Sportsnet: Ottawa Senator with COVID19 (Possibly multiple players)

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
The NBA has set the game plan for this. Get the player(s) on Insta/Twitter and make a quick video with an update and a PSA to follow the recommended for precautions.

Transparency is always best, even if it's not our first instinct.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
The boys literally had to go through infected dressing rooms to bring home 2nd overall lottery chances on that last day. What legends.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
In addition, the Nets also didn’t release the names of their players who were infected.

KD confirmed himself to the Athletic.

I don’t think there is any provision in the league agreement that players have to be outed when infected during a time of quarantine. I suspect the players would argue that it’s a personal decision to release that info.

Anyways, many more to get it, and get past it.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I say it's Boro.

Did he have it back when he and Melnyk filmed that video?

Joking aside, this is probably stressful times for the owner, not only is his team doing bad on the hockey front, but now this virus has shut down the league and is probably costing him money.

Aside from the financial stress, Melnyk is in that "vulnerable" 60+ group and not to mention his previous health issues this has got to be tough. Now one of his players tests positive and the panic is probably setting with regards to who that player has infected and how far up the organisation it could spread.

Crazy times for sure.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
There’s a decent chance it’s Scott Sabourin. CBC just said a man in his 20s from Ottawa who recently travelled in the United States has been tested positive for COVID-19. I’m assuming most players are gone home and Sabourin is from Ottawa. Can’t be Borowiecki since he’s been home for weeks rehabbing from an injury. I know it’s a big assumption so not saying it is him but the description fits.

From the virus board

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It’s a player in their 20’s who was tested in Ottawa. OPH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad