Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Same was true of PK and Weber.
Weber was and is a notch below.
Then as now, the human component is weighed in with the raw ability. Don't mean to sound like a fortune cookie, but you know as well as I do that some trades are about more than on-paper skills.

Karlsson seems like a genuinely likeable, classy guy. I hope he finds a franchise that appreciates him.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Karlsson had 1 year left and will probably make over 12 million. No doubt Karlsson is the best dman in the league, but Preds should be looking at other improvements, especially upfront.
Yeah, I agree. It makes no sense to dismantle their defence. They should be looking at offensive depth and grooming their next starting goalie.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, I agree. It makes no sense to dismantle their defence. They should be looking at offensive depth and grooming their next starting goalie.
It also makes no sense to trade the best dman who was one of the few bright spots in the playoff run. Need to make a serious push for offense and probably a goalie.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It also makes no sense to trade the best dman who was one of the few bright spots in the playoff run. Need to make a serious push for offense and probably a goalie.
I won't even guess what's happening with Subban in Nashville. Hopefully the rumours are just noise.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I watched the last 2 periods, the higher echelons of the Leafs were there, now back to the WC that will start for real tomorrow.

Only one Leaf regular, Travis Dermott ... but there are a lot of young ones that look like they'll soon be on the Leafs. Anyway, at least a hockey win of sorts for Canada.

Back to the road to the WC ... that really starts on Sunday with Germany against Mexico. The rest are just filler matches. :D

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Only one Leaf regular, Travis Dermott ... but there are a lot of young ones that look like they'll soon be on the Leafs. Anyway, at least a hockey win of sorts for Canada.

Back to the road to the WC ... that really starts on Sunday with Germany against Mexico. The rest are just filler matches. :D

I meant Dubas, Babcock etc.

Sweden will beat Germany like they did in the 1958 WC! :thumbu:

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I meant Dubas, Babcock etc.

Sweden will beat Germany like they did in the 1958 WC! :thumbu:

LOL ... but one never knows, anything can happen in a World Cup game. They are all good teams just to get there. :)

Oh ... wait ... in 1958, it was only West Germany, half of Germany playing then. In 1974 East Germany even played against West Germany. Now it's the full reunited country and better together. :D

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Then as now, the human component is weighed in with the raw ability. Don't mean to sound like a fortune cookie, but you know as well as I do that some trades are about more than on-paper skills.

Karlsson seems like a genuinely likeable, classy guy. I hope he finds a franchise that appreciates him.
Hmm..not sure what you are getting at. Subban looks very likable and classy to me.
Don't buy into the media BS man. Stay above.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
They way they make a serious push for offense is by trading Pernell, it will happen at some point. I don't think he had that great of a playoffs. Was very average vs Colorado and got pwned quite a few times vs Jets.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Hmm..not sure what you are getting at. Subban looks very likable and classy to me.
Don't buy into the media BS man. Stay above.
I agree. Subban's one of my favourite players in the league. But beyond whatever you and I think and the media reports, get a bunch of young guys together for long enough and you'll get issues, arguments, fights, cliques, etc. I'm not pointing fingers at PK. That's how it is with sports teams, rock bands, committees, families, pretty well everyone. The difference in sports is that trading a player is easier/faster than firing an employee or disowning a relative.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I agree. Subban's one of my favourite players in the league. But beyond whatever you and I think and the media reports, get a bunch of young guys together for long enough and you'll get issues, arguments, fights, cliques, etc. I'm not pointing fingers at PK. That's how it is with sports teams, rock bands, committees, families, pretty well everyone. The difference in sports is that trading a player is easier/faster than firing an employee or disowning a relative.

There is no reason to think or believe there is any rifts in Nashville with PK and someone else.

I mean, the same people were claiming that PK was stirring crap in Nashville last season, like a day after he got there.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I won't even guess what's happening with Subban in Nashville. Hopefully the rumours are just noise.

FWIW, my co-workers in Nashville say there is nothing to this. It’s been brought up (trades), but so has the names Rinne, RyJo, Turris, etc. I asked them point blank on one of our team meeting calls on Tuesday, so it’s recent.

Like the rest of us, they are just fans though so Poile might very well be cooking something.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad