Prospect Info: Otto Leskinen

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Just bring back Alzner, please. Let him earn his money.
Dude's been blacklisted. Yeah, he was really bad the year he played. But in camps and stuff he's been fine I thought and they are calling up every other guy but him.

It's not like we need his cap hit hidden, ol MB doesn't even spend to it anyway. He must have said something egregious and pissed someone important off.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Dude's been blacklisted. Yeah, he was really bad the year he played. But in camps and stuff he's been fine I thought and they are calling up every other guy but him.

It's not like we need his cap hit hidden, ol MB doesn't even spend to it anyway. He must have said something egregious and pissed someone important off.
I’m happy they’re trying the kids first, honestly. It’s good to see what if anything they can bring. But realistically, if Leskinen doesn’t stick and we still aren’t made a trade, I’d give a shot to a very motivated Alzner and see what he can do. At the very best, he increases his value and makes him somewhat tradable.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Interested to see him play. He had a good camp. Very good offensive skills and solid skater. Pretty much tells you what they think of Reilly. Ouellet might get a callup at this rate.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Makes more sense than Olofsson since he's leading Rocket's D in points and leading the team for assist.
Still have very low expectation since those type of signing rarely work out…..but we never know.

Reactions: groovejuice

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Cant believe we were this hard on Beaulieu. Reilly is the definition of brutal.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Him being on the team is a constant reminder to MB that he's is an idiot who actually thought he was signing John Carlson instead of Karl Alzner.

Reactions: CrAzYNiNe

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Awesome! Another sub NHLer the organization and fan base will hope is a revelation and saviour only to find out he’s a middling defender who won’t solve anything other than be a patch until a real top 4 D is acquired. Yay!

You mean like Gorges, Streit, Mete, Fleury, Chiarot, Danault, Armia, Dale Weise the first time, etc...

Wanting to see what he can do is different than hoping he'll be a savior. Let's see what he can do before we judge him.

Last edited:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

why should they call him instead of the future Habs players ? that gives them an idea of what it is in the big league, the speed of the game . Alzner won't be a part of the near future

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
why should they call him instead of the future Habs players ? that gives them an idea of what it is in the big league, the speed of the game . Alzner won't be a part of the near future
I'm not advocating for an Alzner call-up at all, it's just really, really weird on the surface. Maybe it's just because I read the story about it today in The Athletic but it just strikes me as weird.

No statement has ever been made. Nothing has ever been said, even by Alzner himself (although he's now starting to air out little things in the press.) He was just gone one day and, apart from some games last year, hasn't been back. And I remember when they asked JJD about him, he flat out said "That's one guy I'm not going to talk about." Nothing about "being a good pro and he just regressed" just flat out refusing to even acknowledge it.

Reminds me a lot of the Joffrey Lupul situation with the Leafs, except that guy just stopped playing. Robidas was one thing, he was older and done (and so are a lot of these cases) but Alzner was still young-ish for hockey years.

It just strikes me as strange that we're having a revolving door of D problems, with injuries no less, and they haven't even considered being like "You know what? Maybe we give that guy another shot." They just pretend he doesn't exist and we go along with it.

Again, not an Alzner fanboy by any stretch but it just strikes me as really odd.

Reactions: Zam Boni and JAPPO

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
not expecting much , another 7th dman playing in our top 6

With Peca, Leskinen, and Primeau, we may have the best lineup we can ice under the circumstances. Now, that's not saying much. But every little bit helps. Byron wasn't doing much offensively. Yet his absence has hurt us...

Primeau we hope will be better than Kinkade
Peca is best suited to replace Byron.
Leskinen may turn out to be best suited to replace what Mete brings.

I had Leskinen as better than Kulak and Reilly in preseason. Liked a Leskinen-Fleury pair. But it was preseason. I saw him as a bit of a dman version of Suzuki. Slows the play down, but will he be able to execute at NHL speed? Is small - will he be able to handle himself in the corners?

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia

I don’t think Claude is a fan of him and does not want him up with the big club

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Leskinen has been solid in Laval but I think he needs to improve his speed. Has shown some decent puck moving abilities though. Who will he be paired with?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad