Out of Town: Off-Season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I took the liberty of searching the forum for when we got and traded DSP.

Basically, "When Sekac becomes top end, we'll regret this"

followed by "Even if Matteau does nothing he's at DSPs level of impact"

The last week "We lost a good player!"

Eller though, that's fair game. DSP...boy.

Gotta give them both some love, they had a huge back to back goals to get the win for ovie. As a big Ovechkin fan, it's all love now.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
969467722.jpg

Sword

May 26, 2014
Funny thing is I remember watching DSP scoring all those goals as a Duck against the Stars in the playoffs and thought the Habs needed a player like that. I liked Sekac, but didn't mind the trade.

TJ Oshie was a beast in the playoffs, I really became a big fan of his, I couldn't believe that some Blues fans used to say he was soft.

One guy here used to say Eller was one of the worst players in the league, he even trashed him when he got his contract extension with the Caps. I'm not going to name the guy.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I took the liberty of searching the forum for when we got and traded DSP.

Basically, "When Sekac becomes top end, we'll regret this"

followed by "Even if Matteau does nothing he's at DSPs level of impact"

The last week "We lost a good player!"

Eller though, that's fair game. DSP...boy.

Gotta give them both some love, they had a huge back to back goals to get the win for ovie. As a big Ovechkin fan, it's all love now.

DSP is what he is. A 7 goal a year 4th liner that has twice now stepped up big time in the playoffs. That's no coincidence.

He's not someone who should be healthy scratched in the regular season. But imo, he's still a 4th liner.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I'm confused, what are you saying we lacked? A playoff stud?

We've had a few, Eller included.

We’ve traded away our playoff studs. My comment wasn’t edited which is why it’s a mess. DSP is not someone anyone should lose sleep over, but since we have a management team that takes pride in depth players stepping up in the playoffs, it makes guys like DSP look that much more valuable, especially when you acquire players like Ott, King, and Martinsen.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Malkin should've won Conn Smythe last year and Kuznetsov this year. But no.....gotta give it to Crosby and Ovi. Although I did enjoy seeing Ovi get the Smythe

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Malkin should've won Conn Smythe last year and Kuznetsov this year. But no.....gotta give it to Crosby and Ovi. Although I did enjoy seeing Ovi get the Smythe

To be honest it wasn't as close as you might think. Kuznetsov had 5 more points than Ovechkin but Ovechkin had 15 goals to Kuznetsov's 12. Generally goals are worth more than assists so I am fine with Ovi winning the Conn Smythe. The problem with Crosby is that when he won it back to back both times he was out produced by Malkin last year and Kessel the year before. How is that fair?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
So Eller was the best forward in our ECF and Subban our best defenseman so instead of adding to them we trade them away and you think this is normal behavior?

I'm not sure where I even mentioned that.

I was just paying respect to other playoff performers like Koivu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad