Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I think I'd rather Avs. We've had success shutting down younger highly offensive teams so far. Vegas are a totally different beast. They're 4 lines deep, big, fast with a strong goalie and can also defend with the best of them.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Can't believe we're there with the big boys. I mean, Tampa, LV, Avs, arguably the three best teams in the league. One is the Cup champ, one is an up an coming machine and the 3rd is uber poised to win as a veteran and mature team.

And then, there's the Isles.

And us! Us tabarnac! Can't believe it! :laugh::huh:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Wow! Congratulations to Uncle Lou and the NY Islanders. I was following them a few years ago and the present and future seemed so bleak during the Garth Snow era.

That fanbase deserve this playoff run and I’m glad they made it to the final 4. Absolutely phenomenal work by Lou Lamoriello building this team from scratch.

I hope they destroy Tampa Bay.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Wow! Congratulations to Uncle Lou and the NY Islanders. I was following them a few years ago and the present and future seemed so bleak during the Garth Snow era.

That fanbase deserve this playoff run and I’m glad they made it to the final 4. Absolutely phenomenal work by Lou Lamoriello building this team from scratch.

Now you're an Islanders fan too!
:D

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
I honestly understand why even this DPOS gave him 4 games. He probably bombed the hearing if these are his comments after the series.
I can imagine he showed or expressed no remorse and accountability, and I guess that is what the DPOS was looking for.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Man the atmosphere at the Isles game, like a Euro soccer game! Insane!

Bring on Tampa!
Islanders could be a great fit to cause them some problems. The big issue with facing Tampa is that you've gotta contain all their firepower AND beat Vasy, and he basically never gives up any weak goals and often stops a few he shouldn't.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bruins days were numbered with an aging core and a weak prospect pool. A few injuries and it showed against the Islanders. Big decisions to make for them in the off season.

Good times in Boston with all the sports leagues. That couldn't last forever! Glad to see the Bruins get knocked out even though I would have loved to see a Bruins/Habs Final

Reactions: DAChampion

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

A little extra salt in the wound for JT.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010

Thanks, glad to see you guys in the final 4 as well.

Since you beat the Leaves and we beat the whiny Bruins, you wanna touch tips or something?

Hopefully we’ll see you in the SCF.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Will Isles get their revenge on Tampa this year? They met last year in the ECF and Tampa won and then went on to win the Cup.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The one thing I didn't like that Tavares did was hold them hostage on his intentions. They could have traded him as a rental. That wasn't cool and karma is a bitch

Yeah, wasn’t it something like he told them he wanted to finish the season and good chance he’d resign? Either way, he coulda did the Isles a solid if he always wanted to go so that they’d get something back for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad