Sportsnet: Ottawa Senator with COVID19 (Possibly multiple players)

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
4 additional people in Sens org test positive

3 players
1 staffer

As per TSN

How is this even happening you think? Are they just starting to show symptoms from their L.A trip or have they been socializing in some ways?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Good point, that could be it.
no, it is it. Tests have taken upwards of two weeks.

as for confidentiality, it's all up to the person. Guys who have huge contracts might not care to say. For other players, a positive test could be bad news for an upcoming contract. Just one example of why they might not want to share.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
no, it is it. Tests have taken upwards of two weeks.

as for confidentiality, it's all up to the person. Guys who have huge contracts might not care to say. For other players, a positive test could be bad news for an upcoming contract. Just one example of why they might not want to share.
If you're UFA or RFA it's definitely something you'd wanna keep secret but I would think that ultimately teams will want to know before signing them. If a player all of a sudden only has 70% of what their lung capacity was a year ago, that's gonna impact their performance in a huge way.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Interesting article in the tweet. They know 7 people on that charter have tested positive (6 int he organization and Gord Wilson). But they only tested people who had symptoms.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Five players

"The good thing is that everyone that had it didn't have horrible symptoms," Smith said of his players. "Being athletes, they all got through it and they're all on the other side of it now."

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5526952

Six members of the Senators' organization, including five players, would eventually test positive, making the team the NHL's epicentre for the disease.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Statistically it could be an outlier , but Gord Wilson has significant pre existing conditions and did recover .

I’m seeing an extremely concerning about of comments that indicate people genuinely believe this virus is going to kill wide swaths of the population and we must stay locked down to eradicate it.

Neither of those positions is supported as remotely likely by data .

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Statistically it could be an outlier , but Gord Wilson has significant pre existing conditions and did recover .

I’m seeing an extremely concerning about of comments that indicate people genuinely believe this virus is going to kill wide swaths of the population and we must stay locked down to eradicate it.

Neither of those positions is supported as remotely likely by data .
Not really. A lockdown isn’t really to prevent deaths it’s to not burden the healthcare system all at once.

Also was Gord considered immunocompromised? I doubt it

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Not really. A lockdown isn’t really to prevent deaths it’s to not burden the healthcare system all at once.

Also was Gord considered immunocompromised? I doubt it

Do you mean the lockdown isn’t really to stop mass infection ? Then I agree .

Preventing the health system from being overrun is the one and only reason for flatten the curve lock downs , and is hand in hand with actually preventing the most amount of deaths given the current variables .

I think we have converted this ad nauseum. I was expressing incredulity that public discourse seems to imply people believe we can actually stop and eradicate covid through distancing .

Immuno compromised isn’t the only associated high risk factor . Having heart condition that requires major surgery is absolutely a pre existing condition .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad