretty simple to understand. If teams like the Isles or Habs play some form of "trap" that's all they'll do the whole game and you can count on them for scoring garbage goals (if they score), Tampa ? (or other skilled teams) will not hesitate to show you their skills whenever they see an opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad