Sportsnet: Ottawa Senator with COVID19 (Possibly multiple players)

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
CBC just reported 5 new cases in Ottawa confirmed this aft

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
CBC just reported 5 new cases in Ottawa confirmed this aft
I think i saw that of them 2 just came back from Europe and all 19 ottawa cases are people who either recently returned from outside Canada or had close contact with someone who did.

Problem is 19 people is a tiny fraction of ottawa residents that have recently returned from abroad.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think i saw that of them 2 just came back from Europe and all 19 ottawa cases are people who either recently returned from outside Canada or had close contact with someone who did.

Problem is 19 people is a tiny fraction of ottawa residents that have recently returned from abroad.

Ya that's what I read

No evidence yet that it is randomly spreading in the community

This social distancing thing seems to be working but i have to say it's a bit creepy. I was driving down St Joseph Blvd in Orleans at 530 this evening and it looked almost deserted compared to the usual 530 drive

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
No evidence yet that it is randomly spreading in the community

This social distancing thing seems to be working

upload_2020-3-19_20-9-46.jpeg

But seriously it's a good sign, and maybe a proof point that as a whole we're doing the right thing.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
What is amazing is the anti-malarial drug connection to COVID19 was known a month ago and now the trump mentioned it, it’s the new cure
He's sending false hope and it's dangerous. He talked all night about pharmaceuticals when by far the most important thing to do right now is social distancing.

Reactions: Variable26

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Azythromycine QT prolongation is not insignificant but between that and drowning in your own lungs I would take the risk I think

I get prescribed Azythromicin by my doctor whenever I get bronchitis or other respiratory infections. Usually helps clear it up in a week, what are the side effects exactly as I usually do not suffer any (that I notice I guess).

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I get prescribed Azythromicin by my doctor whenever I get bronchitis or other respiratory infections. Usually helps clear it up in a week, what are the side effects exactly as I usually do not suffer any (that I notice I guess).
Oh yeah azythromycine is really effective against upper respiratory infections as is levofloxacin against lower respiratory infections but these drugs can cause irregular heartbeat for a relatively low % of population. If you feel fine with these antibiotics there is no problem.

Azithromycin, cardiovascular risks, QTc interval prolongation, torsade de pointes, and regulatory issues: A narrative review based on the study of case reports

Cardiac risks associated with antibiotics: azithromycin and levofloxacin

Long QT syndrome - Symptoms and causes

Reactions: Sensators

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

From a place that is a little further down the timeline and where measures started being put in place when we were still only at 40 cases, I can say it will continue to get worse. A big problem is that only people with a travel history will be getting checked, community spread cases won't know or suspect Covid unless they become severe, and the long incubation period will allow lots of other people to become infected in the meantime. We've been on nationwide quarantine all week, schools closed last week and I think we are just moving into a worse phase now.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
From a place that is a little further down the timeline and where measures started being put in place when we were still only at 40 cases, I can say it will continue to get worse. A big problem is that only people with a travel history will be getting checked, community spread cases won't know or suspect Covid unless they become severe, and the long incubation period will allow lots of other people to become infected in the meantime. We've been on nationwide quarantine all week, schools closed last week and I think we are just moving into a worse phase now.
I was thinking of you. I think you are in the Czech Republic right?...You guys are the eye of the storm!

The governor of NY has issued a call for resupply of hospitals..it may be only a few weeks before all hell breaks loose there!!! we are probably heading down the same roads as central Europe.

Canada is bigger and less densely populated than Europe. We are less Hugs and kisses as well. That should help slow this down. I have lived in my neighborhood 17 years now, I am certain, that I have never shaken a neighbor's hand!!!

There is an irony to Western nation's lack of tribalism..it may save us.

stay safe guy...

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I was thinking of you. I think you are in the Czech Republic right?...You guys are the eye of the storm!

The governor of NY has issued a call for resupply of hospitals..it may be only a few weeks before all hell breaks loose there!!! we are probably heading down the same roads as central Europe.

Canada is bigger and less densely populated than Europe. We are less Hugs and kisses as well. That should help slow this down. I have lived in my neighborhood 17 years now, I am certain, that I have never shaken a neighbor's hand!!!

There is an irony to Western nation's lack of tribalism..it may save us.

stay safe guy...

Yeah, Act 1 is drawing to a close here, Act 2 is about to unfold. So far we are the country with the highest number of cases where there has not been a death yet. That's great. But now we are going to see how the system holds up once it starts to spread among those on the front line, now that truly anyone could have it and not just those who were travelling. As I say, measures were implemented quickly. But yes, populations are more concentrated here. You don't have everyone in their own house with their own yard and it's pretty much impossible to live in complete isolation, nor is it completely in people's natures. I don't have a car so I can't buy two weeks of supplies. If I fall sick I don't actually know what I'll do because the services that deliver groceries say are booked up for weeks in advance.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, Act 1 is drawing to a close here, Act 2 is about to unfold. So far we are the country with the highest number of cases where there has not been a death yet. That's great. But now we are going to see how the system holds up once it starts to spread among those on the front line, now that truly anyone could have it and not just those who were travelling. As I say, measures were implemented quickly. But yes, populations are more concentrated here. You don't have everyone in their own house with their own yard and it's pretty much impossible to live in complete isolation, nor is it completely in people's natures. I don't have a car so I can't buy two weeks of supplies. If I fall sick I don't actually know what I'll do because the services that deliver groceries say are booked up for weeks in advance.

How far are you from a grocery store? Perhaps you can have a bit of a routine while on lockdown, there you can go for a walk to the store daily and get one bag of groceries per day. It gets you out of the house and gives you a bit of exercise and fresh air, and breaks up the day a bit, and gives you the supplies you need.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
How far are you from a grocery store? Perhaps you can have a bit of a routine while on lockdown, there you can go for a walk to the store daily and get one bag of groceries per day. It gets you out of the house and gives you a bit of exercise and fresh air, and breaks up the day a bit, and gives you the supplies you need.

Oh, I do do that, and that's fine for the time being. I'm just saying that if I were to come down with a case of corona, the danger I present to others would quickly change from potential and theoretical to acute and very real. It would basically mean I would have to find other people to get my groceries for me, which honestly goes so against my nature that I'd probably find that worse than the actual being sick, and that's even before factoring in the potential risk it would put them at.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad