Prospect Info: Otto Leskinen

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Late bloomer. He left for Kalpa when we were like 16(?). Didint stand out there. But he just always made it work where ever he went. Finally he got a change on Kalpa and never looked back. He gets better every year. Really good skater and puckhandler. Makes lot of right passes. He is one of those guys who works hard until he gets a regular spot.
Nice, that's the best quote in the Leskinen's thread for people who don't know him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Late bloomer. He left for Kalpa when we were like 16(?). Didint stand out there. But he just always made it work where ever he went. Finally he got a change on Kalpa and never looked back. He gets better every year. Really good skater and puckhandler. Makes lot of right passes. He is one of those guys who works hard until he gets a regular spot.

I know there is only so much you can tell from a highlights clip, but he seems to have a lot of confidence. Would you say he has a high hockey IQ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe he surprises at camp and makes the big club. It's not like there is much competition on the left side besides Kulak and Mete.

If we are to believe the Dobber guy who profiled him, his defensive abilities need work -- no way Julien will put up with shoddy defence. He'll be well taken care of by Bouchard. Who knows, maybe he can thrive sooner under Bouchard.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
If we are to believe the Dobber guy who profiled him, his defensive abilities need work -- no way Julien will put up with shoddy defence. He'll be well taken care of by Bouchard. Who knows, maybe he can thrive sooner under Bouchard.
True. If he plays similar to Mike Reilly, he's done.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“Our head coach Sami Kapanen, he let me play a lot of PP. I think that's the biggest thing... He gave me a lot of ice time. He trusted me.”

“I think I still have to improve a little more at the defensive game. I also need a little bit more power... So I'm good in front of the net and in the corners.”

“I just want to show the best parts of my game when I get there... I'll just be myself and play well with the puck.”

“It was Kotkaniemi. He texted me and congratulated me on the contract. It's always easier if you know somebody... I felt pretty comfortable there...”

Reactions: Redux91

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The Joni Ikonen Thoughts (08/05/2019):

“He was really lethal this year on the power play. He's good at passing it around and reading the game. His shot was really good this year. It was really good from the point, both his slap shot and his wrist shot. He scored a couple from there.”

“At the end of the season, we were on the same power play unit. He made easy passes. He's a good passer from the point, too, and he just reads the game well.”

“He's a really good skating defenseman. Really agile. His strength is with the puck. He's a good skater and a good playmaker. He's good all around. He's a good offensive defenseman.”

Reactions: Redux91

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Patrik and Julian rated Harris late 30s. I guess they never saw him play.

i don't know who that is, but if you publish a list you should see them play first. I've said usually on this board over all my years at HF, I find that the NCAA kids get a little underrated and the CHL kids a little overrated especially the ones from the Q since that's where many of our posters are and will have seen them. Of course these days you can pretty much catch most leagues from anywhere in the world as long as you have high speed internet and are willing to spend the cash and time. Liiga as of this past season is the only league that you have to be from that country or know someone in order to get their games unless there's a work around that i don't know about yet.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
i don't know who that is, but if you publish a list you should see them play first. I've said usually on this board over all my years at HF, I find that the NCAA kids get a little underrated and the CHL kids a little overrated especially the ones from the Q since that's where many of our posters are and will have seen them. Of course these days you can pretty much catch most leagues from anywhere in the world as long as you have high speed internet and are willing to spend the cash and time. Liiga as of this past season is the only league that you have to be from that country or know someone in order to get their games unless there's a work around that i don't know about yet.
They are 2 of the guys from EOTP that gave a ranking. It dropped Harris a good 3-4 spots.

Doxinoctae

Dec 16, 2018
is he going to be a surprise like Markov was when he first arrives as a dman at the camp ... !?

I really wonder if he can maintain 200 feet game next to folin or weber ... but he sure have a shot first pair in the minor with fleury or brooks or juulsen.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
is he going to be a surprise like Markov was when he first arrives as a dman at the camp ... !?

I really wonder if he can maintain 200 feet game next to folin or weber ... but he sure have a shot first pair in the minor with fleury or brooks or juulsen.
That's gonna be hard since he's competing with 3 experienced D in Ouellet, Alzner and Olofsson.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That's gonna be hard since he's competing with 3 experienced D in Ouellet, Alzner and Olofsson.

Leskinen should be the priority over Alzner.

Would be surprised if Olofsson can stay healthy.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Leskinen should be the priority over Alzner.

Would be surprised if Olofsson can stay healthy.
The first pair LD needs to be the best LD, whether it's Alzner or Ouellet or Olofsson or Leskinen or Sklenicka. Laval needs to win games.

Reactions: Stubu

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Best course of action for Leskinen right now is a year in Laval. Let him learn the NA game, get used to the physicality, get used to the travel, the systems, the culture, absorb every ounce of hockey knowledge Bouchard will teach him and learn what it takes to be a pro on and off the ice.

There is a whole lot of suck and sacrifice to being a professional athlete, but the pay off is immense and life changing.

When I hear things like him dominating at the AHL level for an extended period, great training / eating habits, consummate pro, fantastic teammate with a commitment to winning and a great attitude, then I'll entertain the possibility if him cracking the 6-7 spot, even for a "look see".

Guys coming out of junior / Europe really don't grasp how much of the process they can control on the ice, in the dressing room and off the ice. Bouchard, if anything, will show him just that and we'll see what he does with it.

Reactions: Stubu

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The first pair LD needs to be the best LD, whether it's Alzner or Ouellet or Olofsson or Leskinen or Sklenicka. Laval needs to win games.

Player development over winning.

The NHL is not a development league. The AHL is.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00