Out of Town: Off-Season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Got deleted, pretty much the same as what the other 4 wives said.

I wonder how all of this will end up.

This is eerily much like the story of many people suffering from delusional disorders. They think another party loves them (someone famous, usually), rationnalize why theyre rejected and end up loathing the significant other, even if they themselves are in relationships. All of this usually ends up in court with restraining orders and a visit to the psych ward. Theres a Quebecois actress to whom it happened (she was stalking Alec Baldwin).

I mean, even for severe personality disorders, this is too much.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

This is eerily much like the story of many people suffering from delusional disorders. They think another party loves them (someone famous, usually), rationnalize why theyre rejected and end up loathing the significant other, even if they themselves are in relationships. All of this usually ends up in court with restraining orders and a visit to the psych ward. Theres a Quebecois actress to whom it happened (she was stalking Alec Baldwin).

This is just one thing that got leaked. Imagine all the other stuff that didn't go public...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Got deleted, pretty much the same as what the other 4 wives said.

We've been losing forum content on account of subsequent deletions on twitter.

There ought to be a way for this site to store a tweet even if its source ends up deleting it.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Brennan: Senators will suffer greatly until truth comes out in the Karlsson-Hoffman story

“We’ve been aware of this situation for months,” said Mike Luit, the managing director of the hockey division at Octagon Agency, which represents Hoffman. “This happened at the end of the year. We’ve been very clear with the club. I’ve talked to the players’ association about it. We’ve been very up front about Mike’s support of Monika and denial of what’s going on. He told that to Erik face-to-face at the end of the season.
“Mike has made himself available to get to the bottom of it. Cyber-bullying in our society is not good. It’s bad. This is epidemic. That’s certainly not something Mike and Monika is going to engage in.
“It’s been very perplexing for them. They’ve been very supportive of the Karlssons, and what has gone on, notwithstanding the accusation, and are really mystified as to how this is landing on Monika.
“Mike is not involved. He’s supporting Monika, and they’ve done some research. They clearly want to find out who this is (that’s responsible.)”

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We've been losing forum content on account of subsequent deletions on twitter.

There ought to be a way for this site to store a tweet even if its source ends up deleting it.
It would be difficult. Also I'm positive Mark Stone wanted her to take it down IMMEDIATELY

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

Érotomanie — Wikipédia

I think it can only be directed towards someone of the sex(es) you are attracted to. You can have some sort of paranoid obsession but erotomania implies romantic feelings so I dont think it's this syndrom in this particular case (Hoffman's fiancee). Could be tho that she loves Ms Karlsson, but thatd be even worser news for Hoffman lmao...

I made a joke to my brother earlier but the more I think of it the more I consider that maybe... maybe they were set-up to lower value of the players or put pressure on the Sens and decrease their negotiation power. We're talking about millions and millions of dollars in play and the most valuable and talented blue-liner in the world. Some people get killed for WAY smaller sums of money than that lol. How cheap it is to just pay a kid to post shit on social media and make someone else where the hat. Everybody knows EK is having a rough year and his future with the team is fragile, this thing could be the last straw. Even if its revealed to be fake, just the drama. But that's just tinfoil hat-territory haha. We'll see I guess. This organisation is a mess. Nothing would surprise me anymore. Poor Karlsson. Hope he gets a shot with a contender sooner than later.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Brennan: Senators will suffer greatly until truth comes out in the Karlsson-Hoffman story

“We’ve been aware of this situation for months,” said Mike Luit, the managing director of the hockey division at Octagon Agency, which represents Hoffman. “This happened at the end of the year. We’ve been very clear with the club. I’ve talked to the players’ association about it. We’ve been very up front about Mike’s support of Monika and denial of what’s going on. He told that to Erik face-to-face at the end of the season.
“Mike has made himself available to get to the bottom of it. Cyber-bullying in our society is not good. It’s bad. This is epidemic. That’s certainly not something Mike and Monika is going to engage in.
“It’s been very perplexing for them. They’ve been very supportive of the Karlssons, and what has gone on, notwithstanding the accusation, and are really mystified as to how this is landing on Monika.
“Mike is not involved. He’s supporting Monika, and they’ve done some research. They clearly want to find out who this is (that’s responsible.)”
I really want to believe hoffman. My 2 favorite sens, ek and hoffman. I'd trade him for pacioretty in a heartbeat. (No girlfriend included)

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Wow, this makes Pateryn's gf stuff look meek in comparison. Gotta feel bad for Sens fans witnessing their team implode in the past 12 months.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Érotomanie — Wikipédia

I think it can only be directed towards someone of the sex(es) you are attracted to. You can have some sort of paranoid obsession but erotomania implies romantic feelings so I dont think it's this syndrom in this particular case (Hoffman's fiancee). Could be tho that she loves Ms Karlsson, but thatd be even worser news for Hoffman lmao...

I made a joke to my brother earlier but the more I think of it the more I consider that maybe... maybe they were set-up to lower value of the players or put pressure on the Sens and decrease their negotiation power. We're talking about millions and millions of dollars in play and the most valuable and talented blue-liner in the world. Some people get killed for WAY smaller sums of money than that lol. How cheap it is to just pay a kid to post **** on social media and make someone else where the hat. Everybody knows EK is having a rough year and his future with the team is fragile, this thing could be the last straw. Even if its revealed to be fake, just the drama. But that's just tinfoil hat-territory haha. We'll see I guess. This organisation is a mess. Nothing would surprise me anymore. Poor Karlsson. Hope he gets a shot with a contender sooner than later.
Wouldn't people be inclined to believe the opposite? That Karlsson's wife is the one going crazy?
She is the one imagining things? Isn't she the one that just went through a severe traumatic stress?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I feel bad for the Karlsson's, especially his wife but 150% LOL @ the Sens.

We've dealt with plenty of off ice stuff and they've always kicked us when we were down.

Reactions: 417

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The Sens WAGs are coming out in droves now commenting on how messed up Hoffman’s GF is. This was obviously known to the team and their wives. The fact Hoffman did nothing makes him a big f***ing ZERO.

If Sens get a bag of pucks, the other team is paying too much. Hoffman will have to dump her if he hopes a team will pick him up.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Sens WAGs are coming out in droves now commenting on how messed up Hoffman’s GF is. This was obviously known to the team and their wives. The fact Hoffman did nothing makes him a big ****ing ZERO.

If Sens get a bag of pucks, the other team is paying too much. Hoffman will have to dump her if he hopes a team will pick him up.

Going to take a while for Hoffman to shake this image off that his GF created for him. What a mess! I hate the Sens but feel bad for them. Dark years ahead for that franchise

Reactions: DAChampion

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
But it's crazy when you think about it... why spend countless hours harassing her with fake accounts ? She's got a lot of money to play around with.... yet she chose to do that ? It makes no sense.
That's the question that i'm asking myself...

WHY, if what is alleged is true, why is she doing that? Nothing justifies the nasty comments she wrote, but I think it's important to know why this situation occurred.

Unless she's mentally unstable and just decided to harass the Karlsson's for no good reason, there has to be a reason.

Reactions: Laurentide

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
But it's crazy when you think about it... why spend countless hours harassing her with fake accounts ? She's got a lot of money to play around with.... yet she chose to do that ? It makes no sense.

Because too much money, too much time and not enough meaningful things to fill your miserable life leads to trying to create conflict and take shots at people you're jealous of. This happens way more when you have the time and money because you have the time to do it.

Reactions: Laurentide

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm so curious to find out what Hoffman's trade value is going to be.

I looked up Hoffman's GF on google images, I know that I shouldn't do this, but she looks really dumb. Karlsson's partner on the other hand looks hot, of average intelligence (sorry), and sweet.
My post referencing the physical appearance of Karlsson's and Hoffman's respective women got deleted (obviously some closet Sens fans on here) so tread carefully.

I will reiterate though that when I saw photos of the two women in question my empathy level for the both of them went pretty much out the window. I think they're more alike than they want to admit ("cheap and tawdry" is an expression that leaps to mind) and to me it shows that neither player has any taste. That said, Hoffman's career is the one that's in peril here, not Karlsson's. Whatever happens, Karlsson will get paid a king's ransom to play somewhere. Hoffman, maybe not. I listened to Ray Ferraro on Vancouver radio yesterday and he does about 25 Sens games a year between the benches. He said that Hoffman is frequently one of the laziest players he's ever seen on the ice. Work habits like that will get you skidded out of the league even faster than a scandal like the one in which he's currently embroiled. I see a future for him in the KHL.

Reactions: DAChampion

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Probably not.

But Hoffman sounds pretty sure neither he or his GF are involved in this.

So I'd wait until the facts come out before claiming this or that about anyone involved.
Yep, in this #metoo era all it takes is an accusation to destroy someone. The minute you trade due process for expediency you're on the slippery slope to fascism (but then again, we are, in many ways, on that slippery slope already)

My first thought, after asking why Hoffman or his girlfriend would even want to do something like this, was that perhaps Hoffman and his girlfriend are also victims here. Perhaps some tech-savvy a-hole decided to trash talk Karlsson and his wife and fixed it so that the trail would lead to Hoffman. I don't know enough about the technology to know how one could do this but I'm sure it can be done. Once I saw photos of the two women in question, however, it started looking like a low tech cat fight. Still, I'm prepared to let the cops do their jobs before deciding who's guilty or innocent.

That said, if I were another team's GM I might be calling Ottawa about Hot Karl but I have zero interest in Hoffman. Too much drama for too little talent. Karlsson is at least talented enough to be worth putting up with a degree of drama.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Yep, in this #metoo era all it takes is an accusation to destroy someone. The minute you trade due process for expediency you're on the slippery slope to fascism (but then again, we are, in many ways, on that slippery slope already)

My first thought, after asking why Hoffman or his girlfriend would even want to do something like this, was that perhaps Hoffman and his girlfriend are also victims here. Perhaps some tech-savvy a-hole decided to trash talk Karlsson and his wife and fixed it so that the trail would lead to Hoffman. I don't know enough about the technology to know how one could do this but I'm sure it can be done. Once I saw photos of the two women in question, however, it started looking like a low tech cat fight. Still, I'm prepared to let the cops do their jobs before deciding who's guilty or innocent.

That said, if I were another team's GM I might be calling Ottawa about Hot Karl but I have zero interest in Hoffman. Too much drama for too little talent. Karlsson is at least talented enough to be worth putting up with a degree of drama.

The court of public opinion has existed for MUCH longer than the #metoo movement. The difference now is that its much easier for anyone to reach a large audience. Trashing people in public has existed for over a millennia.

Due process is still very much in place. Hoffman's girlfriend will be able to file her own affidavit and they'll both be heard in chambers.

And lets refrain from outlandish theories (tech-saavy a-hole) or literally judging a book by its cover.

Also, Hoffman's been a 1st line caliber scorer his entire year. He's probably not worth the drama, but he's very talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->