Sportsnet: Ottawa Senator with COVID19 (Possibly multiple players)

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
People need to social distance and self quarantine, not hoard cleaning supplies and TP. The effort is in the right place, the action is wrong.

As for what’s to come, BC doctors have been begging BC health to enforce isolation measures because they report that were on a similar trajectory as Italy at the moment.

The park near our house was filled with kids and parent yesterday, despite all municipal parks being closed, and all structures and seating being cordoned off. No one is enforcing the ‘suggested’ behaviour, and many are ignoring it.

So many people just don’t get it, despite how much pleading by Italian doctors, we’re not ready to do what it takes to stave off an outbreak like SK was, or China for that matter.

It’s not about panicking, it’s about applying common Sense based on what we know will happen if we don’t.

Reactions: derriko and NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
People need to social distance and self quarantine, not hoard cleaning supplies and TP. The effort is in the right place, the action is wrong.

As for what’s to come, BC doctors have been begging BC health to enforce isolation measures because they report that were on a similar trajectory as Italy at the moment.

The park near our house was filled with kids and parent yesterday, despite all municipal parks being closed, and all structures and seating being cordoned off. No one is enforcing the ‘suggested’ behaviour, and many are ignoring it.

So many people just don’t get it, despite how much pleading by Italian doctors, we’re not ready to do what it takes to stave off an outbreak like SK was, or China for that matter.

It’s not about panicking, it’s about applying common Sense based on what we know will happen if we don’t.

Yeah, the evidence of what happens to a first world country is there, it's right in front of us.

Italy has an excuse to some extent - we don't.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Reading Connor Brown was afraid from the pains in his chest from Covid make you realize how dangerous this is. It's not a flu. It's strikes fear into the hearts of elite athletes who have trouble breathing in some cases. Glad to hear he is over the hump, but this is not something anyone should think will be a walk in the park, as many have died across every age bracket, except for youth it would seem. Basically if you can watch an R-rated movie legally, you're fair game for Covid.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Reading Connor Brown was afraid from the pains in his chest from Covid make you realize how dangerous this is. It's not a flu. It's strikes fear into the hearts of elite athletes who have trouble breathing in some cases. Glad to hear he is over the hump, but this is not something anyone should think will be a walk in the park, as many have died across every age bracket, except for youth it would seem. Basically if you can watch an R-rated movie legally, you're fair game for Covid.
Huh? Where’s this?

Reactions: derriko

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Do you know something that the rest of us don't?

Where did you read this...?

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Do you know something that the rest of us don't?

Where did you read this...?

His mom posted it on Facebook. Sent to me by a Sens fan in T.O. who saw it and sent it as a screen capture (can't really send a link to a feed don Facebook). Could have been a hoax, but didn't read it that way. Seemed like a legit post from a concerned (and relieved) Mom.

As I said on another thread, leave it to Moms to our their Covid kid on Facebook.

Reactions: derriko

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
His mom posted it on Facebook. Sent to me by a Sens fan in T.O. who saw it and sent it as a screen capture (can't really send a link to a feed don Facebook). Could have been a hoax, but didn't read it that way. Seemed like a legit post from a concerned (and relieved) Mom.

As I said on another thread, leave it to Moms to our their Covid kid on Facebook.

Pretty easy to verify if it's real by checking out the page and seeing if that's indeed his mom.

Sounds realistic to me though. Fits the profile of the first player to get diagnosed.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I posted on here a while ago that a Reddit rumor suggested it was Connor Brown. So it kind of matches that story.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

It's because it's "hard".

It's hard to stay isolated with children. So people just rationalize away poor behaviour for their own selfish benefit.

Society is soft AF.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It's because it's "hard".

It's hard to stay isolated with children. So people just rationalize away poor behaviour for their own selfish benefit.

Society is soft AF.

I know what you mean. I just had to have another family argument with one of my teenaged girls as to why they can’t come to the grocery store with me.

The kids are getting stir crazy, and the teenagers are acting out, but we need to nip this thing in the bud ASAP, and that involves some stricter parenting in our household at least.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I know what you mean. I just had to have another family argument with one of my teenaged girls as to why they can’t come to the grocery store with me.

The kids are getting stir crazy, and the teenagers are acting out, but we need to nip this thing in the bud ASAP, and that involves some stricter parenting in our household at least.

It’s definitely hard on the teens. My kids are okay for now. They weren’t before. We had a big sit down last week to explain the gravity of the situation and how not social distancing can cause deaths. I think giving a firm but extreme explanation of the pandemic helps.

I see other neighbourhood teens are circumventing their parents rules by telling parents that they going for a walk and then end up meeting with friends at the parks.

I just setup a basketball net we bought a couple of weeks back, we have trampoline and hockey stuff. Trying to keep them active on our property.

Stay safe.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It’s definitely hard on the teens. My kids are okay for now. They weren’t before. We had a big sit down last week to explain the gravity of the situation and how not social distancing can cause deaths. I think giving a firm but extreme explanation of the pandemic helps.

I see other neighbourhood teens are circumventing their parents rules by telling parents that they going for a walk and then end up meeting with friends at the parks.

I just setup a basketball net we bought a couple of weeks back, we have trampoline and hockey stuff. Trying to keep them active on our property.

Stay safe.

Sounds like a solid plan Variable :)

We have badminton set up, and my wife has us all doing Bootcamps, so we’re staying active and fit.

We usually go for an evening family walk around the block in the evening, and the girls are doing lots of baking.

We’ll survive :)

Reactions: Variable26

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Maybe I'm crazy here...but how the hell can it be hard on kids and teens?

Hundreds of tv channels, internet, console and online gaming, all sort of ways to talk to friends and facetime online, infinite number of books you can download online...

This should be easy!

Not to sound like an old fart, but what would those kids do in the 1970s with no internet, no cable...just an antenna that gets 2-3 channels and pretty much the only console system was pong?

Feels like today's society was designed for self-isolation.

Reactions: Cosmix

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007

Hundreds of tv channels, internet, console and online gaming, all sort of ways to talk to friends and facetime online, infinite number of books you can download online...

This should be easy!

Not to sound like an old fart, but what would those kids do in the 1970s with no internet, no cable...just an antenna that gets 2-3 channels and pretty much the only console system was pong?

Also premium is free right now on a certain popular, adult video streaming site as a way to help flatten the curve. 13 year old me would have flattened the curve my self!

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

This should be easy!

Very true. My son is on his second online sleepover with gaming and movies. They can all watch the same movie and chat over a device.

If you have kids or family that want to chat online easily: houseparty is the app.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

This should be easy!

There's really only so much TV that they can stomach. I'm just glad that I moved to a house with a yard last year.

If I was stuck in a condo, it'd be nuts since there was nowhere to go. I will say though, that I think that as the weather gets better there's nothing wrong with finding trails to go for walks on or even using the green space of parks so long as you maintain appropriate space with others.

But then again, I'm still business as usual at work (and they're closing a shift, so we'll end up with a few more on ours)... So I know it's just a matter of time before I get it in some fashion.

People still want to socialize face to face to some extent, I find it a bit of a stress relief to have idle chatter with random people who are doing the same when you're out walking the dog /toddler.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
The issue is not kids..Its their Grandparents or their autistic cousin, or their diabetic uncle or aunt. It is their next door neighbors dealing with the aforementioned issues.

Had we the means by which to isolate the high risk from the rest, then let everyone go out and about, get this thing, the vast majority will get mild symptoms, and we can move on..

Unfortunately, there is little that can be done to truly "selectively" isolate. So, we must isolate everyone. Remember grocery stores are for everyone as are hospitals as are pharmacies as are...so on and so on.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
There's really only so much TV that they can stomach. I'm just glad that I moved to a house with a yard last year.

If I was stuck in a condo, it'd be nuts since there was nowhere to go. I will say though, that I think that as the weather gets better there's nothing wrong with finding trails to go for walks on or even using the green space of parks so long as you maintain appropriate space with others.

But then again, I'm still business as usual at work (and they're closing a shift, so we'll end up with a few more on ours)... So I know it's just a matter of time before I get it in some fashion.

People still want to socialize face to face to some extent, I find it a bit of a stress relief to have idle chatter with random people who are doing the same when you're out walking the dog /toddler.

Caeldan..they predict 70% infection rate...the bulk of us will get it..just try and keep it away form the high risk people.. stay away form the 75 year old walking her dog.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Caeldan..they predict 70% infection rate...the bulk of us will get it..just try and keep it away form the high risk people.. stay away form the 75 year old walking her dog.
Like I said, keep an appropriate distance. Which most people walking dogs do, since you don't want yours tangled up with theirs.

Reactions: Tundraman

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
4 additional people in Sens org test positive

3 players
1 staffer

As per TSN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->