Post-Game Talk (GBU): Our GBU has the same Urgency as Dahlin tonight

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dahlin even spending not the best match manages to gain his points. Sobotka, Vesey and Mitts should not be in the roster.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I think the biggest obstacle with getting Vlad/Casey/Sheary out of the lineup is that we don't have anyone to fill in for them, and the fact that Botts probably wants Asplund and Tage to spend a good chunk in Roch with Taylor working on their game.

But for real though, they need to figure it out because Casey is really struggling and Vlad is terrible.

They should be more concerned with Mittlestadt’s development than those two. He has the highest upside.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
They should be more concerned with Mittlestadt’s development than those two. He has the highest upside.

Agreed, and the organization invested a lot into him taking him 7th overall. He's a huge piece to the puzzle and they need to get him on the right track.

Reactions: Goathead

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
I think its time to scramble things up and flip Vesey and Olafsson.

Vesey-Jack-Sam
Skinner-Johansson-Sobotka
ERod-Mitts-Olafsson

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
What is wrong with Sheary in the top 9? He looked a lot better then Vesey and Mitts before he got hurt.

Good luck finding an upgrade on Sheary for cheap.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Some are acting like we got smacked at even strength. I'd give Montreal the edge but not by a lot. There was a lot of sloppy play in all phases that needs to get cleaned up.
honestly most of the big shots from Montreal weren't from sustained pressure....most were from bad giveaways and 2 of them were our defenseman sitting in the back waiting 2 years not passing and getting checked right off the puck despite seeing the man coming and giving them a free pass to the front of the net.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Traveling for work. Business 7am to 10pm so missed game will have to watch DVR when I return.
Eichel’s 2nd goal was channeling Perrault, except Perrault would have split the d-men then deked the goalie.

coastal

Jun 22, 2016
A win and no GBU?

G: The PP
B: Most of the team at es
U: Dahlin with the puck

Stats for the night

After 4 games I think this team is being told be Krueger to just go. May take them a while to figure out how to go without getting got. 2 games in a row they've really struggle with the fast forecheck. Decision making really struggles under pressure and there's still the panic mode of last season creeping into their game.
Is this English?

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
G: During the co-cap era it seemed that it never mattered if the Sabres fell behind - No lead was insurmountable. They found a way to win. You never felt that they were out of the game. Cardiac kids, right.

The last several seasons I've forgotten how that felt. It was more of a sense that the Sabres were certain to snatch defeat out of the mouth of victory. Coupled with a genuine dislike for most of the personnel it was hard to watch an entire game.

But it feels different now. It feels like it used to. There is a sense of that old swagger coming back. I like these guys.

Reactions: oldgoalie and ceky

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
If the plan is still to trade Risto then they need to get a healthy Bogo back or bring up Borgen. For his faults, Risto brings the hammer which is desperately missing from this lineup.

If they could get a scoring winger for Risto that could compliment Mojo-Skinner then they would be in business.

Reactions: Onslow and Kevbeau

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
To my surprise we actually lead in CF%, HDCF% and SCF%

How? I don't know. It felt like Montreal was all over us for large stretches.

The answer lays somewhere between “they dominated the neutral zone, which isn’t tracked as anything offensive”, and “there was a lot of puck luck and bounces in the ozone where the puck was technically there for Montreal, but wasn’t really generating much outside of fear in the fans”

We definitely had more scoring chances than them this game. All the stats reflect that.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I'd be interested in seeing Sam slide down to Mitts line, see if he can get him going. Maybe ERod with Eichel and Goalofson.

do NOT break up Jack and Sam. Things are going quite well. Why mess with something that is working?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The answer lays somewhere between “they dominated the neutral zone, which isn’t tracked as anything offensive”, and “there was a lot of puck luck and bounces in the ozone where the puck was technically there for Montreal, but wasn’t really generating much outside of fear in the fans”

We definitely had more scoring chances than them this game. All the stats reflect that.

I think the first two games also raised the bar and set a high expectation for this team. A relatively even game feels "bad" compared to the utter domination of the Pens and Devils. We see that this team is capable of more, and now we demand it on a nightly basis.

On the one hand, it's not realistic to expect that kind of consistency. On the other, it's refreshing to actually be expecting it out of the Sabres. That's a feeling we haven't had in forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad