Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
After last year's performance and this year's start I would be willing to trade Tolnai

I'd only do that on two conditions:

1 - we get an elite centre
2 - Hoelscher is ok with playing 3rd line centre in a more defensive role
OR
2a - Hoelscher is ok playing 3rd centre and we bring in two skilled wingers like last year (would require a kitchen sink series of trades)

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Ottawa is in a great position, with a loaded defence corps, two solid goalies and five top six forwards right now (Clarke, Quinn, Hoelscher, Keating and Rossi). When they inevitably add those top two forwards (hopefully one an OA to reduce outlay) they will likely have the best roster in the league). IMO, they may be smart to add a veteran winner to play on the 4th line and for PK.

In this scenario, the team moves Hudson Wilson as I can't see them moving Okhotyuk (third year import and #2DC by NJ), Rippon (may be Captain next year and local player who badly wanted to be back home) or any of the others who will be back next year. Unless they pivot to sellers, there's no way that they move Hoef or Bahl. I am a huge Wilson fan but we really, really need a Chiodo/Maksimovich type up front to help propel Tolnai and Robinson as those two did last year with Hoelscher.

Keating-Rossi-Clarke
Quinn-Hoelscher-Acquisition
Acquisition-Tolnai-Robinson
Crete/Beck/Johnstson/Yule/Sirizzotti/Tourigny

Bahl-Hoefenmayer
Okhotyuk-Rippon
Belanger-Costantini/Matier/Sawyer

I am scanning the most likely bottom seeded rosters in the league for 2000 born Forwards and the pickings are very, very slim:

Guelph- Gogolev (likely to return as an OA), Cam Hillis and maybe Keegan Stevenson (34 pts last year) in a depth role
Sarnia- Sam Bitten ;)
Hamilton- Jan Jenik (but he is an import as well, and Ottawa likely won't be moving on from Nikita)
Kigston- none
Missisauga- none
North Bay- none
Niagara- Akil Thomas and Kyen Sopa (another import player)
Barrie- none
Owen Sound- Aidan Dudas as the one major impact guys plus depth guys in Daylon Groulx, Barret Kirwin, Adam McMaster

If Oshawa is selling, they are going to fully control the market with Noel, McShane and Antropov if they don't think that they will return plus McLean and Neumann as OA's as well. At this point, unless they are assured of the Mem Cup hosting position why would they sell?

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Is Ottawa underperforming or are they missing parts I know their record says 4 and 1 but all wins in extra time if it was the 1980 their record will not look has good .

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Ottawa is currently missing their best forward Rossi and a top 4 defenseman in Okhotyuk. Last night they used 6 rookies as a result.

I am sure they will be adding a couple of contributing and experienced forwards. Once the pieces fall into place they should prove to be at least a top 5 team in the country.

The defence and goaltending should be fine as is.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
As i was away for 3 weeks I might have missed it but did the team announce their leadership group? To me its a no brainer Keats should be our Cap with Hoef/ Wilson/Rossi as alternates.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
Holy c***, Andree is on fire tonight! Need to get him some help though (unless he decides to start scoring goals too).

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
As i was away for 3 weeks I might have missed it but did the team announce their leadership group? To me its a no brainer Keats should be our Cap with Hoef/ Wilson/Rossi as alternates.
No change from last year. Unofficial leadership group in the room; but no letters on jerseys.

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
We should wait till next year to go for it as the team will be more experienced and it will cost less to improve as we wo t need as many pieces as we definitely need for this year
We have a 1 st line and 2 and line and then two 4th lines

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
Week 3 or week 23 we shouldn't stink so much
We are suppose to be better even with our number 1 top centre missing

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
3 to 0
Shutout and we have nothing to worry about ? We got our butts kicked.
Our 3rd and 4ths lines are horrible zero offensive ability.
ROssi is good but seems selfish for taking that stupid penalty , I'm so annoyed at his none hockey play for no reason bone headed play and leaves us with no offense.
We need about 4 forwards to truly be competitive otherwise we are at best a 5th place team
Defense is ok but they can't score and goalies are great but they also can't score

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Stop the crying please you are starting to sound like Kingston fans.

This is a good team. Tolnai is a good froward as well as most of the team. Remember that right now we have only 4 forwards that have had measurable ice time in the OHL.
On Defence we have 4 defence

The rest of the gang is learning to get to the pace. They are also learning about their linemates. Unfortunately, we have no returning forward lines at this time and our defence pairings are messed up a little too.

Look at the opposite end of things Flint is on fire. Do you really think they hve the best team in the OHL.

The first 6 weeks are crazy the kids are just getting to learn about each other they team is also missing an important part of the team in Rossi

Leave them be and let's see what happens.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
3 to 0
Shutout and we have nothing to worry about ? We got our butts kicked.
Our 3rd and 4ths lines are horrible zero offensive ability.
ROssi is good but seems selfish for taking that stupid penalty , I'm so annoyed at his none hockey play for no reason bone headed play and leaves us with no offense.
We need about 4 forwards to truly be competitive otherwise we are at best a 5th place team
Defense is ok but they can't score and goalies are great but they also can't score
Whoa, the roof is not falling in and the 67s will survive. We also have a few contributing factors to consider, 4 games in 7 days, 5 of our first 6 games on the road, a lot of rookies and the travel time we have endured. As well, Rossi's suspension screws up all the projected lines..

We need someone to play with Hoelscher and Quinn and also another player to solidify the Tolnai/Robinson combo. Tolnai is starting to show some desire combined with his skill.

Management will find these players when they become available and the fit is the best suited to our team. It is not like you go to Loblaws and say I will take two of those.

The fourth line will be fine with Crete, Sarzotti, Beck, etc. Yule I believe does not contribute at all and is not required.

In addition, even good teams do have bad games.

Last edited:
Reactions: sirius67fan

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Stop the crying please you are starting to sound like Kingston fans.

This is a good team. Tolnai is a good froward as well as most of the team. Remember that right now we have only 4 forwards that have had measurable ice time in the OHL.
On Defence we have 4 defence

The rest of the gang is learning to get to the pace. They are also learning about their linemates. Unfortunately, we have no returning forward lines at this time and our defence pairings are messed up a little too.

Look at the opposite end of things Flint is on fire. Do you really think they hve the best team in the OHL.

The first 6 weeks are crazy the kids are just getting to learn about each other they team is also missing an important part of the team in Rossi

Leave them be and let's see what happens.

Flint is for real; and, absolutely loaded with picks and prospects

Reactions: ohloutsider

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
I'm not sold on Tolnai, I still believe he wasn't the right pick for us.
Example perfetti was chosen 1 pick before Tolnai and they aren't even close in production,

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Does Tolnai play first line minutes, power play and penalty kill, or is he mired on 3rd or 4th line?

Just wondering as I don't follow every player on every team.

What I saw last night was a player looking for a role.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Hello 67's fans. OS Attack fan here in good faith with an outside view of what may be of concern for your squad moving forward.
First off, I'd like to say that your 67's team really is a pleasure to watch, we had you here for our opening night and it was a great game to start the season.
IMO, I'm seeing early this year like I saw last year even after the trade deadline, the 67's lack some grit, muscle and tenacity up front. The forward group is skilled up front but I'm thinking there needs to be some size and or muscle mixed into your top 6/9 for sure. Looking at last years deadline moves that brought you both Chiodo and Maksimovich (both very good players) you added speedy, small, productive guys to an already speedy, small, productive forward group but you did not add any size and strength to offset that skill. The backend of your 67's team is very solid with a veteran D group and maybe the best goalie in the league.
Here's to continued success over in the East!

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I'm not sold on Tolnai, I still believe he wasn't the right pick for us.
Example perfetti was chosen 1 pick before Tolnai and they aren't even close in production,

It is torturous to look at the top six of the 2018 draft:
11SudburyByfield, QuintonC6.03.7520708/19/2002York-Simcoe Express MMAAAOMHA - ETA
12FlintVierling, EvanC6.0014506/20/2002York-Simcoe Express MMAAAOMHA - ETA
13PeterboroughCuylle, WilliamLW6.0219302/05/2002Toronto Marlboros MMAAAGTHL
14ErieDrysdale, JamieRD5.10.2515804/08/2002Toronto Marlboros MMAAAGTHL
15SaginawPerfetti, ColeC5.0917101/01/2002Vaughan Kings MMAAAGTHL
16OttawaTolnai, CameronC6.0016702/14/2002Oakville Rangers MMAAAOMHA - SCTA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
All of Byfield, Cuylle, Drysdale and Perfetti are nearly guaranteed first round picks and Vierling is over a point a game this year and likely to be a top three round draft pick himself. What's wild is that if Ottawa would have won one fewer game or Saginaw one more, that Ottawa would have been picking 5th. There was buzz that Perfetti would only report to Oshawa and two reports on the eve of the draft that Ottawa was going to pick him regardless, most likely to declare him a defected player and trade him for a haul plus the 7th overall in the next draft.

Reactions: Robray12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad