Out-of-town Scoreboard 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Only 3 goalies this year have hit double digits in stoppable goals for the first month of the season. It should be no surprise that it's Cam Ward (10), Mike Smith (10) and Jake Allen (11). Hellebuyck is real close with 9.

Alright, so it took me 3 hours to do this! I've went back through all my posts. I actually made a mistake on one. I had Niemi down one night as Price, so I had to take away one of Price's stoppable goals against and give it to Niemi. There's a few surprises in here. It's only one month into the season and some goalies have only played a few games, so save percentages aren't congruent with the eye test on some of these guys. Fleury, Holtby, Quick, Bobrovsky and Murray haven't played as bad on the eye test as they have on paper up to this point. Quick has only played 4 games. Brian Elliott actually hasn't either. 33% of the goals Mrazek has allowed have been stoppable. 100% of the goals Darling has allowed have been stoppable, but he's only played one game. Rask has been probably as bad on paper as he has on the eyes so far, as have Talbot and Jones. Rittich and Lehner have both played better on paper than they have on the eye test by my count. Hellebuyck has probably played even worse on the eyes than his save percentage, which is still below average, but not terrible. Varlamov has played as well on paper as he has on the eye test. 13 goals against and only 2 are stoppable. I have Miller, Rinne, Brossoit, Grubauer, Domingue and Stalock all down for exactly 0 stoppable goals so far. Most are backups with 4 or fewer starts and Rinne started 5 but has been injured. I have Crawford down for 1 stoppable goal out of 16 allowed. Price with only 3 stoppable out of 18 allowed. Hutchinson has been as bad as the stats suggest. 14 goals allowed and 6 are stoppable.

Now, for 2 hours of sleep! I'm gonna need a nap in between getting off work and the start of our game, but I did sleep like 2 hours already! At some point I'll post all the goalies, their save percentages for the month of October and the stoppable goals against and the percentage of goals allowed that were stoppable.

Reactions: Dialamo

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Tonight's goals against review from the one measly game we got.

Blackhawks vs Canucks: Markstrom allows 2 goals, 1 is stoppable. Crawford allows 3 goals and didn't really have a chance on any.

First goal on Markstrom is on a breakaway and Markstrom gets almost all of this puck in his pads, then he somehow loses it and falls down and it goes over the goal line. Second goal on Markstrom is definitely one where a screen is excusable for me.

Now I know someone might ask me, why wasn't Crawford dinged for being beaten glove side high on goal 1 against? This was on a breakaway and the shot was unloaded at way too close of a range for me to nail him on this one. This thing is going past him before he can even move his glove. He's only stopping this one if he can get a little lucky or anticipate this perfectly.

Goal 2 on him was close to stoppable, but I tend to be more forgiving of a goalie that's beaten stick side high than glove side high.

Goal 3 on Crawford may have went off his glove, I can only see one angle, but this looked to be one timed and from very close range. I can't in good conscience nail him on this one. Goal 2 was probably the closest to stoppable that he allowed tonight.

I think Crawford might actually still be at 0 stoppable goals against on the season for me. I'd have to go back and look. He did allow 6 the other night to St. Louis. I thought Allen looked worse on the eye test in that game.

If you have to look at a goal that many times to determine if it was "stoppable", it's probably because it wasn't

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Florida has been the better team in this first period, but Hellebuyck's been solid.

Meanwhile everything the Jets put on net looks like it could go in.

Reimer is flopping around on every shot. He's swimming.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If you have to look at a goal that many times to determine if it was "stoppable", it's probably because it wasn't
That’s not at all true.

I think you have to look at it multiple times or you shouldn’t be calling it stoppable. You have to look at it at least twice, unless it was that goal on Condon the other night.

You have to see if there was some kind of tip and from multiple angles. And see if there is a screen worth absolving blame on, etc.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
That Laine goal on the Nordiques tender is one you’ll like, Bleed. Pierre remarked he should have had it after gushing over Laine for 1 or 2 minutes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think I can definitely create an ''Expected bad goals against'' or ''Expected save percentage'' stat, especially when I see Elliott hasn't allowed as many poor goals as his save percentage suggests so far this season. Well there's one right there and I expect his softy count to go up.

Kovalchuk shot it, Elliott bobbled it, then Kovalchuk put it in.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Because you know who is gonna let us know if I don't first.

Two straight wins for the Rags, who now have as many wins as points as us this year!

Leaving out context and that we have 3 games in hand, because it obviously doesn't matter.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight. This will be a long one, there were 13 games today.

Devils vs Red Wings: 3 goals against Schneider, 2 are stoppable. 3 goals against Howard, no real chance on either. I think a screen is acceptable on goal 2.

Jets vs Panthers: 3 goals against Reimer, 1 is stoppable. 2 goals on Hellebuyck, no chance on either.

Sabres vs Senators: 3 goals on Hutton, 2 are stoppable. 2 goals on Anderson and no chance on either.

Predators vs Lightning: 3 goals against Vasilevskiy and no chance on any of them. 1 goal against Rinne and it's stoppable. His first stoppable goal allowed this season.

Stars vs Maple Leafs: 2 goals against Andersen, no chance on either. 1 goal against Khudobin and he had no chance on it.

Penguins vs Islanders: 2 goals against Greiss and no chance on either. 2 goals against Murray and no chance on either.

Golden Knights vs Blues: 5 goals against Fleury and 1 is stoppable. 3 goals against Allen and 1 is stoppable. It was a tip, but it went in so slow, I have to think we see tips like that saved at least once a game by each goalie on average.

Capitals vs Canadiens: 4 goals against Price and 1 is stoppable. 5 goals against Holtby and 3 are stoppable. The softy of the night is probably the game winner which came with 22.3 seconds left in regulation. Although I still haven't gotten to Cam Ward and Mike Smith's games, so maybe not. Miserable game for Holtby, who had a surprisingly low stoppable goal count for how low the save percentage is. Not after this game.

Blackhawks vs Oilers: 4 goals against Ward and 1 is stoppable. Koskinen with his first career shutout.

Avalanche vs Flames: 6 goals against Varlamov and 2 are stoppable. 5 goals against Smith and 2 are stoppable.

Flyers vs Kings: 2 goals against Elliott and 1 is stoppable. 4 goals against Campbell and 1 is stoppable. The stoppable goal I counted against Campbell doesn't look stoppable going in, but he had a chance to cover this puck and put it back into play right to Flyers players behind his net a few seconds before it was scored.

Rangers vs Ducks: 2 goals against Georgiev and no chance on either. 2 goals against Gibson and no chance on either. First Rangers goal beat Gibson 5-hole, but it's after a scramble and a lot of confusion. He's not even really in position yet as the shot comes at him. Can't ding him on that one.

Blues Jackets vs Sharks: 3 goals against Dell and 2 are stoppable. 1 goal against Bobrovsky and it's probably stoppable as it leaks through his arm. It's bouncing and it's not terrible, but he was in position for it and it leaks through.

72 goals scored on goalies tonight (I think?) and 20 stoppable goals? Holtby was the biggest offender tonight and softy of the night was the Canadiens game winner on him with 22.3 seconds left in regulation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dialamo

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Goals against review for tonight. This will be a long one, there were 13 games today.

Devils vs Red Wings: 3 goals against Schneider, 2 are stoppable. 3 goals against Howard, no real chance on either. I think a screen is acceptable on goal 2.

Jets vs Panthers: 3 goals against Reimer, 1 is stoppable. 2 goals on Hellebuyck, no chance on either.

Sabres vs Senators: 3 goals on Hutton, 2 are stoppable. 2 goals on Anderson and no chance on either.

Predators vs Lightning: 3 goals against Vasilevskiy and no chance on any of them. 1 goal against Rinne and it's stoppable. His first stoppable goal allowed this season.

Stars vs Maple Leafs: 2 goals against Andersen, no chance on either. 1 goal against Khudobin and he had no chance on it.

Penguins vs Islanders: 2 goals against Greiss and no chance on either. 2 goals against Murray and no chance on either.

Golden Knights vs Blues: 5 goals against Fleury and 1 is stoppable. 3 goals against Allen and 1 is stoppable. It was a tip, but it went in so slow, I have to think we see tips like that saved at least once a game by each goalie on average.

Capitals vs Canadiens: 4 goals against Price and 1 is stoppable. 6 goals against Holtby and 3 are stoppable. The softy of the night is probably the game winner which came with 22.3 seconds left in regulation. Although I still haven't gotten to Cam Ward and Mike Smith's games, so maybe not. Miserable game for Holtby, who had a surprisingly low stoppable goal count for how low the save percentage is. Not after this game.

Blackhawks vs Oilers: 4 goals against Ward and 1 is stoppable. Koskinen with his first career shutout.

Avalanche vs Flames: 6 goals against Varlamov and 2 are stoppable. 5 goals against Smith and 2 are stoppable.

Flyers vs Kings: 2 goals against Elliott and 1 is stoppable. 4 goals against Campbell and 1 is stoppable. The stoppable goal I counted against Campbell doesn't look stoppable going in, but he had a chance to cover this puck and put it back into play right to Flyers players behind his net a few seconds before it was scored.

Rangers vs Ducks: 2 goals against Georgiev and no chance on either. 2 goals against Gibson and no chance on either. First Rangers goal beat Gibson 5-hole, but it's after a scramble and a lot of confusion. He's not even really in position yet as the shot comes at him. Can't ding him on that one.

Blues Jackets vs Sharks: 3 goals against Dell and 2 are stoppable. 1 goal against Bobrovsky and it's probably stoppable as it leaks through his arm. It's bouncing and it's not terrible, but he was in position for it and it leaks through.

72 goals scored on goalies tonight (I think?) and 20 stoppable goals? Holtby was the biggest offender tonight and softy of the night was the Canadiens game winner on him with 22.3 seconds left in regulation.

6th one was an empty netter.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
6th one was an empty netter.
Thanks.

That was actually my mistake. I didn’t remember seeing him give up 6 goals but I turned the highlights off after that sixth goal and didn’t see the empty netter. I’ll edit that one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Go back to your comments on Detroit while we are at it
Oh my god.

Please tell me you're not hyping up Detroit and saying they're good now because of their winning streak?

Like your famous “Surging Senators” comment from last year after they had a 2-3 game winning steak.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Oh my god.

Please tell me you're not hyping up Detroit and saying they're good now because of their winning streak?

Like your famous “Surging Senators” comment from last year after they had a 2-3 game winning steak.

No one hyping, but seeing things said last week such as you should be thrown out of the league when losing to Detroit , then we actually lose to them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad