Out-of-town Scoreboard 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
He's shooting 43.8% right now.
I’m amazed that in this stat-crazed hockey environment we live in, the experts never seem to talk about unsustainable shooting percentages if they go against a narrative. Nobody talked about William Karlsson shooting well over 20% last season and nobody’s saying this about Pettersson now.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I’m amazed that in this stat-crazed hockey environment we live in, the experts never seem to talk about unsustainable shooting percentages if they go against a narrative. Nobody talked about William Karlsson shooting well over 20% last season and nobody’s saying this about Pettersson now.

And then when it regresses to norms the same "experts" will be like "What's wrong with Elias Petersson?".

Reactions: RangerDoggo

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They are not lucky shots.

Watch his highlights, he's creating a lot of odd man rushes with his speed and hockey sense

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Here's one for the Bleed files lol

Funny enough, I watched this as I was waiting to get out of the parking lot after the game. I got a text notification about Derek Stepan scoring a shorthanded goal from the blue line on CONDON. I thought it was gonna be a goal from his the opponents blue line and not his OWN blue line.:eek:

Condon is seriously like the worst goalie in the league (not just starter, worst GOALIE period! He's at least a strong candidate) and his suck goes under the radar because he plays for Ottawa and not even a mediocre team.

That might win the Cam Ward softy of the year award.

In the running for the Mr Universe Huge Bryz softy of the decade?
This is probably the softy of the entire season. This is worse than the center ice lob on Scott Darling last year against the the Rangers and that was the softy of last year.

It's gonna be hard to beat this one out for softy of the year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Martin Jones with a pathetic goal against tonight. The Sharks are being badly outplayed by the Rangers, by the looks of it.

I guess maybe Pete really does allow his team to no-show against the Rangers just to spite us?:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think I picked the wrong ny team to finish ahead of us.

Lou and Trotz have them playing good hockey.
Oh great.

Here we go again.

They are NOT playing good hockey, but I know the narrative won't change with you, no matter how they're winning.

The Islanders are one of the biggest overachievers so far this season. Remember that chart posted earlier today? They're really the PDO kings so far.

Like that year Ottawa was getting outshot by everyone badly and still winning? They eventually fell apart by December.

Sometimes, teams will make the playoffs playing like this, before finishing in the basement the next year. See the 2013 Maple Leafs and the 13-14 Avalanche.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Oh great.

Here we go again.

The Islanders are one of the biggest overachievers so far this season. Remember that chart posted earlier today? They're really the PDO kings so far.

Like that year Ottawa was getting outshot by everyone badly and still winning? They eventually fell apart by December.

Sometimes, teams will make the playoffs playing like this, before finishing in the basement the next year. See the 2013 Maple Leafs and the 13-14 Avalanche.

They are playing great hockey right now and on the road.

Detroit with a quality win tonight too over Cbj

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They are playing great hockey right now and on the road.

Detroit with a quality win tonight too over Cbj
You're totally wrong with this, they are NOT playing good hockey, but believe that if you want.

They're getting outshot by a lot every night.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jones outplayed by Lundqvist.

Big surprise.

Mediocre Martin Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad