Out of Town: Off-Season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
IBN on twitter in reponse to the Athletic article where David Poile denied rumors that he's shopping PK Subban...

"So in other words, he's available, everyone around the league knows this so they are probably waiting for you to initiate + locker room issues again"

Interesting...

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
IBN on twitter in reponse to the Athletic article where David Poile denied rumors that he's shopping PK Subban...

"So in other words, he's available, everyone around the league knows this so they are probably waiting for you to initiate + locker room issues again"

Interesting...

Is it? This is IBN we're talking about here.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
“Ibn” ?
IBN = Incarcerated Bob

He has a twitter account and posts a ton of insider stuff on MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL. He's a huge Isles fan.

I've been following him for years and he's been way ahead of things compared to other "insiders"...even the recent appointment of Lou Lamoriello as GM of the Isles, IBN reported that weeks before anyone in the mainstream started hinting at it.

He usually has more info on MLB, NFL and NBA...but every offseason or trade deadline, he's usually good for some NHL news as well.

Reactions: blarneylad

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Wouldn't people be inclined to believe the opposite? That Karlsson's wife is the one going crazy?
She is the one imagining things? Isn't she the one that just went through a severe traumatic stress?
Well her husband has seen the trash-talking posts on social media so that's not a figment of her imagination.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
IBN = Incarcerated Bob

He has a twitter account and posts a ton of insider stuff on MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL. He's a huge Isles fan.

I've been following him for years and he's been way ahead of things compared to other "insiders"...even the recent appointment of Lou Lamoriello as GM of the Isles, IBN reported that weeks before anyone in the mainstream started hinting at it.

He usually has more info on MLB, NFL and NBA...but every offseason or trade deadline, he's usually good for some NHL news as well.
Where do I find his stuff online?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Where do I find his stuff online?
look up his twitter handle "incarcerated bob"...I think he's been banned from posting here though, for some reason, i'm not sure (he's often crapping on HFboards because of it).

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
look up his twitter handle "incarcerated bob"...I think he's been banned from posting here though, for some reason, i'm not sure (he's often crapping on HFboards because of it).

I don't recall Bob ever posting here. The issue was that he was not considered a legit insider by HF, so his rumours posted by members here were not considered kosher.

It seems that line hard line must have softened over time. I think his record speaks for itself in all major NA sports.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't recall Bob ever posting here. The issue was that he was not considered a legit insider by HF, so his rumours posted by members here were not considered kosher.

It seems that line hard line must have softened over time. I think his record speaks for itself in all major NA sports.
Yeah sorry...he wasn't banned from posting here but his rumors were not allowed to be posted as he was not considered a legit insider by HF as you said.

Which is something, because as I said, I been following him for years and no one has come close to getting things right as much as he has.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Yeah sorry...he wasn't banned from posting here but his rumors were not allowed to be posted as he was not considered a legit insider by HF as you said.

Which is something, because as I said, I been following him for years and no one has come close to getting things right as much as he has.

I've followed him on Twitter as well, and he definitely has regular accurate inside information regarding top professional leagues in NA.

Because he deals with odds makers (and therefore ties to gambling), his posse of informants likely runs as deep into professional teams as anyone's.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017

Interesting...

He seems to be joking around, referencing the whole Bergevin/Subban thing from 2 years ago.

But just to clarify, there's no rumor that Poile is shopping Subban. No insider (credible or not) ever said that. The only stuff we heard is some people *think* the Preds will be tempted to trade Subban at some point, because of his salary and his over-the-top personality.

I know everybody is talking about rumors of Subban being traded, and some people will say "where there's smoke...", but there is litterally no real rumor about Subban being available. Just media people either having fun with possible trade scenarios, or random hockey blogs using Subban as a clickbait.

Reactions: Peanut

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
It makes perfect sense. You think people with money are LESS deranged then people without it?
Exactly. And crazy rich people are infinitely more difficult to deal with than crazy poor people. Poor people in general can be ignored or marginalized. People with money are able to indulge their craziness and usually have enablers around them. The current POTUS is a perfect example. If he didn't have money he'd just be someone's crazy racist uncle who ruins Thanksgiving dinner every year. But he's rich so he's now able to start World War 3 and end life as we know it.

If Hoffman's gf didn't have money she'd be far too busy working at a dead end job just to pay her rent and wouldn't have any time to create all those burner accounts on social media.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

He throws a ridiculous amount of darts at the board and folks like yourself only remember the ones that get close to the centre.

Reactions: Peanut

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
If Poile does trade Subban, it will be for a center. It remains Nashville's biggest remaining weakness.

Unlike Montreal, who just downgraded at the same position because they could.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
He seems to be joking around, referencing the whole Bergevin/Subban thing from 2 years ago.

But just to clarify, there's no rumor that Poile is shopping Subban. No insider (credible or not) ever said that. The only stuff we heard is some people *think* the Preds will be tempted to trade Subban at some point, because of his salary and his over-the-top personality.

I know everybody is talking about rumors of Subban being traded, and some people will say "where there's smoke...", but there is litterally no real rumor about Subban being available. Just media people either having fun with possible trade scenarios, or random hockey blogs using Subban as a clickbait.

Very true but people love to speculate oh well believe what you want to believe I suppose

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He throws a ridiculous amount of darts at the board and folks like yourself only remember the ones that get close to the centre.
Rumors are rumors...they are not guarantees of a deal being struck.

People like you still have trouble understanding that.

Thankfully, I don't...I don't hang on his every word expecting every deal he mentions to go down. It's entertaining for me, I like reading/hearing about rumors...

Its fun for me...I'm not expecting the rumor monger to guarantee what he's saying in blood.

Also, I remember the ones he's hit on...that list is so long I wouldn't even know where to begin. When mainstream media caught on to Lou becoming GM of the isles a few weeks ago, I had gotten a heads up months ago.

You can sit by your PC waiting for Bob McKenzie to give u a morsel or two of a rumor every few weeks...I'm good with IBN

Thanks for your concern though.

Last edited:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Well Dave P (sorry don't know his last name) on TSN 690 sunday show said there were rumors and that Polie was taking calls on PK since Feb. He also said that the same situation in MTL with half the team/management not liking PK was happening in NASH.

Then you have TSN putting it in their trade bait story, and ICB tweeting about it. So yes there are rumors that are not originating from HF/MTL fans.

This is not to say PK will be traded. On 690 Dave said that it would take a really good offer to move PK.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
If Poile does trade Subban, it will be for a center. It remains Nashville's biggest remaining weakness.

Unlike Montreal, who just downgraded at the same position because they could.

which I find hilarious considering they traded Jones for RJ, signed Bonino, and then traded more pieces for Turris.

Yet somehow they are still weak down the middle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad