Out of Town: Off-Season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
His best is not 7 million worthy

How much did you think he was going to get? You've bought his best years in theory, and the cap keeps going up. As of today, it's about 7.8% of the total cap, and it will probably become a smaller share as the contract progresses. His previous hit was 5.5 mil, and I think the cap has gone way up since he signed that deal.

Reactions: Redux91

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
How much did you think he was going to get? You've bought his best years in theory, and the cap keeps going up. As of today, it's about 7.8% of the total cap, and it will probably become a smaller share as the contract progresses. His previous hit was 5.5 mil, and I think the cap has gone way up since he signed that deal.

6-6.25

member 300185

To be honest it wasn't as close as you might think. Kuznetsov had 5 more points than Ovechkin but Ovechkin had 15 goals to Kuznetsov's 12. Generally goals are worth more than assists so I am fine with Ovi winning the Conn Smythe. The problem with Crosby is that when he won it back to back both times he was out produced by Malkin last year and Kessel the year before. How is that fair?
You can have a goal without an assist, but you can't have an assist without a goal.

Reactions: Redux91

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't know if this has been posted but just in case there was any doubt ...

Asked if it was safe to assume the Canes would take Svechnikov, Waddell said, “If we were sitting there right now and nothing changes, I would would say it’s pretty safe that’s the player we would pick.” ...

But what about the Canes trading the No. 2 pick? That’s been discussed as the Canes, who won the NHL Draft Lottery to jump up to the No. 2 pick, have kept their options open. Is it safe to assume the Canes will use the No. 2 pick?

“As I’ve told everybody, we think we’re going to get a very top-end player, so you’d have to put something on the table that would blow us away to say, ‘This makes more sense,’ " Waddell said. "But I think it’s going to be very difficult to do."

Waddell, who has talked to numerous general managers in the past month, said nothing has reached the “blow us away” level.
“Not even close,” he said.

Canes GM says it's a safe bet that young star Svechnikov will be team's draft pick

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The dismantling of the Habs by the GM really came to light while watching Lars Eller’s play in the playoffs. Therrien had a major hand in the destruction. Why Bergevin is still GM after all of the damage is the real question
We all saw, what Therrien was doing to Eller, and continuing his man love for DD..............Eller and Chucky both lost out here...and of course, eventually the team lost, big time...both Therrien and MB are clowns, the more time they are given, the more it becomes obvious...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The dismantling of the Habs by the GM really came to light while watching Lars Eller’s play in the playoffs. Therrien had a major hand in the destruction. Why Bergevin is still GM after all of the damage is the real question

He's still there because the guy providing the oversight knows nothing about hockey. Apparantly he has expertise about hotdogs though.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
“The trade matured him”

As mixed as I am about Julien right now, I think Eller’s the kind of guy who would’ve thrived under him. Unfortunately, we built a team for Michel Therrien, who would probably still be here if Bergevin has his way.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Detroit, LA and San-Jose are all teams that should be looking at rebuilding but having Kovalchuk on your team is too good to turn down I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad