Out of Town: Off-Season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Rumors are rumors...they are not guarantees of a deal being struck.

People like you still have trouble understanding that.

Thankfully, I don't...I don't hang on his every word expecting every deal he mentions to go down.

Thanks for your concern though.

It's not legitimate though. Eklund and Bob and Insidrrr and others are just Bat Boy Enquirer. But you land a few guesses and suddenly get a following.

But hey, if you wanna believe in astrology go for it.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He seems to be joking around, referencing the whole Bergevin/Subban thing from 2 years ago.

But just to clarify, there's no rumor that Poile is shopping Subban. No insider (credible or not) ever said that. The only stuff we heard is some people *think* the Preds will be tempted to trade Subban at some point, because of his salary and his over-the-top personality.

I know everybody is talking about rumors of Subban being traded, and some people will say "where there's smoke...", but there is litterally no real rumor about Subban being available. Just media people either having fun with possible trade scenarios, or random hockey blogs using Subban as a clickbait.

Well can’t same be said about Pacioretty? Even at deadline everyone was certain he’d be gone but they often said “were hearing nothing”. MB hasn’t said he’s gone either. Yet he’s expected to be traded and we go with it.

I have no clue about Subban but what you’re saying isn’t exclusive to him. Happens with a lot of players. There’s a logic behind moving him but is there a will to do so? I’m doubtful.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's not legitimate though. Eklund and Bob and Insidrrr and others are just Bat Boy Enquirer. But you land a few guesses and suddenly get a following.

But hey, if you wanna believe in astrology go for it.
He hasn't landed a "few" guesses...he's been ahead of things on MULTIPLE occasions.

And again, this is entertainment for me...that's all.

I'm not taking anything he says to heart. It's rumors, not solemn oaths.

I think you're just salty cause he's talking about your infatuation being traded

That's on you.

Reactions: scrubadam

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
He hasn't landed a "few" guesses...he's been ahead of things on MULTIPLE occasions.

And again, this is entertainment for me...that's all.

I'm not taking anything he says to heart. It's rumors, not solemn oaths.

I think you're just salty cause he's talking about your infatuation being traded

That's on you.

Are you kidding me? I love it.

I want every fake rumour monger to say Subban is getting traded.

Can't get a better guarantee he's sticking around than that.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Well Dave P (sorry don't know his last name) on TSN 690 sunday show said there were rumors and that Polie was taking calls on PK since Feb. He also said that the same situation in MTL with half the team/management not liking PK was happening in NASH.

Then you have TSN putting it in their trade bait story, and ICB tweeting about it. So yes there are rumors that are not originating from HF/MTL fans.

This is not to say PK will be traded. On 690 Dave said that it would take a really good offer to move PK.

Dave P (Pagnotta) was on a Preds podcast not long ago to talk about that "story" and he said he never implied that Subban was on the trade block, he just thinks Nashville will, at some point, trade Subban because of his contract situation and because of the interest those other teams have in Subban.

So basically, it's all fun talk and stuff, but saying other teams are interested in Subban, and it would take a really good offer to convince Poile to trade PK, that kind of applies to every player in this league.

After that inital interview on TSN 690, people have re-posted it and made articles about it, and said "Subban on trade block after dressing room conflict", that's just click bait material. No insider (credible or not) ever said Subban was on trade block. Unless I missed something?

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Well can’t same be said about Pacioretty? Even at deadline everyone was certain he’d be gone but they often said “were hearing nothing”. MB hasn’t said he’s gone either. Yet he’s expected to be traded and we go with it.

I have no clue about Subban but what you’re saying isn’t exclusive to him. Happens with a lot of players. There’s a logic behind moving him but is there a will to do so? I’m doubtful.

I'm not sure about Pacioretty's situation, all I heard was those rumors you read everywhere, but did any credible insider ever said anything specific about it?

In Subban's case, no insider ever said the Preds were looking to trade him. It just came from people re-interpretating stuff they hear on the radio and stuff.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Dave P (Pagnotta) was on a Preds podcast not long ago to talk about that "story" and he said he never implied that Subban was on the trade block, he just thinks Nashville will, at some point, trade Subban because of his contract situation and because of the interest those other teams have in Subban.

So basically, it's all fun talk and stuff, but saying other teams are interested in Subban, and it would take a really good offer to convince Poile to trade PK, that kind of applies to every player in this league.

After that inital interview on TSN 690, people have re-posted it and made articles about it, and said "Subban on trade block after dressing room conflict", that's just click bait material. No insider (credible or not) ever said Subban was on trade block. Unless I missed something?

Well again I was going off of what I heard on 690 that sunday and to me it sounds like he is back tracking on what he said. I don't remember that interview word for word but I remember him clearly saying the same issues he had in Montreal are in Nash, half the team/management like him half don't. Then off memory he mentioned Feburary and Polie taking calls but wanting a knock your socks off offer. He then ended it by saying PK won't finish his career in Nash (with pretty much a gurantee) but he isn't saying he will be traded this off season.

Anyways I could re listen since it should be archived on 690, but then Dave was the one who started all this and now he is backtracking on it.

Moral of the story don't start rumors you want to take back at a later date.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Imagine for a second, just a second, if we had the off season drama going on, that has hit the Sens?

Can't be much worse than "the darkest day in Habs history". Who was it crying on TV again, Demers? LMAO good times. That year was crazy: darkest day in history, Hossa's gloves, rumors of Carbo punching Price for sleeping with underage girls, etc etc etc.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Well again I was going off of what I heard on 690 that sunday and to me it sounds like he is back tracking on what he said. I don't remember that interview word for word but I remember him clearly saying the same issues he had in Montreal are in Nash, half the team/management like him half don't. Then off memory he mentioned Feburary and Polie taking calls but wanting a knock your socks off offer. He then ended it by saying PK won't finish his career in Nash (with pretty much a gurantee) but he isn't saying he will be traded this off season.

Anyways I could re listen since it should be archived on 690, but then Dave was the one who started all this and now he is backtracking on it.

Moral of the story don't start rumors you want to take back at a later date.

You have a good memory, you can actually hear the initial interview in the link I posted, right at the start of it. You got it mostly right though. But then he got interviewed by those Nashville guys and he "changed" his story. Well, he didn't really change his story, but he probably realized it got blown out of proportion and he had to be careful.

Reactions: Pickles and Peanut

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
You have a good memory, you can actually hear the initial interview in the link I posted, right at the start of it. You got it mostly right though. But then he got interviewed by those Nashville guys and he "changed" his story. Well, he didn't really change his story, but he probably realized it got blown out of proportion and he had to be careful.

I will listen later, not able to now, but thanks for letting me know my memory isn't completly destroyed yet :) I guess still a few more days till we legalize it if you know what I mean :)

I guess he plays to his audience. He knows people in Montreal would want to hear some juicy PK stuff, while in Nash they want just some status quo.

Overall seems like TSN is pushing this narrative, starting with 690, then to their website listing PK as trade bait. Anything for clicks I guess during a slow summer. Since JT is probably not going to TO they have to keep their readership engaged somehow.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't know how much worse it would be, I think so many Hab fans have already tuned out until MB is fired.

I felt we kept MT too long and it handicapped us. Keeping Bergevin is apropos to death...
gonna need a good witch doctor after his demise.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It definitely could be worse. Whatever Habs have issues in are hockey related. Whatever is happening in Ottawa is a lot more off-ice drama.

We can't evaluate any players during Therrien era. He would put a player on first line, then next shift fourth line, then benched. Therrien was an idiot that made millions because an even bigger idiot thought he was good.

The amount of heat I amongst others took in the Therrien thread was classic. I kept insisting he was pulling points out of his ass to pad his record instead of developing a team. All to little or no avail.

Reactions: Pickles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad